The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Lock/Delete

Comments

  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    Add my name to the list of signers.
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    enkeli63 wrote:
    Do not go about with hate speech against Americans now!!

    All I will say is that many things are sinful and the bible is quite clear that all human beings are sinful and worthy of destruction, yet by His grace and the sacrifice of His only begotten son, we can be redeemed and are loved by Him. So before you say the bible says, learn what the bible actually says :wink:

    I am a humble, filthy sinner and I am eternally grateful for the price that was paid for me and all others who want to accept it.

    Love and light to you. I hope the conversation can settle down a little and just be rational now 8)

    edit for typing error

    Yes!! At Church we talked about this verse~!!
    'We all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'

    Even me, I'm a christian, and I fail the Lord. But the Lord never fails me.

    The point is for the people criticizing people who do not agree with same sex marriage, should NOT be criticized for what THEY believe in. That is just.... in humane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  • Options
    Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited May 2013
    Even though I don't usually pay attention to pre-mades, I'll sign anyways. I'm all for equal rights for everybody, so it would be really cool to see EA support this :)
  • Options
    Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited May 2013
    They could even make that Aurora Skies couple married in The Sims 4! Haha. :)
    Freedom!
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    enkeli63 wrote:
    Do not go about with hate speech against Americans now!!

    All I will say is that many things are sinful and the bible is quite clear that all human beings are sinful and worthy of destruction, yet by His grace and the sacrifice of His only begotten son, we can be redeemed and are loved by Him. So before you say the bible says, learn what the bible actually says :wink:

    I am a humble, filthy sinner and I am eternally grateful for the price that was paid for me and all others who want to accept it.

    Love and light to you. I hope the conversation can settle down a little and just be rational now 8)

    edit for typing error

    Yes!! At Church we talked about this verse~!!
    'We all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God'

    Even me, I'm a christian, and I fail the Lord. But the Lord never fails me.

    The point is for the people criticizing people who do not agree with same sex marriage, should NOT be criticized for what THEY believe in. That is just.... in humane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    The most inhumane part of all? A lot of people who oppose it bring up religion and use it to criticize the beliefs of those who do support same-sex marriage.

    In the end, religion cannot be divorced from this debate because it has become a central issue to it.
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,310 Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread sure is persistent, isn't it? :lol: 20-something pages later, and I'm glad that this is getting a response. :D
  • Options
    ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    "JESUS, YOU GUYS! I SAID I HATE FIGS!"
    ~God
  • Options
    Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Skelda wrote:
    This thread sure is persistent, isn't it? :lol: 20-something pages later, and I'm glad that this is getting a response. :D

    And 60 signatures! I'm so glad it's getting such a high amount of positive response.
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm not even sure I'm going to get Sims 4 yet, but I certainly would love see a real same sex couple. I appreciate what was attempted in Aurora Skies, but it would be nice to have an already established couple and not have to do it myself.
  • Options
    ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Ah, I probably shouldn't post this, but I can't help myself. This thread has already begun its transformation into a war zone.
    2011simone wrote:
    You just said you "do not support churches in any way " so why do you think churches should support you. That is the point i am getting at. This subject could be about ANYTHING what i am annoyed at is people wanting acceptance when they themselves are not willing to accept others!!
    I meant I do not support churches that are against homosexuality which is the majority isn't it? I have no problem with anyone being Religious, as it is their right. But the only reason people are even against homosexuality now is because of Religion, so it would be hypocritical of me to support them when they would like to see my kind dead.

    I would rather be this kind of hypocrite.

    The only reason people are against homosexuality is because of religion? Religion is the vast majority of the reason, but you can't forget the fact that as the popularity of homosexuality increases, the likelihood of the extinction of the human race also increases.

    If you say you have no religious beliefs, (which you have already said) then our only purpose on this earth is to produce offsprings. Homosexuality is entirely illogical and unproductive if you believe there is no Infinite Being above all of us.
    Jess1281 wrote:
    I'm straight, I'm signing it, and here's mud in the eyes of all the left wing bible thumpers that say it is wrong/sinful or a disease.

    If God makes everyone the way they are meant to be, and that means God made gays, exactly how they were meant to be too. Wrap those religious hypocritical brains around that!

    If what you say is true, God makes everyone how they are meant to be, then you are also saying that murderers and ******* are also made to be that way.

    If you believe homosexuality is not wrong, then what makes the act of ****** someone wrong?


    Woah. You're a special kind of stupid.
    Get off the internet. You're only embarrassing yourself.
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I made this thread so that people that are against a same sex pre-made couple can sing their own petition.

    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/676827.page#10770464


    That way the people who don't support a same sex couple being a pre-made can take their 'snarky comments' elsewhere. I expect that people that are pro same sex pre-made couple in The Sims 4 can have the same level of respect.


    Note* I personally don't care as long as the Sims keep a mutable sexuality in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I made this thread to keep your thread clean of the stuff people were posting in it.

    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/0/676827.page#10770503

    I personally don't care one way or another as long as The Sims 4 keeps the Sims sexuality mutable.

    Good luck with getting you pre-made.

    Signed.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed. I agree with it all: pre-made same sex couples, the option to set your gender preference, and more pre-made interracial couples.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    double post.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    There are reasons why EA doesn't put Pre-Made same sex couple sims in The Sims..
    People will cause an uproar and complain about it can eventually get boycotted.

    This thread bellow is already complaining... :?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/676827.page
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hey! ::glares at Cali_Pier92:: Where's my name on that list? :hunf: :lol::wink:

    Seriously, I was sure I signed...didn't I? Oh well, if I didn't I am now.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    There are reasons why EA doesn't put Pre-Made same sex couple sims in The Sims..
    People will cause an uproar and complain about it can eventually get the game boycotted.

    This thread bellow is already complaining... :?
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/676827.page
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    Not reading the rest of this but... definitely consider me signed.
  • Options
    Poodlestyle33Poodlestyle33 Posts: 726 New Member
    edited May 2013
    For anyone just tuning in, don't be afraid.

    He's gotten a large amount of signatures in one day. The response seems to have a majority supporting this, by a surprising amount I might add. You do not have to reply to any negative comments, as of course with most things, there are a few of those. Doesn't mean people did not oppose alot of previous things they added in to the game. <3
  • Options
    simicapsimicap Posts: 85 Member
    edited May 2013
    bump
  • Options
    KIreimikoKIreimiko Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    /Signed

    I'm not getting my hopes up for this but it'd be sweet if they did include a pre-made same-sex couple in the game. :D
  • Options
    ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    You, my dear, have earned a free bump!(: <3
  • Options
    JabuJabuleJabuJabule Posts: 128
    edited May 2013
    Of course, sign me up! :)
  • Options
    KawaiidulceKawaiidulce Posts: 716 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I put this in the other thread, but PERSONALLY I don't think we should have a Pre-Made gay couple in the >base game< world only. People will not buy it based on their beliefs because, ya know, people are crazy. I do think EA should have a controller though, that allows us to decide a percentage chance that an undecided Sim becomes gay or bisexual, like with NRAAS story progression. I still sign this petition, however, because it would be nice to see at least one premade gay couple in an expansion pack, Store World or something else.
  • Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just kind of thought of something. They actually could not make that Aurora Skies couple an actual couple because that would enable all same-sex romantic interactions in that town. And since they are catering to people who want there to only be opposite-sex couples, that would change the whole system they have in place for The Sims 3. They want there to be only opposite-sex romantic interactions unless someone enables same-sex ones. So they did the best they could.

    With that said, I am not approving of their actions. They could have been crystal clear that these two were a romantic couple, like the descriptions given for other couples. That would then "officially" make them in favor of equality though.
    Again, I would like to see a new system.

    It all makes sense now. I agree 100%. If I ever get AuroraSkies, those two are going to become a couple. Also, I was planning on suggesting something like this. But I have been so busy. Anyways, I sign.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top