Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition To NOT Have A Same Sex Pre-Made Couple In The Sims 4

I am writing this in response to this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/676473.page

There are several decent reason players of the game do not want a same sex couple in their game. From perusing the thread I linked I will list some that I found.

1. It goes against their Religious beliefs.

2. People want to have the option to play a straight game in The Sims 4.

3. This game is rated T for teen. So children are playing this game and politicizing the game by included a gay pre-made couple upsets them. I am of the opinion that children should focus on being children.

4. The Sims has always been a family friendly game and that vibe needs to continue in its next iteration.

5. People want the option to play with the Sims in their game sexuality as they choose to.

6. It's a fantasy world, not reality. Let's be honest The Sims 3 is pretty accepting of gays to begin with.

7. The population will be killed off (I don't get this one, whatever).

Now I don't really care one way or another on this issue, as long as The Sims keep their delightfully mutable sexuality and sexuality doesn't become actually fixed in The Sims 4.

Oh and if anyone who is pro same sex pre-made couple please no snarky comments on this thread.

Thanks and Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    No "snarky" comments? How about no bigotry? Also, this game is rated Teen. Teenagers know gay people exist. It's not the end of the world if they see a gay couple in real life OR in The Sims. You are on the wrong side of history. Get over it.
  • Options
    ShelbieeSavageShelbieeSavage Posts: 334 New Member
    edited May 2013
    No snarky comments? But it's totally ok to have snarky comments on the other one, right?

And I'm sorry, but what's not "family friendly" about gay people? WE'RE EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOU!
    OUR LOVE IS NOT VILE! IT'S NOT DISGUSTING! WHEN WE SAY "I LOVE YOU" IT'S THE SAME AS YOU SAYING IT TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE! WE ARE NOT INVALID AS HUMAN BEINGS!

TAKE YOUR BIBLE AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT! I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON IT AND GO STRAIGHT TO HELL YOU BIGOTED A**HOLE!

GROW UP AND GET OVER YOURSELF.
  • Options
    lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited May 2013
    This thread goes against my religious beliefs and there is already another thread with this same subject.

To be honest. Religious beliefs, Political affiliations and other preferences should not be on this site. This will never end well and everyone should agree to disagree. It's none of of our business and if EA wants to add progressive families to their game they can.

It will probably never happen because of threads like these. Too many people will boycott the game and then it'll get media coverage and pulled from the shelves in some stores.
  • Options
    thesims3boythesims3boy Posts: 18,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    These kinds of threads are exactly why EA doesn't put them in, and people get upset.

It's because no one will sit down and be quiet about what they DON'T have and won't pay attention to what they DO have to make what they don't have possible.

I could care less if gay couples aren't in TS4. I can go right into CAS and make them myself.
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Did you two miss the part where I said I don't care one way or another?

I actually posted this to keep d00d's thread cleaner and free of the b*s* that people were posting on it.

How about no bigotry?

People saying they don't want a pre-made same sex couple is not bigotry.

TAKE YOUR BIBLE AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT! I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON IT AND GO STRAIGHT TO HELL YOU BIGOTED A**HOLE!

I am not a Christian. I went through the thread and pulled some of the responses by people that didn't support it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No snarky comments? But it's totally ok to have snarky comments on the other one, right?

And I'm sorry, but what's not "family friendly" about gay people? WE'RE EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOU!
    OUR LOVE IS NOT VILE! IT'S NOT DISGUSTING! WHEN WE SAY "I LOVE YOU" IT'S THE SAME AS YOU SAYING IT TO SOMEONE YOU LOVE! WE ARE NOT INVALID AS HUMAN BEINGS!

Whoa! Watch your mouth!! It's obvious you haven't been here long with the language you're using! Reported.

Should be ashamed of yourself.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I actually posted this to keep d00d's thread cleaner and free of the b*s* that people were posting on it.

How about no bigotry?

I am not a Christian. I went through the thread and pulled some of the responses by people that didn't support it.

If you don't care one way or another, why did you even make this?
    Just wanted to jump on the petition bandwagon, didn't ya?
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Whoa! Watch your mouth!! It's obvious you haven't been here long with the language you're using! Reported.

Ashamed of myself? It's a teen rated game. I think teens know what that language is. Most TEENS use language that would make a sailor blush.
  • Options
    xrainbowbarfxxrainbowbarfx Posts: 21
    edited May 2013
    How about we just play the Sims. There are way more important matters to attend too. You know, equal rights?

There are several decent reason players of the game do not want a same sex couple in their game. From perusing the thread I linked I will list some that I found.

3. This game is rated T for teen. So children are playing this game and politicizing the game by included a gay pre-made couple upsets them. I am of the opinion that children should focus on being children.

4. The Sims has always been a family friendly game and that vibe needs to continue in its next iteration.

5. People want the option to play with the Sims in their game sexuality as they choose to.

6. It's a fantasy world, not reality. Let's be honest The Sims 3 is pretty accepting of gays to begin with.

Now I don't really care one way or another on this issue, as long as The Sims keep their delightfully mutable sexuality and sexuality doesn't become actually fixed in The Sims 4.

Oh and if anyone who is pro same sex pre-made couple please no snarky comments on this thread.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    How about we just play the Sims. There are way more important matters to attend too. You know, equal rights?

Preach!
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013

Ashamed of myself? It's a teen rated game. I think teens know what that language is. Most TEENS use language that would make a sailor blush.

It doesn't matter if teens know the language or not. You are on EA's private site and it's a good idea to follow their rules.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm a teen, and I cuss. But not on the forums where doing so will get you banned. Especially when the words you used were to verbally attack another user. So yes, you should be ashamed of yourself, kid. Learn the rules. You've broken at least two in that single post.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/410411.page
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm a teen, and I cuss. But not on the forums where doing so will get you banned. Learn the rules. You've broken at least two in that single post.

Know what? I'd rather be banned than see this go on.

GO AHEAD, EA. BAN ME.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

I'm a teen, and I cuss. But not on the forums where doing so will get you banned. Learn the rules. You've broken at least two in that single post.

Know what? I'd rather be banned than see this go on.

GO AHEAD, EA. BAN ME.
    Lol, bye!

Anyways, back on topic. :roll:
  • Options
    LilySanchezLilySanchez Posts: 65 New Member
    edited May 2013

Are you having that much trouble paying attention?

Okay, I'll break it down for you. The guy trying to get a petition signed has a thread full of a pro/anti gay argument when it's just a petition, he wasn't looking for a debate. He was simply asking for something he wanted in the game.

So I decided to do a break off thread so that the people that didn't want a same sex pre-made character could come here and discuss that instead of derailing his thread further. I went through his thread and pulled some of the arguments I saw against same sex pre-mades.

Why are you taking it personally? Why would anyone take it personally? I signed his petition (I think the site was giving me some trouble).
  • Options
    nesgirlnesgirl Posts: 127 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I typically remain neutral with politics in multimedia and video gaming, and I NEVER don't get involved with RELIGION in multimedia and video gaming (it is actually against the rules in a class to mention religion or put it in art).
    And you know what I find. The world is a much better place when you follow those simple steps.

So therefore I am not going to agree with this thread or the other thread. I am just going to be surprised when the game comes out.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    No "snarky" comments? How about no bigotry? Also, this game is rated Teen. Teenagers know gay people exist. It's not the end of the world if they see a gay couple in real life OR in The Sims. You are on the wrong side of history. Get over it.

^^ This is the reason why EA doesn't make Gay couples exist in The Sims ^^
    This subject alone along with religion is one of the sensitive topics that EA doesn't look around. People have their own opinion and most of them cause an uproar... :shock:
  • Options
    edited May 2013

How about no bigotry?

Actually, yes it is.

big·ot
    [big-uht] Show IPA
    noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

If you or anyone else is so intolerant of another's beliefs (say, the belief that there is nothing wrong with being gay or believing that love is perfectly legitimate and equal between both gays and straights) that you can't bear to see them represented in a game, yeah, that's bigotry. In a big way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:

How about no bigotry?

Actually, yes it is.

big·ot
    [big-uht] Show IPA
    noun
    a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

If you or anyone else is so intolerant of another's beliefs (say, the belief that there is nothing wrong with being gay or believing that love is perfectly legitimate and equal between both gays and straights) that you can't bear to see them represented in a game, yeah, that's bigotry. In a big way.

THANK YOU! <3
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Are you having that much trouble paying attention?

Okay, I'll break it down for you. The guy trying to get a petition signed has a thread full of a pro/anti gay argument when it's just a petition, he wasn't looking for a debate. He was simply asking for something he wanted in the game.

So I decided to do a break off thread so that the people that didn't want a same sex pre-made character could come here and discuss that instead of derailing his thread further. I went through his thread and pulled some of the arguments I saw against same sex pre-mades.

Why are you taking it personally? Why would anyone take it personally? I signed his petition (I think the site was giving me some trouble).

Seriously, this is your defense? If that was really your intent it was REALLY poorly done and not at all accomplished. What you in fact DID was start a petition AGAINST same sex couples in game. Gosh, I can't imagine how anyone could have possibly misinterpreted your intent. /sarcasm :roll:
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited May 2013

Personally, I don't care if a person is gay/straight/polka-dotted/half-horse/whatever. All people are people. If it would make people happy to have a gay/lesbian premade couple, let them have it.

See, this is why I love the sims games. Sims don't care what other sims do for the most part. As long as you aren't messing with their love interests or cheating on their friends, they don't care if you are pink with bright blue hair and gay. You're still okay in their book.

I just think we should all respect one another and see that many different people play this game and everyone plays the way they want to. More options to make the game more inclusive never hurt anyone.

It's just a game. I don't condone thieves or cheaters in real life, but I wouldn't ask for those options to be taken away from the game just to suit my choices.
  • Options
    Longcat123Longcat123 Posts: 1,447 Member
    edited May 2013

Okay waaaait a second, there are a few things here that don't make sense.

"This game is rated T for teen." If it's rated T for teen then why should it matter if it could potentially upset kids? They shouldn't be playing it in the first place, and if something like that can upset them they should be playing a game more suited for children.

"The Sims has always been a family friendly game" Same thing as above. The sims is a life/family simulator. That doesn't make it family friendly. If were rated E, then it would be family friendly.

"It's a fantasy world, not reality." Not really sure what point this is making against having a pre-made same sex couple. If it's a fantasy world, shouldn't anything go? Why is having a same-sex couple a "reality" thing?

"The population will be killed off" That's like saying somebody who racist will kill off all the races they don't like in the game. This could happen with anything, EA can't really do anything about this.

Everything else you said was a valid point, and I understand that you were just collecting points that other people made, not your point of view. I was directing this at the people who made these points. I just really can't understand some of the points these people made. At all :? I appreciate that you're trying to represent another point of view though, so good luck with your poll, you just might want to remove a few of these points :)

• Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't want premade gay sims in my game, just because I like to have some ambiguity regarding sexuality for all my sims. As far as I'm concerned, they are all bi.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    tumblr_lmesfcSDN61qafrh6_zps968e9123.gif

Your actions do not match your intentions. A debate was inevitable with this topic. If you really didn't care, you should have just left well enough alone instead of creating a thread that will cause actual fights, trolling and flaming.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    simicapsimicap Posts: 85 Member
    edited May 2013
    The debates going on in the other threads were actually fun civilized debates no one was really fighting, aside from a few truly rude comments not one was having a problem.
    Except you and I personally think this sounds like you're hiding behind the "I really don't care one way or the other argument" when you really do. Because why else would you post a thread like this you can express your opinion in the other thread no one is stopping you from doing so you create this thread bring others down and that is wrong very very wrong. You sound prejudiced and hateful get over it.

There are things in the Sims games that are against my religion and moral beliefs I don't play with them I don't try to take them away from either simmers or bash them when they request them either. The reason were requesting and for Sims four as we hope that will work on a new engine that won't prompt it to make a bunch of same-sex couples just because you have one and they can always delete it if they really want to.