Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's have Baked Alaska again

Anyone remember making Baked Alaska dessert in the Sims 2? It looked so yummy and it has great animations. I would love to see that dessert again in the Sims 3. They could make it really look good in this version of the game, just like the real dessert.

24lm1s6.jpg

Comments

• SimGuruSarah_oldSimGuruSarah_old Posts: 447 SimGuru (retired)
    edited February 2013
    I miss Baked Alaska too!

One of my most memorable Sims 2 moments was when my single Sim made Baked Alaska and...failed. She caught on fire and since she lived alone there was no one to save her and nothing I could do but watch her burn and be traumatized. I felt so helpless...my poor little Sim...
    I am a Producer on The Sims 4.
    Please follow me on Twitter @SimGuruSarah
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    :lol:

I've never had baked alaska in rl... am I missing out?
    edited February 2013

I had it once in real life years ago (and yes, I tried it because of The Sims!)
    I can't remember a thing about how it tasted, but I remember being really impressed by the presentation since they lit it on fire (and fortunately our waiter didn't fumble it onto himself or us :p)
  • DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013

I can't remember a thing about how it tasted, but I remember being really impressed by the presentation since they lit it on fire (and fortunately our waiter didn't fumble it onto himself or us :p)

Oh, how lovely! Wouldn't that be something if we had it in the game and the sim lit it on fire for the presentation and placed it on the counter. And there was a chance of the sim catching on fire too? Thanks for sharing your memories with us SimGuruSarah.
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:

Oh, how lovely! Wouldn't that be something if we had it in the game and the sim lit it on fire for the presentation and placed it on the counter. And there was a chance of the sim catching on fire too? Thanks for sharing your memories with us SimGuruSarah.

Yep! When the Sims went to light the Baked Alaska there was a chance they would fumble and drop it on themselves...immediately catching on fire ;_;
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:

Yep! When the Sims went to light the Baked Alaska there was a chance they would fumble and drop it on themselves...immediately catching on fire ;_;

That never happened to me! It's weird how you learn new stuff about the sims all the time. :lol:

I'll have to try and find somewhere that serves it now (or make it myself but that could be dangerous... more because of my generousity with sugar and fat when baking than the risk of fire!)
    edited February 2013

Oh, we already did that. Well, I must have remembered subconsciously. We'd want to do something new if it was a part of the Sims 3. I guess new ideas are better than re-h a s h e d ones anyway. How about creme brulee?

al3gpe.jpg
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:

Oh, we already did that. Well, I must have remembered subconsciously. We'd want to do something new if it was a part of the Sims 3. I guess new ideas are better than re-h a s h e d ones anyway. How about creme brulee?

al3gpe.jpg

Yum! Creme Brulee is probably my favorite dessert IRL...it would be a cute Sim dessert! They could sit there with their spoon and crack the glaze before they take a big bite :D
    edited February 2013
    DawnLBrown wrote:

al3gpe.jpg

Yum! Creme Brulee is probably my favorite dessert IRL...it would be a cute Sim dessert! They could sit there with their spoon and crack the glaze before they take a big bite :D

Sounds like I should make a new thread. :lol: Seriously, the prices they charge in restaurants for creme brulee are outrageous. But I love the dessert so much I pay them. Some restaurants give the desserts different flavors such as Bananas Foster, Chocolate, or so on. Yum!
  • Branwen333Branwen333 Posts: 222 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I remember my sim died in Sims 2 because I caught on fire via the baked alaska and then my sims glitched and well..not good.

BUT I do wish they'd bring back the baked alaska, especially since we have an ice cream maker now...

Oh great now I want ice cream. haha