Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for Sims 4: Linked Towns and Moving Seamlessly

I know this topic has already been brought up, but I think it needs its own discussion. The topic happens to the sim's town, and how moving to other towns can be improved/added. I plan on going into deep elaboration in the hours to come, and there will be multiple posts, as my ideas come at random times, so stay tuned. Feel free to add your own ideas, and concerns about this topic. Also, if you would like to sign this petition, please indicate your preference below. Basically, so you guess know what you are petitioning for, my idea is for worlds from the Store, EP's and from the Exchange, should be connected, sorta like a large country. This would work because, you could move your Sim's from PleasantView to (town name), but still keep communication with friends and family left behind. This way you can have a legacy fro one family, occuring in different worlds, but still being connected. Also, you could move back or visit the town you had previously lived in. If an EP similar to World Adventures and also Island Paradise is released for TS4, then, this would fit right in with my idea. So please voice your opinions below, and either sign the petition or give reasons as to why you think this wouldn't work!!!! :mrgreen:

1. FlyAce :)
2. SweetieTreats
3. TinaG1947
4. Pepperbutt
5. TinaG1947
6. Zerbu
7. GommeInc
8. bermudapanda
9. jcp011c2

Comments

• Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign me up. Not having this in TS3 is annoying. Although the game is in beta, they still have time to add some features before it goes gold.
  • Options
    Charrrlotta18Charrrlotta18 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited May 2013
    As you said, isn't this essentially what we got with WA?

Would you want the loading screen between the other towns or would you want it to flow and remove the loading screen between say Town A and Town B?

:)
  • Options
    FlyAceFlyAce Posts: 54
    edited May 2013

Would you want the loading screen between the other towns or would you want it to flow and remove the loading screen between say Town A and Town B?

What I mean to say is that you can move to different worlds in-game, without resetting your sims, and so you can have different generations live in different worlds, but to still stay connected with sims in other worlds. I think it should still have a loading screen, it should be practically the same as WA but instead with different worlds, and choosing to live there for indefinite amounts of time.
  • Options
    PepperbuttPepperbutt Posts: 3,201 New Member
    edited May 2013

With WA you can only travel to WA worlds. You can't visit Bridgeport if you live in Appaloosa Plains without a mod. You can't take a vacation to Sunlit Tides or Monte Vista, only to China, Egypt, and France.

+1, I'd love this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Pepperbutt wrote:

With WA you can only travel to WA worlds. You can't visit Bridgeport if you live in Appaloosa Plains without a mod. You can't take a vacation to Sunlit Tides or Monte Vista, only to China, Egypt, and France.

+1, I'd love this.

So is that a yes?
  • Options
    TinaG1947TinaG1947 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign me up! As nice as the different worlds are, I think it sucks to not to be able to just visit or to have to lose everything if you move a sim to another town.
  • Options
    ZerbuZerbu Posts: 3,457 Member
    edited May 2013
    This is a massive feature, so if they haven't already added it, then it's probably too late as it would require a massive overhaul of the system.

I'll sign anyway, but I doubt it'll make a difference.
  • Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see this. It was very useful in The Sims 2 with Bluewater Village and Downtown. Bridgeport would of made a great Downtown area, and Sunset Valley and Riverview could of linked together somehow. After all, the Goths and Newbies were families in the same neighbourhood originally, might as well make them link.

Obviously that's The Sims 3 and nothing can change about that, but there is still hope in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    bermudapandabermudapanda Posts: 12
    edited May 2013
    YES! this is what i have been wanting most forever
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump... anymore signatures
  • Options
    TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    edited May 2013
    Add my name. I want a sim to be able to move from town to town like in real life.
  • Options
    happyscrubhappyscrub Posts: 101
    edited May 2013
    Kind of late trying to petition something when the game is probably already made just needing to be polished.

I guess they been secretly working on this game for the past years or more.
  • Options
    kahrlplayer3kahrlplayer3 Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign me up too!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ava_xDAva_xD Posts: 826 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Sign me up for that! haha
  • Options
    SnootySnooty Posts: 213 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'll sign. I saw it mentioned a few times, but a little more exposure to this idea wouldn't hurt.
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2013
    *signed*

I wish they would add hotels of some sort so that you can temporarily live in a new town, basically vacation there and then go back home.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited May 2013
    bump
  • Options
    EmpressYuuKnowEmpressYuuKnow Posts: 261
    edited May 2013
    Signed. I have been thinking about this forver
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    edited May 2013
    That's a great idea sign me up :D
  • Options
    DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely something I'd like to see.
  • Options
    nnedixnnedix Posts: 94 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Omg this idea is so awesome! Sign me up!
  • Options
    Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited May 2013
    Wow Linked Towns?! That would be sooo awesome! Add me to the list.
  • Options
    YorkieGirl4YorkieGirl4 Posts: 361 Member
    edited May 2013
    The only problem I have with this is how strenuous it would be on computers. Instead of controlling only one town's population, story progression would have to keep up with countless other towns. That's a pretty big job, and I think a lot of computers would struggle to regulate that many Sims.
  • Options
    MusentangoMusentango Posts: 50 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd rather they just take everything that's in The Sims 4, and integrate it into The Sims 3. I don't get why they're coming out with a new series/whatever when TS3 still needs work. That and the fact that many of us have spent well over $100 on EPs and SPs, TS4 feels like a slap in the face.