March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4...

Are you guys planning on waiting until a few expansions in to buy TS4, or are you planning on diving right in on release?

Just wondering. I'm still undecided - slightly worried about how empty it will feel compared to TS3 for a long while...

Comments

• mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited May 2013
    I think I'll wait and see :D
  • AyemeeAyemee Posts: 957 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe the Sims 4 is already here to be honest. Feels like only yesterday The Sims 3 was released. I don't really know how far the Sims 4 can go compared to what we already have. But y'know. We could be surprised.
  • StephenTMStephenTM Posts: 908 Member
    edited May 2013
    Jumping right in!
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2013
    I will this go around. Need to see what is needed and I am not going to be happy with just a bare bones game.

I am happy playing Sims 3 for a while. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Tom1345Tom1345 Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    Good idea. I remember with TS3 I waited until about a month before Ambitions came out before buying.

Knowing me I'll probably cave in and buy it near release... Postponing is just delaying the inevitable :lol:
  • Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am downloading at midnight on release date! :mrgreen:
  • monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I want to say I will wait, but I will be too curious and buy it straight away! :D

• AyemeeAyemee Posts: 957 New Member
    edited May 2013
    The only thing that will make me want to play the Sims 4 straight away is if the graphics are awesome. I'm a bit shallow with games when it boils down to graphics.
  • hypermedicationhypermedication Posts: 159 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I will have to hear more info about it to decide if and when I will buy it...

I have to say that I am kinda interested to see what they are gonna do to truly make this something new besides update the graphics. I think I am more disappointed than anything though, because I thought TS3 could have been so much more.

Looking back at my Sims experience now, knowing that the Sims 3 is ending, I have to say that I thought The Sims 2 was better. You didn't have as many options, but I felt there was more originality to each expansion than in TS3 (but I never played the original Sims so I can’t compare 2 to 1). With ever expansion of TS3 I always had that “They should have done this”, “It would be cool to see this” or the simple “Why the freak wasn't this in the last expansion that was basically the same thing :evil: “. There is nothing I can do about that though…

Anyways, I am not gonna completely say that I will not buy it (as more info is released I may change my thoughts), but I will probably not buy anything else for TS3, I don’t see the point, because after the CC starts rolling for TS4, TS3 will most likely fade into the background *sigh* and I was just getting to know you…
  • ashleybrooooksashleybrooooks Posts: 59 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to convince myself that I'd be able to wait until at least the first xpac to buy it...but let's be honest...Not happening. I'm sure I'll be up all night waiting to download upon release.

The Sims addiction runs deep. :mrgreen:
  • DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited May 2013
    We'll see.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• KSpencerKSpencer Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to say that I will wait and get things on sale, etc. But more than likely I will pre-order, pay full price, & and get it on release day. I'm such a sucker for sims! :oops:
  • AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited May 2013
    First I want to say that I am very happy the franchise will live on.

But, I'm going to do my best to wait a while before buying s4. This will be hard for me because I like being a part the community, but moving on too fast definitely has its drawbacks and something that I regretted when I moved from s2 to s3.

1. My computer barely plays s3, so I know it will not play s4. Plus I don't want to pay full price for the game, or waste the all the money I invested in the s3 store.
    2. I like a game with a lot of depth, and this means I will be very frustrated with it until some good eps come out. Not to mention CC, and we just recently got custom animations going.
    3. Because I play mostly historic or magical neighborhoods, I will not buy it until there's enough historical stuff out that I can do this comfortably.

With that said, I am estatic about the new game, and I hope that they will make up for the mistakes they made with 3. I want to see realistic looking sims this time around, I want see them walking around not running.

And, bring back music folders, I want to be able to play my own music on all the stations. I want to be able to put my metal in the metal folder, my pop in the pop folder, etc.

Don't forget the hottubs. 8)
  • wonderwahinewonderwahine Posts: 68 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I am downloading at midnight on release date! :mrgreen:

Same here. I can't wait! :):):) Hopefully it will be easier to build your own worlds for the unskilled like me. I'll actually probably play both if TS4 feels empty compared to what we have now, but I'll still love checking out the new features. I'm excited to see the new features and learn what new stuff our sims will be able to do!
  • CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I love TS3 so much and I feel like I've still got so much more to do with it but I'm excited to see what TS4 will be like, I will more than likely buy the base game when it comes out but anything after that we'll have to see.

I'm really curious as to how they're going to make TS4 different apart from the graphics?

I hope that in TS4 pets and seasons will be included in the base game or at LEAST seasons. Maybe less rabbit holes or none?
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am continuing to play Sims 3 and can't wait for I.P., can't say about Time Travel until Sims 4 gets here!
  • MrPhilaminaBMrPhilaminaB Posts: 23
    edited May 2013
    Dying for it! Sims 2 to Sims 3 was a reluctant and different transition for me, and I was quite bitter about it for some time. But I'm actually looking forward to Sims 4! :)
  • FrogzFrogz Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2013
    UGH. As a sims addict, I can say I will definitely look into Sims4, but I feel cheated. Sims 3 didn't add much that you couldn't find in earlier games. My hope is that Sims4 puts out a great base game (starts with weather at the very least), an expansive world (more than one lot/family/town), and a surprise factor much greater than the difference between Sims2 to Sims3. OH, and it better run well on my computer. I'm sick of this whole crashing thing (not to mention thousands of bugs). I have a very nice computer and if my computer gets just a little hot BAM the game is lost. :roll:
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'll even pre-order it if there's a bonus. Otherwise, I'll wait until I get store credit from somewhere or a discount.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well, at least it won't be an online requirement. So that obstacle is out of the way. Now, what about those Sims?

I need to wait and see what they look like. If they look anything like those flash looking sims we've seen, then I don't think so. At least not until there is custom default replacement skins and eyes available. Otherwise, I'll just keep playing the Sims 2 and sometimes, like I do now, the sims 3.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8