Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How much can you expect to pay for an expansion pack??

It seems that expansion packs for the sims 3 vary in price, depending where you get them

In the Store, Seasons is £29.99, whether you get the download version or the disc version.

In Argos, Seasons is £14.99 for a disc version!!

It seems such a wide price difference!!

How much can you generally expect to pay for other expansions??

Comments

• KkarichanKkarichan Posts: 776 Member
    edited April 2013
    I bought supernatural off amazon for $20 us dollars and then bought pets off origin during one of there big sales for $10 us dollars both were direct download versions. so yea prices vary it seems stuff is cheaper online then in the stores sometimes. :)
  • MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I try and wait for sales, but I don't think I'll be able to wait with Island Paradise...
  • melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited April 2013
    Getting it direct from Origin, you're paying the price EA has set.

Buying it from somewhere else, you're paying the price the store has set. If it's a large difference on something newly release, the store absorbs the difference (occasionally called a "loss leader" if the shop is trying to tempt you in so you buy other things which aren't on offer, mostly used in supermarkets).

I've paid £25 for Seasons and Supernatural, because I really wanted them and felt fine paying the almost full price. Pets I got gifted, but every other EP I've waited until they've gone below £15 to buy. I much, much prefer to get the physical discs, so I end up waiting longer than people who go for the digital download sales.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited April 2013
    I hope to pay no more than £20.00, I can generally wait it out to get my moneys worth, I have so many other expenditures these days getting every EP, SP and PC is no longer important to me. You have to cut your coat according to your cloth.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2013
    It seems like the EPs are much cheaper in US/UK than here in sweden, I´m used to pay up to 400kr, wich was like 60 dollars/40 euro when I converted it.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited April 2013
    double post
    23u1xdu.gif
  • MissBriteMissBrite Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited April 2013
    $20-30
  • CwayvaaCwayvaa Posts: 52 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I've always paid full price for games until now.

I just bought seasons on ebay for 25 euro (brand new, disc ver) whereas if I had bought it in a shop it would of cost me 40 euro, big difference, at least for me anyway.

I still have a few sims 3 games to get but from now on I'll be going for the cheaper option, I just can't afford to spend 40 euro on an ep.
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited April 2013
    I've been waiting, lately, to buy EP's. Last year I waited until Black Friday sales and got the LE editions of Seasons and Supernatural for $20 (they went back up to $40 the next day so it was like a buy one get one free deal) from Gamestop.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    edited April 2013
    $40 US because I'm impatient and can't wait.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Kaylie27Kaylie27 Posts: 1,056 Member
    edited April 2013
    Yea, I usually pay 40 because I am impatient. Although it really irritated me when University came out because all of these people preordered it and then a few days later they had it at a sale price. Grinds my gears. lol.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited April 2013
    I was one of the ones who got it for sale price and it made my day if not my month every silver lining has a cloud I guess.
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • hannmacyhannmacy Posts: 558 Member
    edited April 2013
    I remember a few days after Supernatural, Best Buy had a sale on all Sims 3 games! It was dropped down to 25 dollars!
    That said, i remember when expansion packs were 30 dollars. Then, when they were out for maybe 6 months they dropped the price down to 20. I don't really like paying 40 dollars for a game, but it is what it is I guess.
    tumblr_nfjixx1N6E1qd5lw2o1_r1_500.gif
  • KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited April 2013
    The price doesn't drop here; but if you want LE discs you have to get them the weekend they're out, otherwise you spend more online trying to get them.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • MAnatomyMAnatomy Posts: 460 New Member
    edited April 2013
    I usually buy mine from a gamming website that sells almost every game for, eh, maybe 10% off. Only a little discount but anything better than full price if there isn't a sale. o_o