Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Museum Lots

MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
I feel like museums are so under used in my game and under represented on the gallery. Does anyone have any great museum builds or great museum build ideas?

Comments

• masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Thank you very much for the mention dear @rosemow really kind of you to remember this one :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022
    To quote myself from 2016 :p
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Other options include:

Natural History/Science Museum - Displays to include skeletons (human/cowplant), animal/nature dioramas, mineral and fossil collectibles, fish (live/mounted), frogs and insects along with every type of SimEarth plant in a greenhouse or botanical garden with a lab (kid chemistry sets, microscopes, analysers & any future science objects that anyone can use).

Space Centre - Displays space prints, model rockets, debug UFO, space rocks, geodes, alien collectables (live/dead), alien plants. With observatory(s) on the roof and rocket(s)/portal for public use. Could also add the spaceship jungle gym. You could combine with the above too.

Historical/Antique Museum - More museum than the gallery types in game. Add any old looking objects. Make a folly or overgrown ruins (maybe add the wishing well?) in the grounds with easels nearby for great paintings. Maybe make a ghost club that hangs out haunting the old things.

Local Celebrities - If you have any sims in that save die "famous" then add something of theirs to the museum as an exhibit (E.G. an opensided mock-up of a famous writer's study or the stage where your "rockstar" performed their last time). It's a nice reminder of past sims, and if the objects are accessible it adds things for sims to do when visiting.

I really wish we could customise the von Haunt signs to explain about each exhibit. Would be great for sharing on the gallery.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Cemeteries are another option if you use enough statuary and décor graves in between the real ones.