Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Amusement Park concept for The Sims 4

8877961724_446d09f97d_o.png

With the Amusement Park DLC coming to SimCity, I thought about this being added to The Sims 4 in a THE SIMS 4: ALL FESTIVE (project title.. just so it's not Festival EP or something).

simcity%20amusement%20park%20out.png

Here are few short descriptions of main features taken from SimCity. Keep in mind that it's for SimCity, I'll later on describe my ideas on how it'd work in The Sims 4.
Signs - These can be placed by your park entrance to attract more tourists to your park. In fact, it not only benefits your park, but all tourist attractions in your city. I highly recommend placing a sign as soon as possible as it’s a fairly cheap module that pays for itself rather quickly.

Main Attractions - These are the rides that tourists really come to your park for (roller coasters, Ferris wheel, go-karts, etc.). Not only do they tend to have a larger capacity for riders, they also will increase the tourist attraction rating of your city. A higher attraction rating means more tourists -- and that's always good for business. Main attractions are also great tools in herding your guests where you want them to go, as guests seek them out first when entering the park.

amuse_2.gif

Secondary Attractions - These rides are cheaper than the main attractions and have a lower maintenance cost (drop tower, carousel, etc.), but doesn’t satisfy as many riders and don’t add nearly as much attraction when compared to the main attractions. Despite that, they’re very beneficial since guests who have just visited a main attraction tend to seek out secondary attractions next.

amuse_3.gif

Concession Stands - These are the cheapest attractions available. They have a small capacity, but work their way through guests quickly. Every guest will go on three rides without going to a concession stand. Once they purchase a good from a concession stand, they are "refreshed" and ready to go on more rides. The most successful parks retain their guests, and without concession stands, it won't happen.

amuse_4.gif

Mini Train Stations - Your guests treat the mini train station much like a secondary attraction. The only difference is that the ride is customizable. You can draw the rail in any way you want within your park, just like a road. It’s a lot of fun winding your rail line throughout the park, through tunnels and over bridges. You can also connect two train stations together, transforming the mini train station into a transport system for your guests. Use the train to transport your guests exactly where you want them to go, whether it’s right to a main attraction or perhaps even to a group of concession stands.

amuse_5.gif

Park Gates - These are additional entrances into your park. Ideally, building a gate close to any major entry point into your city works the best for bringing in tourists. The more direct your route is into your park, the better.

Benches - Although these do not have any gameplay benefits, it just seems cruel not to give your park guests anywhere to sit. Go ahead and build a few around the park and let your guests take a load off their feet.

The way I see it, this concept is something that combines Seasons' festival idea with business running theme of Island Paradise.. just with the amusement park twist to it!

Concept Title:

The Sims 4: All Festive

Theme:

Amusement Parks, Seasonal Festivals, Circus Shows,City Parades

Description:

Considering my own 'ideal TS4 game' and how it would be, we'd be getting basic weather and 4 seasons in base game, but no holiday activities, festivals etc. as we got in The Sims 3. That way, we'd get weather early on and developers would have time to properly make a festival oriented expansion pack.

So.. your game starts. What's new? There would be new options on PC and newspapers to check prices of amusement park tickets and rides, so you don't end up spending last Simoleons on a scary tunnel ride.

Amusement Parks would be miniature subhoods. They would be much smaller than average world in The Sims 4, but it would all be designed to fit the theme of an amusement park. Of course, there would also be an option to plop down an amusement park in your home world, if you prefer having it all in one place.

Game would come with 3 amusement park 'mini worlds' - family themed (restaurants, coffee shops, merchandise for kids, if we are able to buy clothes ability to buy favorite characters' outfits for Halloween (see further) and much more); haunted graveyard theme (scary tunnel rides, graveyard inspired haunted houses we can tour, all entertainers in the park would be dressed as witches, ghosts etc. and we'd be able to buy Spooky Day decorations in shops); and finally aqua parks (enjoy water slides, pool parties, hot tubs, wave pools, massages, spa, sauna and much more).

Hold on.. that's not all! Amusement park destinations are just part of what would come with this expansion pack. So, as we have 4 seasons since base game, and basic weather such as rain, snow, hail, temperature, fog etc. - we would now get seasonal holidays! Love Day, Leisure Day, Spooky Day and Snowflake Day. Celebrations would occur once a year each and overall - it would keep the concept it had in The Sims 3 Seasons.

Besides these 4 holidays, there would be new attraction coming to your city - Circus! Circus would act as a festival lot and it would occur once a year, at random times. Circus lots can be any lot that has enough space (let's say 30x30 for the massive tent), so if you have a spare lot in the world, or your big park has 30x30 free space, it can act as a Circus lot.

Circus shows would feature live acts, like ones from Showtime (acrobats and magicians). They would perform one after another, and (if it's not against developers' vision of The Sims) there would be Circus animals such as tigers, lions, elephants.

And finally - parades! Occurring once every summer, there would be a Mardi Gras inspired parade which would go throughout your city streets in random order. All Sims in your town (NPCs) would autonomously walk out from work/homes/community lots to see the festivals, so you'd see bunch of Sims lining up at the sidewalk to watch the parade.

Additional Features:

○ Be part of Circus tours by joining the acrobat or magician profession. Start out small and join the circus that tours neighboring cities (yep - open world concept! Multiple cities connected).

○ Join parades by applying via computer and dance with the prettiest of them all!

○ Celebrate 4 holidays with your family and friends (in game families and friends! chill tigers, no multiplayer mentioned here lol)

○ New business branch of the game - run Amusement Park! Go from poor water slides to owning a mega Aqua Park!.. or a spooky graveyard! Set prices of tickets, merchandise. Build own merchandise and sell them to make some extra revenue. Get ratings for your Amusement Park by customers and make the fortune you've always dreamed off!

○ Enjoy brand new CAS items and objects - from seasonal themed outfits to crazy uniforms for your employees!

=-=-=-=-=
^^^^^^^^

Hope you like the idea :D let me know what you think! :)

Comments

• SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    WOWW....Best idea ever :thumbup: :thumbup:

That's the only thing that I can say at this moment. :mrgreen:
  • sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think maybe if it was like a carnival than sure, but idk about a full blown amusement park. I don't know many people who live right next to a huge rollercoaster lol, and unless the maps are expanded I can't see it fitting into my worlds.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love it! This is why they need to start taking some of the tried and true EPS ideas and putting them in the base game. Redoing the same EPS may make them money but it also stifles their creativity to a degree. Putting some of Pets, seasons, University, Vacation, Late Night, whatever they decided to do out of that, would leave room for fresh and new ideas like this.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd be happy if it came in an EP with multiple types of amusement parks to choose from, or even as part of a travel destination with a theme park as one of the choices. But it would have to be big, like in Sim City.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think maybe if it was like a carnival than sure, but idk about a full blown amusement park. I don't know many people who live right next to a huge rollercoaster lol, and unless the maps are expanded I can't see it fitting into my worlds.

Many people live right next door to a full blown amusement park. Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida, SeaWorld of Orlando, Universal Orlando, Bush Gardens of Tampa Florida are all in NEIGHBORHOODS!

how do I know this. 1) I'm a native Floridian and it's a right of passage to go to each Theme Park not once a year but quarterly.

2) I worked at Universal Orlando for 4 years while I went to University. I rode the bus to get there and I had friends that lived right across the street.

You can hear the rollercoaster; IJS.

Love your ideas Urosh! I'd prefer the subhood personally; and I've always felt that all sims should be able to travel: pregnant mom's, infants, and toddlers.

sadly I doubt this will come to fruition. I wonder how far they are in production of TS4; I'm sure they have ideas for all future EPs and SPs for the entire series.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    edited May 2013
    Katnap wrote:
    I'd be happy if it came in an EP with multiple types of amusement parks to choose from, or even as part of a travel destination with a theme park as one of the choices. But it would have to be big, like in Sim City.

Part of a travel/vacation EP would suit me just fine as well. It doesn't have to be a full EP on its own.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    edited May 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:

Many people live right next door to a full blown amusement park. Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida, SeaWorld of Orlando, Universal Orlando, Bush Gardens of Tampa Florida are all in NEIGHBORHOODS!

Well thats pretty cool than. :) I've been there a few times and never seen houses on the park lot, but I won't argue with someone who lives there!

I certainly would not want to live right next to a rollercoaster/loud park at all hours of the night, but I'm just saying it wouldn't fit into my worlds. Thats just my 2 cents though.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Love it! This is why they need to start taking some of the tried and true EPS ideas and putting them in the base game. Redoing the same EPS may make them money but it also stifles their creativity to a degree. Putting some of Pets, seasons, University, Vacation, Late Night, whatever they decided to do out of that, would leave room for fresh and new ideas like this.
    Same here!

I want to see them explore new features, such as ones from Ambitions, World Adventures, Showtime and Island Paradise.

I wouldn't call IP a Bon Voyage equivalent, it's more about running a tropical resort, enjoying the ocean in a houseboat etc. It is full of new concepts and that's what I'm most excited about :) It's something never seen in Sims before, and I'm glad they took these last few EPs to do what they want, instead of what's profitable. I'm also excited for Time Travel - new concept, can't wait to see how they do it :)

I personally think weather should be in base game and that Seasons doesn't deserve its own EP. Same goes for Late Night inspired EP. Clubs should be in base game, along with nightlife in general.

They should add important features to base game, and later on expand upon them. So instead of getting Seasons, we'd get weather in base game, then in some other EP we'd get festivals and activities. Instead of Generations, we'd get family features in base game and each new EP would expand upon it with new features.

It would save more than precious space for new concepts that could possibly improve The Sims as series :D
    edited May 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Jay I agree with this as well. This could raise the price of the base game to say around $80 dollars maybe even $90 but to me, money well spent. Especially if in the base game the following things were included: weather; seasons; minor pets- dogs, cats, lizards, birds; diving boards; pool sides; swimming in the ocean; basic gardening with basic harvestables (subsequent EPs will add additional veggies, fruits etc.); community college (University should be a EP simply because it's a subhood); implement the travel system in base game coding so that subsequent EPs can build on the travel system- thereby making each subsequent WORLD a potential travel destination; a few minor clubs and open restaurants- open; minor water activities- parasailing, houseboats, snorkeling, diving etc.

To me that makes a base game. As you stated, it then allows the developers to focus on NEW ideas, NEW interactions etc. Re-doing the same EPs, SPs and having fans wait YEARS to get interactions and activities that were present in the previous series is lazy.
    edited May 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:

Well thats pretty cool than. :) I've been there a few times and never seen houses on the park lot, but I won't argue with someone who lives there!

I certainly would not want to live right next to a rollercoaster/loud park at all hours of the night, but I'm just saying it wouldn't fit into my worlds. Thats just my 2 cents though.

First you said live next door; when I informed you that people do, you then said you never seen houses on the park lot. those are two different things. Living across the street and living on the same lot are not one in the same.

Take Universal Orlando for example. The borders of Universal Orlando are Kirkman, Vineland, Turkeylake Road and hmm what's the other street..Hollywood way. ( I had to check Google, it's been 9 years since I worked there; although I was just back there in March for ****.) Ok, along that entire perimeter are townhomes, apartments, condos. MOST people who come to the theme park access the entrance from Kirkman, or I-4, or from Universal Blvd. Many people do not circle the block and see what is there besides the theme park. These parks are not out in the middle of nowhere.

The main reason Walt Disney chose the present location in Orlando is because I-4 was already there, he didn't have to build a highway like he did in Hollywood to get people to the park. Back in 1970s ( I think Disney opened in '75 I could be wrong; it's between 72-75)But anyways, the city built around Disney to where now there are many neighborhoods around the amusement park. Disney has a lot more room than the other Theme parks, owning 60+miles where as the others only own maybe 20 miles or so.

ETA: V.A.C.A. is a bad word now? anyhoo the word I said was V.A.C.A. short for vacation. I didn't want you think I was swearing or anything.
    edited May 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    orkhid22 wrote:

First you said live next door; when I informed you that people do, you then said you never seen houses on the park lot. those are two different things. Living across the street and living on the same lot are not one in the same.

Take Universal Orlando for example. The borders of Universal Orlando are Kirkman, Vineland, Turkeylake Road and hmm what's the other street..Hollywood way. ( I had to check Google, it's been 9 years since I worked there; although I was just back there in March for ****.) Ok, along that entire perimeter are townhomes, apartments, condos. MOST people who come to the theme park access the entrance from Kirkman, or I-4, or from Universal Blvd. Many people do not circle the block and see what is there besides the theme park. These parks are not out in the middle of nowhere.

The main reason Walt Disney chose the present location in Orlando is because I-4 was already there, he didn't have to build a highway like he did in Hollywood to get people to the park. Back in 1970s ( I think Disney opened in '75 I could be wrong; it's between 72-75)But anyways, the city built around Disney to where now there are many neighborhoods around the amusement park. Disney has a lot more room than the other Theme parks, owning 60+miles where as the others only own maybe 20 miles or so.

ETA: V.A.C.A. is a bad word now? anyhoo the word I said was V.A.C.A. short for vacation. I didn't want you think I was swearing or anything.

Well thank you for all the informative info, although I did say right next to a roller coaster, not next door. As in on the same lot. All I'm saying is that I don't want my sims living on, or next to a theme park. :wink:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    WLfAA9V.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love for them to add an amusement park in the game... :D
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I'm not normally the strongest fan of the amusement park idea, but you've won me over!!! It has a lot of stuff I like!

It's an interesting way of combining some of the existing features with much wanted amusement parks, I like it. I like how things like the showtime circus professions are incorporated into it, and carnivals, and festivals. I'm hoping for basic OFB aspects like being able to sell stuff and own a store, or own a business, as a basic feature of the base game, then have expansions that build on that, so this could offer souvenirs to sell, and yes, running the whole park!!! I like it, it sounds like a strong concept. :D

I'd like it if as well as the bright, colourful theme, there was also a darker creepy theme, a bit like Magic Town and the Le Cirque celebration sets. I'm thinking of that creepy circus in the t.v show Heroes. :D

5349d8d455c80095_f1ee16abdbb64a7d_heroes405.jpg
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hi :D

I know so many requests for an Amusement theme- park/carnaval/vacation destination. It was so lacking in TS2- one on my big requests. :D

I don't know about base game since it could be by itself as a stuff/expansion/Store (maybe) but I would love for them to make it for the game. :thumbup:
  • TheSingingSimmerTheSingingSimmer Posts: 3,348 Member
    edited May 2013
    As a rollercoaster tycoon player, I'm love this idea!

Think of the new types of deaths. :twisted:

FINAL DESTINATION 3-LIKE ROLLERCOASTER DEATHS! :twisted: :twisted:
  • neilshaw1980neilshaw1980 Posts: 210 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I would love this!
  • Urosh1994Urosh1994 Posts: 2,425 Member
    edited May 2013
    To be honest, I'm not normally the strongest fan of the amusement park idea, but you've won me over!!! It has a lot of stuff I like!

It's an interesting way of combining some of the existing features with much wanted amusement parks, I like it. I like how things like the showtime circus professions are incorporated into it, and carnivals, and festivals. I'm hoping for basic OFB aspects like being able to sell stuff and own a store, or own a business, as a basic feature of the base game, then have expansions that build on that, so this could offer souvenirs to sell, and yes, running the whole park!!! I like it, it sounds like a strong concept. :D

I'd like it if as well as the bright, colourful theme, there was also a darker creepy theme, a bit like Magic Town and the Le Cirque celebration sets. I'm thinking of that creepy circus in the t.v show Heroes. :D

Much ♥ for Heroes! :thumbup: My favorite show. :cry:

And yes, I had Magic Town in mind when I described that spooky graveyard theme. :) I loved how it had river going through it and sections. I never figured out how to explore houses on the other side. :? Any tips? I almost wish to install the game so I could do it.

But yeah.. it would be amazing if we got an EP like this........ or I'm just being biased :P
  • Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    edited May 2013
    I beg you EA. This doesn't have to be the base game
    (and yes, it can be the last one)

Seasons' better be first- I"m not waiting till Sims 5 comes out before getting Sims 4 Seasons.
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
    edited May 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    orkhid22 wrote:

Well thank you for all the informative info, although I did say right next to a roller coaster, not next door. As in on the same lot. All I'm saying is that I don't want my sims living on, or next to a theme park. :wink:

I understand about what you want. I too just wanted you to know that people do live near theme/amusement parks. I also misunderstood your first post because I thought you meant next door considering residential lots and commercial lots don't share the same lot in the Sims games, so my bad.

I think that's what neat about Urosh's idea, for people that would prefer to travel to the subhood rather than place it in the home world. Personally I'd prefer to travel simply b/c the worlds are already limited on space, I'd hate to take up a lot of space simply for an amusement park.
    edited May 2013

oh how I loved heroes! and now syfy goes and cancels Alphas. So disappointing
    edited May 2013
    orkhid22 wrote:
    I understand about what you want. I too just wanted you to know that people do live near theme/amusement parks. I also misunderstood your first post because I thought you meant next door considering residential lots and commercial lots don't share the same lot in the Sims games, so my bad.

I think that's what neat about Urosh's idea, for people that would prefer to travel to the subhood rather than place it in the home world. Personally I'd prefer to travel simply b/c the worlds are already limited on space, I'd hate to take up a lot of space simply for an amusement park.

Sorry for the confusion :) like I said maybe if the new worlds in ts4 were bigger, and I could place it on one side of the world and houses on the other, I think I'd actually like it!
    WLfAA9V.png
  • CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    I never figured out how to explore houses on the other side. :? Any tips? I almost wish to install the game so I could do it.

Not sure how much of Makin Magic you remember but you can only live in the houses across the river but you can't just buy them with simoleons you need to buy them with magic coins too!

You get magic coins from doing little quests in magic town and other things like the wand dueling.

Hope this helped :)
  • bebesmamabebesmama Posts: 707 New Member
    edited May 2013

:lol: .. I can't tell if you're serious or not but you gave me a good chuckle.

To the OP: fabulous ideas!

And, I would love to send my sims on a vicious twirly ride after participating in a hotdog eating contest, leading to an embarrassing barfing episode in front of their carnival dates :mrgreen:
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited May 2013
    Urosh1994 wrote:
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    Same here!

I want to see them explore new features, such as ones from Ambitions, World Adventures, Showtime and Island Paradise.

I wouldn't call IP a Bon Voyage equivalent, it's more about running a tropical resort, enjoying the ocean in a houseboat etc. It is full of new concepts and that's what I'm most excited about :) It's something never seen in Sims before, and I'm glad they took these last few EPs to do what they want, instead of what's profitable. I'm also excited for Time Travel - new concept, can't wait to see how they do it :)

I personally think weather should be in base game and that Seasons doesn't deserve its own EP. Same goes for Late Night inspired EP. Clubs should be in base game, along with nightlife in general.

They should add important features to base game, and later on expand upon them. So instead of getting Seasons, we'd get weather in base game, then in some other EP we'd get festivals and activities. Instead of Generations, we'd get family features in base game and each new EP would expand upon it with new features.

It would save more than precious space for new concepts that could possibly improve The Sims as series :D

Yes! New ideas is exactly why I want Pets and Seasons included in the base game. Not only are some players starting to get tired of constantly rebuying the same EP's every four or five years, but it gives them more room to put out something new that we've never quite seen before!

I love the idea of an Amusement Park EP! I want my Sims to see Sims from their town or city, from other towns or cities, or other countries there while exploring the park and making new friends.

One of the things I never saw in WA was some of the people from my Sim's town also visiting China, France, or Egypt and I wished that they did so we could hang out together instead of only being able to long distance chat over the phone. I hope if they do this that we can invite family and friends from in the game who may not live with us, or that they increase household size so I can at least move them all in together and have them go!
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited May 2013
    Great idea but if they do this they'll really need to do a facelift on the worlds/towns themselves and the sims in general since they're afraid to come out majority of the time lol.