Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now how long have you been playing the Sims 3 for?

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2022
    More then 12 years
    I have been playing the sims from the 1st day they came out. My Granddaughter got it for me for my Birthday. I have never stopped playing and to this day I sitll love it and having fun with them. I am now 81 and having the best fun of my life.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited June 2022
    4-6 years
    I love it when I can hang out and talk with gamers who are in my age range (give or take thirty plus years or so difference). I crossed the half century mark two years ago (yeah my wife tells me my mental age is two; I think she’s a bit optimistic on that point)

@Evalen - gaming I think is for everyone no matter what age. I’ve heard of people who are in their 70s and 80s playing hard paced action shooters, forming e-league teams and “teaching the young’uns a thing or two” on the “battlefield” so we can all play any game to our heart’s content. 😁👍

Some like us prefer slower paced games like Sims 3 or city builders. .
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    More then 12 years
    @Nikkei_Simmer I also like city builders, I love the computer, I have been on the computer since the commadore 64, I remember when me and my husband played a game where you had to type sit on the chair, once it was a game and it said do you want to go straight, right or left, So I took the left and it said you have been killed by a lion, so I told my husband do not go left. Now the games are so real. but I have loved the Sims the best. I guess I will play until the end of my time. any way it does keep your brain thinking. Have fun with you Sims.
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    More then 12 years
    I love it when I can hang out and talk with gamers who are in my age range (give or take thirty plus years or so difference). I crossed the half century mark two years ago (yeah my wife tells me my mental age is two; I think she’s a bit optimistic on that point)

@Evalen - gaming I think is for everyone no matter what age. I’ve heard of people who are in their 70s and 80s playing hard paced action shooters, forming e-league teams and “teaching the young’uns a thing or two” on the “battlefield” so we can all play any game to our heart’s content. 😁👍

Some like us prefer slower paced games like Sims 3 or city builders. .

There are a few of us older folk around. It isn't so much that I like slower paced games as it is that I can't be bothered with other stuff. I don't want to kill anything that moves, I'm busy decorating my house. lol I do love a good city builder tho, and could play Banished for hours on end.

I pre-ordered Sims 3 at Game Stop and picked it up at midnight on release day, which is the same thing I did with each expansion. Been playing ever since. I don't knock anyone who enjoys Sims 4 (well, mostly...), but I simply can't. Been playing Sims since Sims 1 days.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    More then 12 years
    I have been playing the sims 3 since release. I've tried to play 4 a few time but just keep coming back to 3. It's one of it not my favorite game and I don't see myself not playing it anytime soon.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    More then 12 years
    Since late August or early September of 2009 I believe. I played Sims 2 on console but heard PC was better and Sims 3 had just came out so I got it.

I ended up getting Sims 2 on PC as well, and I got Sims 4 when it was free but Sims 3 sims so far have been favorite ones.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    10-12 years
    On and off since 2012(?) I remember I brought it due to Supernatural so whenever that pack came out.

But I've only properly got into in the last couple of years.
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    4-6 years
    I actually started kinda late because my computer was one of those old white bricks that could only run sims 2 + uni and absolutely nothing more. I played a bit on my friend's laptop, but finally downloaded it to my own laptop in 2016. She was absolutely not made to game, but I quickly found I absolutely adored this game and barely ever went back to sims 4 other than CAS. I mean, this was before the game even had toddlers..
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • GertrudeLawrenceGertrudeLawrence Posts: 3 New Member
    10-12 years
    Hi there, I'm not sure how to start a thread. Does anyone know if Sims can own one of the yellow taxis? I used the BuyDeBug cheat to see if it was accessible there, but I couldn't find it.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    12 long years
    on and off ofc
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 553 Member
    4-6 years
    While I definitely bought it in 2009 during college, I played mostly until 2013-14 then took a long break. This year I finally restarted and found out that making a town with less community lots really makes the game come to life.
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Too fun
    The sims 2 forever
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    More then 12 years
    I have been playing since its release in 2009. I did go back to TS2 when I got the complete collection (minus store stuff :'( ) for free. I even tried TS4...yeah...no. I love my TS3...I would absolutely love it if my computer could play the original series. That was totally my jam. I will continue on with TS3 for the foreseeable future, and continue to buy from the store, as long as it's kept open.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    More then 12 years
    Uffda... Long time ago. Got it in 09, had so much fun with it once riverview and Barnacle Bay came out.. then Lucky palms.... Found NRAAS and enjoyed the mayhem.... Didnt know the sims 3 store was still going, interesting... Thought that had gone by the way side years ago...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2022
    6-10 years
    Around 2013-ish I was exposed to a "The Sims" mod for Minecraft (where you could build your own city with interactive people in them), of all things. Found out that The Sims was in fact an actual game franchise, and quickly downloaded The Sims Freeplay on my old tablet. When I saved up enough money, I then promptly bought The Sims 3.

I do remember playing The Sims 2 & The Sims 1 VERY briefly at a family member's house way before this, but I don't think that it counts :# .
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • spankenstein89spankenstein89 Posts: 103 Member
    6-10 years
    I got my copy of The Sims 3 cheap from a thrift store, and it turned out to be the most absorbing game I've played.
  • Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    4-6 years
    6 years and counting!
  • ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    4-6 years
    easily 4-6 years, i'm not sure if that's too accurate but i know i've certainly loved the game since the sims 3 came out!
  • BuildModeBuildMode Posts: 23 Member
    10-12 years
    I started playing in 2012! 10 years later and it's still my favourite game in the Sims franchise.
  • SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited January 2023
    4-6 years
    I think the first time I played Sims 3 was some time in 2010 or 2011. I'm not really sure, but I only played it very occasionally on a laptop until it got to slow and I quit playing.

My current Sunset Valley save that I'm still playing is from the latter half of 2016. However, I only played for a while until some time in 2017 and then left it alone/forgot about it..

..but then came 2020, and I started playing it again, as well as buying my first expansion pack, University Life. And the rest you know (or is available on this forum). :P

In total, that would be something like 4-5 years, actually not much more than that, even though it's 12 or 13 years since the very first time I played Sims 3. And that only happened because I had borrowed my sisters Sims 2 game sometime in 2008 or 2009, which later made me buy my own version, and that version was Sims 3. :P Well, and in part since I have already played the Sim City series since the early 2000s.

So.. I'm choosing to answer 4-6 years on the poll, because that's the number of years I have actually been playing, or somewhere close to that.
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • More then 12 years
    I started playing the Sims 3 in 2011 when I was around 4. IDK why my parents let me play it at a young age but yeah the sims is my childhood.
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    2-4 years
    I started playing TS3 in 2020. It is my current favorite of the Sims.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    6-10 years
    Here I was trying to do math. "Oh, since 2013 so that's..." wait it's already been 10 years. :smiley::open_mouth:
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    4-6 years
    My general experience with the Sims goes all the way back to the Sims 2 era. As a kid, I loved watching my sister play and grew very fond of all the Pleasantview sims as she explained to me her plans for them. I dabbled in the Sims 2 and 3 around age 12-13, but I really got into the Sims 3 about 5 years ago when I was in college. Ever since, I've had kind of an on-again-off-again relationship with the game, but I currently have plans to start a YouTube channel and feature some gameplay there.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited February 2023
    More then 12 years
    Just realized I had already made my input on this thread ! B)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 503 Member
    10-12 years
    10-12 years ago is my best guess for when I first started playing Sims 3. I'd been playing Sims 2 and I'm pretty sure I didn't get 3 until a while after it came out. But I didn't really get into it properly until recently. My Mac really struggled with it in those early days, and after one software update my game developed a bad glitch that made it unplayable for me - and I didn't know about mods then or anything that might have helped. So I switched to Sims 4 fairly soon after it came out for Mac and abandoned 3 - until they brought out the 64 bit version a couple of years ago, which has brought it all back for me :) I've now added all the EPs and stuff packs I'm interested in, and with the essential NRAAS mods it plays the best it ever has for me!