March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The IP forum is dead now :(

I think it's cool to hear that a sims 4 is coming out but why couldn't the have announced it later? They could of had a hidden sims 4 trailer in the future themed ep (it actually would of made sense right?)

Now nobody cares about Island Paradise it seems anyway, this ep looks like it's going to be my favourite but now everyone's hyped up about the sims 4 :(

What happened to the live broadcast we were promised? Even some more screenshots maybe?

:cry:

Comments

• Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2013
    Nah, I'm still pumped for IP :mrgreen::mrgreen: I think it's gonna be the best expansion yet :D But one of the Guru's said that the next broadcast will be soon so hopefully that means soon :?
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think it’s only dead because there’s been no new IP information for ages?

I come most days, find nothing new and leave again. Would stay and post if there was anything to post about!
  • Allct222Allct222 Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2013
    Claire17 wrote:

I come most days, find nothing new and leave again. Would stay and post if there was anything to post about!

Thats me too, checking in daily to find nothing new on the forums, I really wish they would post new pictures, give us something new, the forum has been pretty dead for the last 2 weeks, I also wish Sims 4 had been announced later, but I am not really excited about it, I am so hyped for IP, I just cannot wait! I have just spent 4 years collecting expansion packs, stuff packs, store items, i plan to play Sims 3 for quite a long time!
  • CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Claire17 wrote:

That is true, well hopefully when more info is released the forum will be flourishing with discussion :)
  • popkidspopkids Posts: 33 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Allct222 wrote:
    Claire17 wrote:

Thats me too, checking in daily to find nothing new on the forums, I really wish they would post new pictures, give us something new, the forum has been pretty dead for the last 2 weeks, I also wish Sims 4 had been announced later, but I am not really excited about it, I am so hyped for IP, I just cannot wait! I have just spent 4 years collecting expansion packs, stuff packs, store items, i plan to play Sims 3 for quite a long time!

Agreed we need new information to get more people into this EP
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'm still looking forward to IP -- I've been busy getting my first Sim ready to open a resort on Sunlit Tides (reserving one of the two big lots for it). He's got plenty of money now from his collecting, though a bit less in cash since he moved to The Beach House so he'd have enough room for his family; married him off to Lizzie Mund from University. Been thinking of sending him abroad to do some more collecting and maybe pick up some relics he can use to decorate the resort.

I'm also looking forward to Dragon Valley...and I hope the new picture in the background on these pages is from that. 8)

I'm totally on the fence about Sims 4 -- the fact that it's not an online thing like SimCity is encouraging, but I really want a Mac native version because of all the bad experiences I had playing on Mac before I set up a Windows partition via Boot Camp and started playing the game on there. Night and day difference. Cider emulator might work for some games, but obviously not for Sims. In any case, I might wait a year or two before jumping in.

Likely the lack of recent information has a lot to do with the liveliness of the forum -- if they'd tell us a few more things (I'd like to know about the treasure hunting -- will it be like WA where once you find a treasure that's it, or will there be a way for treasures to re-spawn like the gem and metal spawners on land?) that would help.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am eager to get my hands on IP. I have been since it was first announced, and I've been following everything. But I don't talk about it a whole lot, because there isn't much to say. We haven't seen a great many pics, and they have been very stingy with answers to our many questions.

I'm also following the news about Dragon Valley. With the twenty or so pictures now out, showing a really special new world, it is very exciting. So I have been talking about that.

But I have more questions than answers about IP. We don't know when the next LBC will be. We don't know anything about mermaids, yet. We don't know if other worlds will have dive spots, or if it is just in IP that sims can dive. We have been told there will be a way to place lots right on the water, but we don't know if that is just in IP. It is hard to get excited, when everything is still up in the air.

I would advise the expansion team to give out some info, so we have something to look forward to, while we wait for more than a month (almost two) before the expansion is released.

In the meantime, I'll be excited for DV, which is being released May 30. Hopefully, by then, new IP info will have me excited for IP.

As far as Sims 4: Meh. It's a year away, and then it will just be a base game with a bunch of parks, in one world. Dress the best you can with limited clothes and hair. Have a romance, get married, go to parks and maybe fish. Raise some kids. Climb in a career. In a bare house with hardly any art, plants, or clutter. Meh.
  • JackBrevesJackBreves Posts: 511
    edited May 2013
    This forum is dead because everyone wants to talk about mermaids, and I adamantly refuse to join anymore topics. That's about it, really.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    I know. It is because of Sims 4 and there are nothing new information being revealed yet, except some ideas/questions/suggestions from people. However, there will be a video this Thursday and also event this month where some people will attend. :)
  • AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    JackBreves wrote:
    This forum is dead because everyone wants to talk about mermaids, and I adamantly refuse to join anymore topics. That's about it, really.
    I was totally going to say something like this ^
    That's the reason why I stopped looking at the forums or went to a different section :D
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Also the release date is way too long, that what happens if they annouced it too early. A foolish mistake, they have made.What ever happened to supirse anouncement, man this wating game is starting to annoy the bleep out me.

BLEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x
  • Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited May 2013
    In four more days, we'll have the producer walkthrough, complete with all kinds of crazy tidbits, including, but not limited to mermaids.

At the moment, there really isn't anything else to discuss other than the mermaids. People who are complaining that there's only mermaid threads are in my opinion ridiculous. If you don't like the current threads, make your own and discuss something else beyond the subject of the life state.
  • SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    Alizatina wrote:
    JackBreves wrote:
    I was totally going to say something like this ^
    That's the reason why I stopped looking at the forums or went to a different section :D

I don't think that's the reason :D .

I think the forum is dead because there is no new info for IP. It should be alive again after the producer's walkthrough.
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    I cannot wait for IP, only 3 days left for the producer walkthrough video! :D