Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Futuristic EP and TS4? Are we Sure about the last EP?

Two things are bugging me about the last EP for TS3 this year and the next game.

The EP is about the future..I guess..but not enough info yet and are we 'sure' it is an EP for TS3?

And the comment on the rendering of the TS4 Sims's eyes..'these are the eyes of our future'.

Maybe I do over think things..but there is just something about the survey on this site, the EP being about the 'future' supposedly, and the comment about the eyes of the TS4 Sims.

It's bugging me, but I can't put a finger on it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    The first time the Futuristic EP was mentioned, it was discussed as being going into the future. The eyes for that TS4 image are mentioned as the future of the Sims.

They're both connected in that future is the hint.
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    Oooo maybe the sims in the image will be the sims we meet in the future expansion and in turn will be in the sims 4!

And yeah.. it's the last EP as stated in the FAQ.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited May 2013
    There is nothing stopping them from changing their minds, but the Guru's have made it clear that the EP is for TS3.
    The development team that is working on future expansion packs for The Sims 3 is having a lot of fun building the new games and brainstorming features, objects, gameplay and more. We’re currently having a great brainstorm around time traveling to the future and back. We’d really love to hear from you and appreciate your input. Here are a few questions and feel free to comment on as many as you’d like. While we can’t promise what will end up in the game, we’re eager to see what you think. Thanks! – SimGuruSnelson

• What does a future Utopia look like in The Sims 3 in your mind? How would you imagine the environment, buildings, and other visual parts of the world to look?
    Thank you all for all of your responses over the past few weeks. The team has enjoyed reading your thoughts on traveling to the future in The Sims 3 and back. We have a few follow up questions that we’d appreciate your input on.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm looking forward to the future expansion and I'd be upset if it turned out it was some weird giant link to sims 4.

It'll probably be full of Easter eggs about it though. :lol:
  • NeyonachiNeyonachi Posts: 180 New Member
    edited May 2013
    What if... I know this is like completely farfetched but what if

Sims 4 and the Futuristic EP are integrated. as in Maybe Sims 4 won't be a stand alone like sims 1 , 2 ( I know this is highly unlikely, since they want new players as well )

But MAYBE :mrgreen:
  • CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think that the Furture Ep may have some sort of hidden trailer for the TS4 maybe? (Or along those lines)

In the makin' magic we got a disc with a Sims 2 trailer on it?

We'll just have to wait and see 8)

:wink:
  • LaPeteLaPete Posts: 27
    edited May 2013
    To me, the Future EP sounds more like a fantasy land theme as opposed to linking with TS4. By fantasy land theme I mean more along the lines of this new Dragonland and the Supernatural EP rather than Ambitions or Seasons.

Kinda like the Jetsons perhaps.
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think that the producers haven't a clue on this EP either lol... I cannot wait to hear more info about it, because ATM I am not too convinced.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't really know much about the Future EP, but from the sticky posts they made, it sounded like they wanted ideas and feedback about gameplay that would impact the future--so I don't see how it could be connected to Sims 4. There's nothing we could do in our gameplay that would influence anything about Sims 4. But again, I know nothing about either the future ep or the Sims 4 (aside from that one paragraph and the picture of the eyes.)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.