Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disney Dreamlight Valley

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    I mean am tempted to make vlad on it but :lol: meh can't be bothered
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I'm going to wait awhile until any potential bugs are sorted.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    edited September 2022
    I'm not kidding... I have been playing this ALL DAY. The life sim aspect is reminiscent of Stardew Valley, with the only need being energy. It's very story and quest based, but there's a lot of creativity when it comes to outfits and furniture. The real time is like Animal Crossing, with the sun setting/rising, and the villagers' schedules. If you like any of these games:
    ACNH
    Stardew Valley
    Mario Odyssey
    BOTW
    I recommend!
    9/10
    already have 7 hours.
    EDIT: almost forgot this lil guy who follows you around! <3<3<3
    D7IIgD8.png
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited September 2022
    I decided to try it out. I've only played about an hour and a half so far. I was hoping to play longer last night alone but I was so drained I only spent about half an hour on it before passing out and have only put in about an hour this morning though it's my day off so I'll be playing more throughout the day.

Right now I have it doing some kind of update hopefully it'll resolve some issues. I haven't had any serious issues though. It was loading fine on my switch. It was slowing down in general when I closed it to look for updates but it wasn't too bad. My main issue is it nagging me to connect to cloud save... even though I am it just won't recognize it. Stil not a major issue for me at this point cuz I don't have anything to lose even if the worst were to happen and I actually needed that cloud save. So not super pressed but I hope that has either been fixed in this update or will be soon (I haven't really checked to see I just knew odds of a patch already were high and just had my switch find it lol). Other than that no issues so far.

It's been really fun though can't wait to get back to it after lunch. Very cute style and I loke the pacing so far enough to do that I don't have to just waste time but there's no rush so I can take my time. Very enjoyable so far.

Edit to add: I guess the update today was just for switch users experiencing loading issues. I didn't have that problem but good news for other switch or potential switch users.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I am waiting a bit, and plan to buy the standard release. I have watched others play it, but I want to play it myself to see if I like it. Plus, I want to explore it when it is still new, because I don't really play games in new releases or beta games, so I want to try to do that for once.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Is this game playable offline, or is it online only?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I may consider getting the game once it's on PC in 2023. ;)
    My daughter already has it on her Nintendo Switch, so she can teach me how to play the game. B)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2022
    I gave it a try since it is on Game Pass (a subscription service from Microsoft).

The game is very charming, I have never played Animal Crossing before but I imagine that this is similar. You walk around in a village, plant different kinds of plants and unlock new plants, fish, mine and unlock new things like clothes, recipes and furniture that you can decorate your house with and you can also customize the village. The disney characters are very nice and the game looks very good.

I have not hit any sort of "wall" yet where I have to turn the game off and wait until the next day but I imagine that there will be some sort of mechanic, right now it seems to be mostly energy that I need to refill and I can do that by making food.

There is a lot to unlock and I can imagine that we will get more worlds as they will keep adding more.

kgwZwvm.png
    I played a lot more yesterday and this really is such a fun game. If you like Disney and games like Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley it's a fantastic game. It's cute, fun, relaxing, the music is lovely. I love some of the little details (like constellations in the night sky). I absolutely love playing at night it's so pretty. I love the outfit choices. Overall very impressed.

I still have quite a long way to go I think it feels like it and I saw somebody mention at about 40 hours they still had 1 area to unlock an a little bit to do. OFC this is a style of game where people will go at wildly different paces but I feel life after 10 or so hours that seems like about my pace probably.

I have had some issues. Nothing really serious mostly just patience needed as a lot of it is lag. Switch does seem to be the most unstable version and does crash a fair bit... at least the game autosaves pretty often so crashes are usually little to no loss other than the time to reboot. I still can't get online or use cloud save. Haven't gotten my founders pack stuff which is the glitch I'm most annoyed by. They have said that they are working on an update though to fix or reduce a lot of the common issues, should be out next week.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    It looks interesting. :)
    I am considering giving it a try.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I played it a bit more, the game is really good. I really recommend it if you like games like Animal Crossing or Stardew Valley. There is a bit of sims in it too with the clothes you can unlock and you can decorate your house and your entire valley.

Progression in the game seems fair, they seem to have balanced it by requiring you to earn a lot of money for later upgrades and unlocking new paths, but you can earn a lot of money by buying and planting a lot of seeds and then sell your produce for a profit. And there is nothing that's really preventing you from playing the game for as long as you like, you can replenish your energy at your house or by cooking and eating food and you can build storage chests where you can keep all your items for crafting and cooking and you don't need to bring the items with you to the crafting table or the kitchen.
  • KendranaKendrana Posts: 4,049 Member
    edited September 2022
    DDV-1.png
    This is the character I created using the demo creation tool. Despite the lack of options for clothing and accessories, I found character creation to be quite impressive overall. It seems like they could have offered a few more options for hair colors, especially for brown and red hair since the existing brown looks purplish and the reds look pinkish. They did a really good job with the blonde colors, though, which is why I chose to make my character's hair that color. Not sure if the actual game has more customization options or if more will be added at a later point. I'm very tempted to buy this game based upon what I'm seeing and hearing, but still haven't made up my mind for certain.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I have watched other people play it, and it looks good.
    My aim is to get the Standard edition, which is the cheapest, and convert my avatar over that way.
    Still haven't got the game, but when I can, I plan to get it for my PS4.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Patch available.

We’ve just released a patch for many current known issues. As the patch is currently being deployed, please allow up to 2 hours to see it made available on your device.
    edited September 2022
    I've basically unlocked all there is currently. It's been so much fun and I love that there's still more to come. Even beyond what's been announced to be coming there's signs of even more yet to come like I just love the hours of joy that this game is bringing and will bring even more of. And it's still fun to play even with everything unlocked there's still decorating and stuff to entertain myself with.

The one thing I have learned and I want to mention this especially for switch users because I had to dig a lot for this info. Do NOT time travel. My online connectivity problems were because my switch clock was not synced to the internet and it was blocking my online access.

The potentially bigger problem is syncing your clock back will break your game temporarily. It will (or should anyway) resolve when the game clock catches back up to where it left off when you synced. For example my switch was 24 hours ahead when I synced back I had to wait 24 hours for my game to fully function again because of how it's reading off of the real time aspect. 24 hours wasn't super terrible. I worked around what I could and just waited out the rest. I'd hate it if this happened at some point when I was like 2 weeks out I think I'd have just given up and restarted. It seems to happen on any platform if you play with the time but I see A LOT of switch users complaining about these issues I think it's so natural for a lot of us to time travel.
    Post edited by dreamerz13 on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I expect whatever hype this game has to die fast Disney does not put out quality anymore.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I'm not sure it's a game I'd be interested in, but I am really digging the way they continually give updates on what they're working on or at least acknowledge there's issues and are addressing the problems.

Love that transparency!

If only all game companies did that. (But, maybe their community isn't quite as quick to pull out the pitchforks over every little thing.)
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Two YouTubers I watch play this game and they are addicted to it and it looked so cute that I had to buy and now I’m addicted too! Stayed up way too late tonight. Still figuring out how to play a little but I’m catching on. I’m playing on a pc so it’s a bit different. Is it easier with a mouse?
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top