The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some Bulit in Expansions

I think Sims 4 should already have the university, weather/seasons, and maybe traveling built in!

The majority of the Simmers out there was waiting for those expansion packs sense the beginning and now they release it in the end!?!

Plus, it would be more like life, some people don't have those expansions and there game is life like...

My favorite thing about the sims is that you...

Play With Life

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,791 Member
    edited May 2013
    sorry but it wouldn't happen.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    BiancaDiAngeloBiancaDiAngelo Posts: 81 New Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

you never know...
  • Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

you never know...

Expansions are how EA makes money off the game. They would be stupid to put it all in the base game, they would basically be giving us all the expansions we previously paid for for free with the exception of paying for the base game. It wouldn't happen, they would lose money.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

you never know...

Expansions are how EA makes money off the game. They would be stupid to put it all in the base game, they would basically be giving us all the expansions we previously paid for for free with the exception of paying for the base game. It wouldn't happen, they would lose money.

I know that but they could just throw in weather and university and raise the price to the game
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

you never know...

I know that but they could just throw in weather and university and raise the price to the game

But if they raise it too much, they risk losing sales. They have to take into account the most a customer's willing to pay, and of course as brookesaywhatx mentions, they also want to maximise their profit.

I am however hopeful that they might add weather to the base game, as they stated that they originally aimed to add it to the base game for sims 3, but couldn't get it working right.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited May 2013
    Rain, snow, dogs and cats! Oh and open restaurants since we did not get those at all in Sims 3! That's all I'm asking!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm hoping they will actually have a new system for expanding the game, instead of just re-doing the same old expansions again.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,553 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather have a richer deeper base game with sims I care about than a shallow one with shallow expansion pack content thrown in. It would come to that if they did put in that stuff. They are only going to invest so much for the price simmers are willing to pay.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    MadameLee wrote:

you never know...

Then a lot of people won't buy it because it's so expensive and may have things they absolutely don't want.

Not only do expansions make money for the company, but they give players the option to pick and choose which packs they want to buy and play.
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited May 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    I'd rather have a richer deeper base game with sims I care about than a shallow one with shallow expansion pack content thrown in. It would come to that if they did put in that stuff. They are only going to invest so much for the price simmers are willing to pay.

I so agree with this one. IMO, TS3's earlier expansions were very shallow. With the exception of Uni, it seems they're starting to get a little better. Seasons had more to offer, I hope IP does as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the others. Some people don't want weather, or pets, or uni in their base games....thats why its a base game. Its vanilla. You can pick and choose what features you want and don't want. And I wouldn't be willing to pay much more than what the game costs now. Its not that easy to just raise the price.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think Sims 4 should already have the university, weather/seasons, and maybe traveling built in!

The majority of the Simmers out there was waiting for those expansion packs sense the beginning and now they release it in the end!?!

Plus, it would be more like life, some people don't have those expansions and there game is life like...

Play With Life

I don't want these things in the base game.

The only thing I want is a stable game that has dynamic Sims, better AI, where traits really matter, and relationships between the Sims are focused on.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I see your guys point, but hopefully they dont just recreating the same expansions...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I see your guys point, but hopefully they dont just recreating the same expansions...

I can agree with this. It was nice seeing some basic EPs coming back from sims 2, but I wouldn't want them in 1,2, 3 and 4 unless they can make it new and exciting. We need some fresh ideas lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    NeekadzNeekadz Posts: 10
    edited May 2013

Play With Life

Definitely agree! I'm hoping that some things from Sims 3 expansion packs (weather, uni) get incorporated into the base game. The expansion packs in Sims 4 could be new ideas.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited May 2013
    BiancaDiAngelo,

The Sims 4 base game maybe a bit more elaborate than the Sims 3 base game, and it may include some aspects from some of the Sims 3 expansion packs, but its doubtful it will include the equivalent of two expansion packs in the base game. They'll also do a better job with University, Weather and vacations destinations, if they don't try to include those things in the base game. I know there are a lot of people working on the Sims 4, but even so, you can't make a really elaborate game, in a day, or even a week or even a month. They're really going to need to focus on the basics for the base game, and probably a few small extra things that have never been in Sims game before. Maybe in addition to the more elaborate animations they could give us the ability to make say curved walls, but trying to cram an extra two expansion packs of content into the base game would be just too much.

You really should be patient. They'll be able to do a much better job, if they work on that all that stuff after the base game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Damienf519 wrote:
    BiancaDiAngelo,

The Sims 4 base game maybe a bit more elaborate than the Sims 3 base game, and it may include some aspects from some of the Sims 3 expansion packs, but its doubtful it will include the equivalent of two expansion packs in the base game. They'll also do a better job with University, Weather and vacations destinations, if they don't try to include those things in the base game. I know there are a lot of people working on the Sims 4, but even so, you can't make a really elaborate game, in a day, or even a week or even a month. They're really going to need to focus on the basics for the base game, and probably a few small extra things that have never been in Sims game before. Maybe in addition to the more elaborate animations they could give us the ability to make say curved walls, but trying to cram an extra two expansion packs of content into the base game would be just too much.

You really should be patient. They'll be able to do a much better job, if they work on that all that stuff after the base game.

I understand, but I dont want them to just be re-makeing the same expansions but with a differant number on the end (sims, sims 2, sims3, and sims4)
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,004 Member
    edited May 2013
    BiancaDiAngelo,

Trust me when I tell you, they won't be exactly the same. They never will be. They'll be something different about each of them. I guarantee you that if they make a Sims 4 Seasons for example, it won't be the same as the one they did for the Sims 2 or the Sims 3. They'll be something different about it, something special. They also could dramatically improve the weather system, and instead of letting us just turn of seasons, give us different climates to choose from, where the Seasons would resemble they would be in those particular climates. For example if you choose a tropical climate, they could set it up so that in the Winter the lakes would not frieze and there would be no snow on the ground. In the Sims 3 Seasons, it looks like it snowed in the winter, even when you have Snow turned off, and you have to use Cheat codes to keep it warm enough so the ponds don't friezes, if you want to have believable snow free winters in places that are suppose to have tropical climates. Also they could do things like set it up so it wouldn't rain very often in a desert climate, but rain very often in a tropical climate.

The same will be true for a University expansion pack. Sure, a lot of it, will be the same, but it won't be exactly the same. There was a lot of things that they left out of the sims 2 University and the Sims 3 university Life, that would fit the ep's theme, that they could have included, but didn't and they may include some of those things in the Sims 4's equivalent ep.
  • Options
    xPyrrhaxPyrrha Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2013

Play With Life

I agree! I think they might add a little bit of it because they could make new ideas for different expansion packs? I hope so! :D
  • Options
    YoudontGnomieYoudontGnomie Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2013
    I understand why we can't have all that right off the bat but I am getting pretty sick of buying the same EPs every 4 years.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013

Play With Life

Do keep in mind the Base game is intended for a base around the 2014 tech mark. Not everything can be added in base for reasons of time consumption and money.

But do keep in mind an expansion exists for a person's option
    if you don't want that to appear in your game, don't get it! :wink:
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I think EA needs to include at least one simple EP into the basegame. They're going to lose sales if they just keep selling the same game over and over with a new name on it. They need to do more than just up the graphics, they need to come up with new ideas for EP's. People are going to start catching on and stick with the old games if the new ones are really nothing new.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I understand why we can't have all that right off the bat but I am getting pretty sick of buying the same EPs every 4 years.

Thats all I am trying to say... (This is for everybody that are arguing with me)
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited May 2013

I think a lot of people are starting to feel this way. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. It's too much like right to me to include Seasons, University, and Pets in the base game. But EA has to make money.

I told my mom I was getting Seasons, and she looked at me like I was crazy and asked didn't I already have it. I explained that I had Seasons for 2 not 3 and she shook her head and asked in her own long, drawn out, non-technology-or-gaming-understanding way why it wasn't just added to the base game.

Hopefully they release those EP's first so we won't have to wait too long.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    YoudontGnomieYoudontGnomie Posts: 84 Member
    edited May 2013

Hopefully they release those EP's first so we won't have to wait too long.

Right? Seasons was released Way too late! Every time a new expansion was announced I was disappointed it wasn't weather. Whatever, I am pretty excited to start all over with a nice clean new base game. There are a lot of simmers on this forum asking for the world and all I really want is an interesting new sims without all the annoying bugs I have to deal with in TS3