Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help - Custom Content causing baby glitch

Comments

• amy89008189amy89008189 Posts: 720
    edited January 2013
    Taylor Swift Love Story tee
    Moogle Tee
    Miffy Tee
  • WernardoWernardo Posts: 824 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I had this problem but I fixed it!

In my game launcher I clicked the installed content tab, then sims. I searched through everything and found a weird, really ugly minotaur body that I never downloaded, but it was there. I just deleted that and now my babies are babies again!!

I don't know if you have this minotaur body though! Have a look
  • Amelia123456wAmelia123456w Posts: 7
    edited January 2013
    i have the same problem and were is the hello kitty pjs id like to know my friend has them and she has the exact same glitch but she wont admit it
  • CaOcSimCaOcSim Posts: 715 Member
    edited January 2013
    Mod the sim has some program to remove conflicted cc,I don't remember which one.

http://www.modthesims.info/browse.php?f=139
    edited January 2013
    BTW The Vampire girl is the same top in CAS as the base game blue layered top for maternity. They look like Base Game Tops but with the CC star on the right corner. Same for the Taylor Swift Tee.
  • kateryna1100kateryna1100 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Can anyone tell me the list of clothing glitches because I seem to have couple of them and I don't know their name to uninstall them.
  • JammyDodger481JammyDodger481 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    I had this issue too, but I didn't have to delete anything to make it work better. I just did the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, shift+click the child and edited her in the sim editing board. While in there I changed her clothes until she was wearing only what was in the outfit board, and also had to remove the knee-high heeled boots. It worked and took the bug away for me, same for when she's a child.
  • ewstaleyewstaley Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2013
    This is what I did to get rid of ALL my bad CC: Credits go to crinrict, copied and pasted from his site

How to get rid of Bad CC thread

Sims3Pack
    If uninstalling an item from the Launcher does remove the CC from your game. Unfortunatly the launcher doens't seem to be able to display all CC if you have a lot of it so that's why sometimes you can't seem to find stuff.

Everything installed in your Launcher can be found in the files in the folder DCCache. There are three types of files in there:
    *.ebc: All Store Items
    *.dbc: All third party Items
    missingdeps.idx: Some cache file that gets recreated when deleted

First you can try this method by Mell
    1.Make a backup of your DCCache folder (if anything doesn't go as expected)
    2.Move all files *.dbc to your desktop
    3.Move dcdb0.dbc back to your DCCache folder
    4.Start the Launcher
    5.Go to Installed Content and uninstall everything you don't want anymore
    6.Close the Launcher
    7.Remove the dcdb0.dbc file from the DCCache and store it in a safe place.
    8.Move the dcdb1.dbc in the DCCache and rename it to dcdb0.dbc.
    9.Start the launcher and proceed with step 5 and 6 again.
    10.Rename dcdb0.dbc back to dcdb1.dbc and store it also at that safe place

Do this for every DBC file in the DCCache Folder. Make sure to rename the files to their original name.
    Once your done, move the cleaned files back to your DCCache folder and you're done.

You can then try deleting the missingdeps.idx if that does not work, you will need to remove all files *.dbc. Move the files to your desktop (don't delete). This will remove everything except Store Items, Houses/Households and Sims. Check your game if the CC is now gone.

This method worked for me, I got rid of naked top and bottom, alldayboots, horsebody, vampire t-shirt, shymoo outfit and the layered t-shirt which I believe the name has something to do with 'Taylor Swift and Love Story' so look for that!

This was absolutely helpful!!! Worked the very first round! I had some knee high boots in my game that were being warn by men, babies and toddlers. It drove me nuts and I could never find them in my launcher! By the way, the file was called Gosik High Heel Boots version 1 & Gosik High Heel Boots version 2; should anyone have the same issue.
  • JazmlneNFL4JazmlneNFL4 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    whoever is reading this can u tell me wat does cas mean cuz idk but im tryin to fix the giltch in my game but my baby that my sim gave birth 2 it was giltchin then when i got rid of this horse lookin body and then i went back on my game and my baby was invisable :( idk how that happen so some1 tell me how to get rid of it just send me a message on my profile then ill delete it then i will be happy without giltchs in my game :D
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2013
    Don't forget about the Sims that you've saved to your Sim Bin. I had a bad piece of CC that I couldn't seem to locate. It turned out that it had attached itself to a Sim in my Bin. Once I cleared out my bin, the bad CC was gone.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Emelyyx3Emelyyx3 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2013
    daniiixoxo wrote:
    I have the same layered shirt problem ! And the Metalic Shirt isn't in my launcher. And I can not.. for the life of me find a custom content folder in my Sims 3 folder.

me either i found that very strange
    can somebody please help?
  • Chelso299Chelso299 Posts: 1
    edited January 2013
    Hey I am having the exact say problem my glitched piece of clothing is a blue layered shirt which deforms my toddlers and children, can someone please tell me the name of the glitched file or the file code
  • SavanaBrooklynSavanaBrooklyn Posts: 4
    edited February 2013
    What is the long sleeve doing? Is it deforming sims ? Babies? Maybe i can help you find it Let me know.
    Can you help me i have this long sleeve vampire/Gothic tshirt with some tshirts i already have i dont know what the file is called so i cant uninstall it and it is deforming me baby into a long stick like thing and my baby into a monster with long fingers there is others but thats the main one! :?:
    edited February 2013
    Emelyyx3 wrote:
    daniiixoxo wrote:
    I have the same layered shirt problem ! And the Metalic Shirt isn't in my launcher. And I can not.. for the life of me find a custom content folder in my Sims 3 folder.

me either i found that very strange
    can somebody please help?
    not the only ones...
    edited February 2013
    Go in installed content and you can see the items by them self
    edited February 2013
    pippadawnx Go thro your launcher and remove any Shymoo, Fancy shirts "has a black cat icon" The vampire looking girl called New Cas project, Ninja Shoes, Ivory Chucks, Horse Body, Im sure theres more but those are big ones that cause that big time. And then when you download anything that is CC I suggest Cleaning it using Custurd and such. Then I also suggest Install the new things then when finished go to Installed content and look thro the top stuff and get rid of crap you didnt want or know is bad cc

http://crinrict.blogspot.com/2010/07/bad-cc-kategorisiert-fur.html

The VAMPIRE one looks like this in Launcher
    New+CAS+Project.png

One of the most fulfilling things I've ever done is finding this shirt and getting rid of it.
    THANKYOU!!!you have helped me so much!1:)
  • em1415em1415 Posts: 20
    edited February 2013
    Britnana wrote:
    Hi! Go here, it helped me alot. Game runs alot more smoothly now. Happy simming! :)

http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html

omg!!! that website has saved my sims i didn't know i had tons of bad cc
    tyvvvvvvvvvvvm :D the UM converse all stars was a surprise to me
    BTW i downloaded some cc and when i go naked i wear grim reaper clothes it wasn't listed but its still bad cc has anyone else had the grim reaper glitch?
  • StayGoldxOStayGoldxO Posts: 437 Member
    edited February 2013
    honey2899 wrote:
    I found the same thing happen to me i actually had delete all ofmy cc but once i actually found it i also have boots like knee high hoocker boots that are on my babies and toddlers. once i tried to play it without cc and the baby disappeared

Those boots were my problem too :/
  • WillowsWhisperWillowsWhisper Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Hello
    I have been having this problem too and have been perusing all yha forums. These steps should fix the game...
    1. Load up the launcher and access installed content.
    2. Make sure you are looking at ALL content (many of the cc does not save under sims!)
    3. Look through each item for the following (this won't take as long as you may think, I promise!)
    Does the item have an image? - if you can't see it don't keep it!
    Does it have anything written in "type"? - if it blank it means that there is no clear file location and these need to go too!
    Does the image match the description and/or type name? - if it doesn't match then it is likely it is dodgy so in the bin they go too!
    E.g. You have downloaded nails but the image is a face or the type says top. All cc will match to the categories they meet. Most of the time it is common sense. The only exception is dummies (which are usually under as gloves) and nails will be under as gloves or accessories.
    New cas project/Nkd - anything with this name is bugged and has to go! The Nkd means it was taken from a naked skin which does severely affect game play.
    I am 100% certain that I did not download scary vampire woman and when searching under downloaded sims she was not there. However, when searching in ALL I soon saw her scary face as new cas project! Along with the vampire t-shirt, there is actually just a blurry image that looks like Sims2 eyeshadow, which is why all the above steps are important.

The good thing about the launcher is that you can tick the boxes on the left hand side to select multiple items. Patiently go through one by one following the above limitations. If there is anything I may have missed or something just looks a little dodgy to you then don't risk it and just delete. Uninstall all at the same time and I can guarantee you the bugs will be fix.

I just this second ran my game and the bugged clothes amended themselves and I can see my babies!

I really hope this can help out a few people and save them a lot of negative gameplay!

P.S. If you just want to be lazy/quick fix and get on gaming right away, there is a box in Installed Content that you can tick which says "run game without cc" ;)
  • SammyCat1412SammyCat1412 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Hello
    I have been having this problem too and have been perusing all yha forums. These steps should fix the game...
    1. Load up the launcher and access installed content.
    2. Make sure you are looking at ALL content (many of the cc does not save under sims!)
    3. Look through each item for the following (this won't take as long as you may think, I promise!)
    Does the item have an image? - if you can't see it don't keep it!
    Does it have anything written in "type"? - if it blank it means that there is no clear file location and these need to go too!
    Does the image match the description and/or type name? - if it doesn't match then it is likely it is dodgy so in the bin they go too!
    E.g. You have downloaded nails but the image is a face or the type says top. All cc will match to the categories they meet. Most of the time it is common sense. The only exception is dummies (which are usually under as gloves) and nails will be under as gloves or accessories.
    New cas project/Nkd - anything with this name is bugged and has to go! The Nkd means it was taken from a naked skin which does severely affect game play.
    I am 100% certain that I did not download scary vampire woman and when searching under downloaded sims she was not there. However, when searching in ALL I soon saw her scary face as new cas project! Along with the vampire t-shirt, there is actually just a blurry image that looks like Sims2 eyeshadow, which is why all the above steps are important.

The good thing about the launcher is that you can tick the boxes on the left hand side to select multiple items. Patiently go through one by one following the above limitations. If there is anything I may have missed or something just looks a little dodgy to you then don't risk it and just delete. Uninstall all at the same time and I can guarantee you the bugs will be fix.

I just this second ran my game and the bugged clothes amended themselves and I can see my babies!

I really hope this can help out a few people and save them a lot of negative gameplay!

P.S. If you just want to be lazy/quick fix and get on gaming right away, there is a box in Installed Content that you can tick which says "run game without cc" ;)

Holy burritos Batman... Thank you for this. I know it should probably be common sense to do this anyway, but after going through my launcher I actually found a lot of bad CC. So thank you for this. I also found that cursed shirt!! I had no idea it was such a big problem to be honest, I thought it was only me who had the problem.
  • LucyLuLu666SimLucyLuLu666Sim Posts: 35
    edited April 2013
    I would advise you to go into your Installed Content section of the launcher and delete anything dodgy looking. I had the same problem and after I did this my game worked fine, and I have had no more deformed babies!
    edited April 2013
    Word from the Wise:

DELETE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS DODGY! Even the Shymoo stuff. It looks rather nice, but it's bad CC.
    Anything dodgy, or you don't remember installing.
    It can save your game, I should know.
  • CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I went through Crincricts bad cc list and all stuff mentioned in this but I honestly for the life of me find what causes those knee high boots, I removed all the bad cc, all the new cas project, shymoo etc.

Can anyone help me find these darn boots? :evil:

They screw up my babies plus townies wear them, swim in them and my own sims shower in them :?
  • alwayshuntressalwayshuntress Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2013
    [quote=Chelso2****** I am having the exact say problem my glitched piece of clothing is a blue layered shirt which deforms my toddlers and children, can someone please tell me the name of the glitched file or the file code[/quote]

I have this issue too as well as a pair of red women's ballet slipper like shoes that my males end up wearing as default all the time.
  • alwayshuntressalwayshuntress Posts: 5 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Cwayvaa wrote:
    I went through Crincricts bad cc list and all stuff mentioned in this but I honestly for the life of me find what causes those knee high boots, I removed all the bad cc, all the new cas project, shymoo etc.

Can anyone help me find these darn boots? :evil:

They screw up my babies plus townies wear them, swim in them and my own sims shower in them :?

Open your sims 3 file in your documents
    then in the 'search' area search for this file

0x53c8a792708a8503c3af11001586b1b0.package

when your computer finds it....delete it. That should work. Here's a website for other bad CC as well:
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html