Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate that pets poop.

I know...I may as well be holding "I'm a uptight loser who hates fun" sign, but I just want to vent here.

I have OCD. I really, really hate any kind of toilet humor, or gross-out humor in general. It genuinely upsets me. I have to take my phone with me into the bathroom so that I don't have to think about the fact that I'm going to the bathroom.

In TS2 and TS3, animals peed, which I could deal with--Sims pee, after all--but they didn't poop. And now they do.

I know poop has been a thing since the "Flaming bag" of TS2, but that was pretty easy to avoid. And I don't mind the "holding the bag" chance card result in the Criminal Career. But if you have a pet in TS4, this is something you're going to have to constantly deal with, to the point where I don't even know if I want to get Cats and Dogs, even though I *really* love my Sims owning pets in the previous games.

Please, if anyone else is bothered by this, let me know. Or even if you're not, I feel like I could use some validation right now.

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Granted, I play more with cats than with dogs, so I get to use litter boxes. I always spring for the expensive one with lasers so that I don't have to clean the litter box. Not just because I'm worried I'll forget, but because I hate doing it. (Irl as well as in game) I'm not as bothered by it as you are, but that doesn't mean it's a feature I like.

There's also a mod out there for an "outdoor" litterbox that's two rocks that never needs cleaning, if you're not adverse to mods.

So that's a solution for cats. I don't have one for dogs, unfortunately. Wish I did, I might have more sim families have dogs as pets.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Granted, I play more with cats than with dogs, so I get to use litter boxes. I always spring for the expensive one with lasers so that I don't have to clean the litter box. Not just because I'm worried I'll forget, but because I hate doing it. (Irl as well as in game) I'm not as bothered by it as you are, but that doesn't mean it's a feature I like.

There's also a mod out there for an "outdoor" litterbox that's two rocks that never needs cleaning, if you're not adverse to mods.

So that's a solution for cats. I don't have one for dogs, unfortunately. Wish I did, I might have more sim families have dogs as pets.

Oh, thank you! That's nice to know about cats, at least.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I feel you. Sometimes I feel like I apuld see it everwhere. I get a bit grossed out when I ocasionally find it in my sims' inventory. I also get confused since I never tell them to pick it up, throw it away, but not just pick it up.
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    I wish they'd at least turn down the frequency of it a bit. Like I understand having a pet, they go to the bathroom often (I have three cats and one dog), but maybe in The Sims it could be a little less often?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wish dogs in the game had a dedicated pee/poop area. Like a grass pad or something so my Sims don’t randomly come across stinky piles all over the yard.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    A few years ago my cats and dogs never ate on their own or pooped...

I thought it was a bug, but it turned out to be caused by a mod, that fullfilled the needs of my animals everytime I loaded the game or the family.

If the poop bothers you that much, you could try to put the mod in your game.
    It's called "No Sick, Dirty, Sad and Hungry Cats & Dogs" by LittleMissSam.

In the description it says:
    "Disable Decay Prevenger Buff for owned Pets:
    When loading a Household the Part of the Mod which adds a hidden Buff which decreases the Decay of Needs will be disabled"

So technically your dogs will never poop again if you download this part of the mod (if I understood this correctly. English is not my first language). But this also means that your pets are never hungry or sick. If I remember correctly you can still call them to eat manually, they will take a few bites and stop to eat.

Maybe this mod will help you with your problem and you can enjoy your game with the furry friends. :)

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm not really a fan of toilet humour either. Although in Sims Freeplay, one time I got up to walk with my iPad to the kitchen and the Sims started losing their footing and acting like they were in an earthquake and then they all got dizzy and vomited on the ground. That was hilarious. :joy:

For the pets, I always get the self-cleaning litter. It's great, shoots lasers at the cat poop, you don't have to do anything.

For the dogs, not much you can do otherwise consider creating a robot dog in CAS. I wish we could teach them to do their business in a certain place.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I have no problem with it. I make my sim collect it all and use it as a fertilizer. That’s what it’s for. Just because it’s not in a purple box with a pink ribbon on it, doesn’t mean we can’t consider it a gift haha.

As long as I can’t smell it it’s grand, because having to deal with this 💩 in RL is an entirely different story…
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I kinda wish they just peed. It's not a great sight to see them pooping and it's a pain having to keep throwing it away.

I once had a couple who had 5 dogs... now that really was a pain!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    in Sims Freeplay, one time I got up to walk with my iPad to the kitchen and the Sims started losing their footing and acting like they were in an earthquake and then they all got dizzy and vomited on the ground. That was hilarious. :joy:

that is incredible @Elliandre

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm fine with it, but I am a dog owner in real life so I'm used to picking up dog poo. I always have a poo bag ready in my pocket when we go out. It has to be my own dog's poo though or it grosses me out. Thankfully I can't smell it in TS4 so it doesn't bother me. It's also useful as a fertiliser.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    If you have MCCC you can disable needs decay for your pets entirely and thy won’t poo, need a bath every 5 minutes or ask to go out every 30 seconds to wee either. It’s great.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I wish dogs in the game had a dedicated pee/poop area. Like a grass pad or something so my Sims don’t randomly come across stinky piles all over the yard.

At least some of my dogs have a dedicated pee/poop area - on the doorstep. There's constantly need of cleaning, despite there being a large lawn right next to it the 3 dogs always do their stuff on the doorstep and my sims often step into it.

I don't mind a lot though, as most of my dog owning households also garden a lot and by this get free fertilizer. I guess hat might be why we got poop instead of pee because it would be even more gross storing pee in your inventory... I really miss the compost bin...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I was raised in a time when things weren't quite as they are now. Bathroom humor (which first got laughs back in the19th century, before it was once again frowned upon) has never been something I've been in favor of. I won't even let my in-game Toddlers or Child Sims tell a joke about Chicken butt. Am I uptight, or what? LOL

The only things about the dog poop that disturbs me is having to run around cleaning it up, or when my unfortunate Sim happens to step in it. Ick. I've stepped in it in RL and let me tell you how hard it is to get it out of the grooves on the bottom of the shoe! Many a style of Tennis Shoes has them. Some hiking boots have them, too. We used to call them Waffle-Stompers.

I do respect how you feel, however. My dearly departed Dad couldn't say the punch-line on a joke because he couldn't bring himself to say the word fart. Unfortunately for me, I've loosened up considerably since I left my parents' home. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Don't cleaning bots pick up dog poo as well? Maybe a cleaning bot might help. Personally, I don't like seeing it on my sims lawn, but once it gets into their inventory I see it as fertilizer and nothing more.
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Thanks for the replies, everyone! I'm relieved to know I'm not alone.

If I do ever get the pack, I probably will download a mod that will make it so that I can prevent pooping. That sounds like the way to go.

Thank you for all your suggestions!
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    It doesn't auto-clean itself but is related to this topic. If anyone wants an indoor option for dogs to do their thing, the great CC creator Ravasheen made potty pads: https://ravasheen.com/download/ultimutt-indoor-dog-potty-pads/
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    It wouldn't be nearly so bad for me if they didn't consider the porch to be outside. My sims potty trained pooches shouldnt be pooping on the porch imo. This bothers me so much I do sometimes cheat their need to constantly full.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I like the fact that sometimes there will be "one large dog poop" in my sims inventory---I never hesitate to have my sim regift it to someone they don't like

cool now you gave me an idea hahahah
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Poop is the reality of being an animal owner especially a dog as they don't just nicely bury it in a box or outside. I don't think it should be nerfed or removed it's a part of life this is a simulator well somewhat as real babies are not locked to bassinets and cars exist.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited January 2022
    What I don't get is why they had to be so elaborate. I mean, was it really necessary to have rainbow poop and golden poop as well? I guess the devs have to make a collection out of everything.

I don't like when these piles randomly appear in my sims' inventory.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have the Playable Pets mod, so I always tell my dogs to do their business in one dedicated area of the yard. Now if I could only do that with my real-life dogs!...
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    It wouldn't be nearly so bad for me if they didn't consider the porch to be outside. My sims potty trained pooches shouldnt be pooping on the porch imo. This bothers me so much I do sometimes cheat their need to constantly full.

YES! This! In meat life, dogs don't poop on verandas or porches. Although there is of course exceptions and one that I know off is when she (the dog I knew in meatlife) did her biz on the porch was because she was old and with arthritis. So going down the 2 steps onto the grass was sometimes too painful for her so her owner put down newspapers onto the porch just for her when she was having a bad day. But this was a medical exception and just part of getting old. Dog owners actually potty train them NOT TO. I wish our animal loving Sims could do the same.

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    edited January 2022
    Never bothered me just toss and forget, maybe we'll get something like a litter box with "fake grass" in it one day. That all animals use though I don't think its a "humor thing" People want their sims and pets to be as real as possible both with and withou mods, everyone has that sort of business to take care of.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png