March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ticking sound. It' making me nuts!

ironfan3ironfan3 Posts: 30
After the most recent update, I started hearing this ticking sound when ever I start playing a sim. I thought it was a clock so I paused it and looked around but I hear it even in map view. It's not my speakers, it's not my computer, its something in the game. And it's making me nuts! It's very annoying. Can someone help me get rid of it?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• ValindraValindra Posts: 11
    edited August 2012
    It will happen to me occasionally-- it's like the sound it makes when you hit pause, etc. gets stuck. What fixes it for me is just saving your game and going back to the menu.
  • DannibellsDannibells Posts: 4
    edited August 2012
    the same thing is happening to me! and also 2 of the sims can no longer have interactions with other sims!! the hubbie and wife both have dark blue pictures on the friends tab! they can't do anything with each other but they can click on other people (although i cant click on them from the kids point of view) and when they go to work the bar stays the same so no promotions happen!!! just added the latest patch but it stated playing up b4 that :(
  • BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited August 2012
    I couldn't figure out what that noise came from. I just worded it as a "fffffuhhh" sound lol. Thanks for clearing that up going back in game to see if it'll go away. :oops: First time i've ever had a problem with a patch. :evil:
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited September 2012
    @ Dannibells - have you tried the ResetSim* command?
  • faithvssamfaithvssam Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the ticking noise problem as well, been having it for a few weeks. It's driving me CRAZY! I hear it in live mode, buy mode, map view, edit world, basically everywhere except the loading screen.

Please someone tell me there's a fix!

Saving and going back to menu doesn't work for me, it does it again when I load it back.
  • JuliaUberJuliaUber Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2012
    i'm going crazy with the ticking sound, even in real life (lol) i cant stand being in a room with a ticking clock. i went into the options menu and turned down the effects sound but then i couldn't hear anything else like the blender in the kitchen or any of the cool magic sounds, but it did stop the ticking. i might just have to suck it up for my own sanity :shock:
  • greengodgurlgreengodgurl Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I'm having the same problem. At first I thought it was because of the clock so I paused the game yet the ticking continued. I tried several other things such as exiting the game and starting again. I had no success with anything. I finally decided to try playing on my desktop computer. I uploaded to the latest version, not once thing it was the update, and once I started the game the same thing was happening! I am very irritated because I cannot play with out sound and trying to mess around with the sounds options has not worked. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? How would I go back to the previous version of the Sims before the latest update came out?!
  • FleeraFleera Posts: 313 Member
    edited December 2012
    Had this for the first time today. I could hear the tick every few seconds even in map view and build/buy modes. Horrible! I quit to the main menu and reloaded the game since I didn't want to save the click into the game. It worked, but the game froze and darkened and then I had to manually turn off the computer. So, I'm not sure if the ticking was an indicator of something wrong coming on...
  • TezaG78TezaG78 Posts: 113 Member
    edited December 2012
    When reading this I remember having the same problem a while back. It's gone now and I don't know what I did to fix it but it might have been after I downloaded some mods from nraas, like overwatch and other helpful stuff. Might be worth a try?
  • CatLandCatLand Posts: 760 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I found the source of the ticking! It's a pipe bomb!

(I'm sorry that's just the first thing that came into my head :mrgreen: )

On a more serious note, usually when this happens to me it's a warning that my game is about to crash :( It makes a ticking noise for a little bit and then dies.

Otherwise it's sometimes just the noise of me changing the speed in my game that gets stuck and keeps going. I'm pretty sure going to menu fixed it.
  • fordtruckluverfordtruckluver Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2013
    I noticed this for the first time tonight. The ticking drives me absolutely NUTS!!! Then when I tried to save and save as I got an error 16. Maybe the game was trying to tell me something? lost an hour or so work. (good thing I saved before the ticking started)
  • krparanormalkrparanormal Posts: 29
    edited January 2013
    Well, when you click the "Ultra Speed," it makes a ticking noise. Could just be a glitch from that...?
  • HatakeSageHatakeSage Posts: 884 Member
    edited March 2013
    Sorry to necro this thread but seriously this is still happening even five months later. Seriously someone help Dx

Its not CC, its nothing like that.
    Its like when your game is paused and it makes that fast "tick" noise. ONLY THEN IT REPEATS. TICK. TICK. TICK. doing EVERYTHING in game. Its terrible!
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    HatakeSage wrote:
    Sorry to necro this thread but seriously this is still happening even five months later. Seriously someone help Dx

Its not CC, its nothing like that.
    Its like when your game is paused and it makes that fast "tick" noise. ONLY THEN IT REPEATS. TICK. TICK. TICK. doing EVERYTHING in game. Its terrible!

so not sure if this is the same issue...when im logged into the profile wall it makes this terrible ticking noise even in play.

logging out stops the ticking..

now some above described hardware based issues..ticking right before crashing ..whats ur situation
  • loileeloilee Posts: 614 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is it ticking all the time now? :shock:

I had this a few days ago, I was worried something was about to aslpode but it stopped when I restarted the game.
  • SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2013
    Logging off from my Sims 3 profile helped stop the ticking for me! :-)
  • bubblegum166bubblegum166 Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I'm pretty sure you just exit to menu. :mrgreen:
  • DevilDj1690DevilDj1690 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    so not sure if this is the same issue...when im logged into the profile wall it makes this terrible ticking noise even in play.

logging out stops the ticking..

now some above described hardware based issues..ticking right before crashing ..whats ur situation

As ceejay402 mentioned above worked for me. I hardly ever play online as I had issues with the game for some reason, when I reinstalled a few months back and recently had to log in to install Riverview, I didn't realize I was still logged in.

Logging out solves this issue for me!
  • binkii70binkii70 Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    logging off from being online stops it for me...every time I login to play my game I get the ticking in my game..logging off stops it. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top