Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you unlock all the CAS content ?

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Only when I need something
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @Mariafoxprice83, I read your comment and was momentarily confused as to what you have against cats. I mean, taking off hats indoors I understand, that was a rule of my grandmother and my father. But the poor Kitties??
    Then I realized it's a typo, and you meant caps. But seriously, I did not realize it very quickly.
    If we had the option to remove cats and hats indoors I'd be all for it.

I actually meant coats and hats...oops! I will fix it. I love cats, they are always welcome.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    No
    No. I didn’t know there are more CAS items, lol. (I do know some of the work outfits are locked.)

I just go through gameplay, and if there’s a new outfit or CAS item that came with a career or however method you get new outfits, then it’s a surprise awesome bonus for me, hehe.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    JustMeAlb wrote: »
    Guess I've been more or less oblivious to them. The majority of the work uniforms I can't wait to change my sim out of when they get home.

Depending on what packs you own, there are a lot more than just work uniforms which are locked. City Living has the festival t-shirts and hats, Snowy Escape has the cold weather outfits, Get Together has several bracelets and some other things (club wear), Nifty Knitting has sweaters and socks and beanies all locked...and there's more. Quite a bit more.

What I like is the fact that there is a cheat to unlock the outfits of some of the more recent packs. Though it would be nice if we could do this for all packs. So far I have used it for nifty knitting, batuu and paranormal stuff.
    Nifty knitting : cas.unlockbytag SP17
    Paranormal : cas. unlockbytag SP18
    Batuu: cas. unlockbytag GP09
    Dream home decorator: cas. unlockbytag GP10

Oh my gawsh, thank you for bringing this up, I had completely forgotten that they had started putting in cheat codes for CAS!

I've used a mod temporarily to unlock all CAS items so I can create some unique Sims (I really wish the head/facial features like pointed ears, glowy eyes, teeth, etc. were always unlocked) but I would really, really love a cheat that just unlocks it all in one fell swoop.
    #Team Occult
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Usually it's when I need something. When I do I use to have a sim in the library that's unlocked with everything just to add to one family so it's unlocked with that family then boot them out. Course I have a r3m mod thatll just unlock all outfits with one cheatnow.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes
    Everything in the catalog is a potential prop or costume for my story-style play, so yep. I have no interest in playing the actual game just to get whatever I need for my story bits, and I'm not afraid to use cheats whenever I like. The same goes for the BB catalog, of course :smiley:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    No way I hate how everything is unlocked there's no challenge or game play in that I miss how if you wanted a new outfit in Sims 2 you had to take that Sim out to a clothing store to go get it and pay for it. The same can be said for crafted objects want an item have a Sim craft it don't want to craft it on every Sim open a store with it. Sims 4 killed retail making everything easy mode not that they put much effort in Get to Work to begin with but the point still stands.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I miss how if you wanted a new outfit in Sims 2 you had to take that Sim out to a clothing store to go get it and pay for it.

You can still play like that by shopping for additional clothes at retail stores and festival stalls, or earning it through Clubs/Knitting etc. It's just optional now.

The same can be said for crafted objects want an item have a Sim craft it don't want to craft it on every Sim open a store with it. Sims 4 killed retail making everything easy mode not that they put much effort in Get to Work to begin with but the point still stands.

I don't get your point here? Retail was the same idea in TS2 and TS3 too. Make it yourself, or make a store where you can buy it.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Usually, the default outfits are enough to suit my needs, and if I do want a sim to have an outfit gained through a career, it's the career I wanted them to have anyway. That said, once in a while the outfit I want for a Sim requires a career I have no plans on putting them through, so I'll cheat to unlock it then. (Example, I like to have Aliens wear the Sci-Fi outfit from Get Famous as their formal wear, but I don't want to play through the Acting Career every time just for it.)
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    alot of the locked outfits arent that great to me and the ones I do like are usually linked to a career I am playing with a sim anyway (like the costumes of the acting career), so I very rarely have to set out and unlock something for a specific sim that they wouldnt naturally get.
    But I do sometimes.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I unlock things through gameplay but I also don’t make any effort to do so.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t bother.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited January 2022
    It is frustrating when you've already unlocked something in the game in one household, yet it's not available in a new save. What is up with that? I may be playing the same set of Sims and then have to remind myself, oh, yeah that was the last save. Face/palm. Once it's unlocked, I think it should remain unlocked, by the player's discretion. IE a toggle to relock the selected item, for instance. But, that's probably way too complicated to code. :: shruggs ::
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited January 2022
    No
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I miss how if you wanted a new outfit in Sims 2 you had to take that Sim out to a clothing store to go get it and pay for it.

You can still play like that by shopping for additional clothes at retail stores and festival stalls, or earning it through Clubs/Knitting etc. It's just optional now.
    Which is great the things you listed but I can also pop into CAS and have almost every clothing item in game free as everything is unlocked in CAS in Sims 4 there's nothing to work toward as you have it all, in Sims 2 the only clothing options unlocked were your original outfit when you created the character.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I don't get your point here? Retail was the same idea in TS2 and TS3 too. Make it yourself, or make a store where you can buy it.
    My point is we don't need everything easy mode and unlocked or easily unlocked with cheats things should be able to be experienced through actual game play and had they done Get to Work right with fun retail people would not feel the desire to cheat code it as it is now there's just not much game play involved with their tablet retail.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    No
    Face it, @ChadSims2, we now live in a world where a lot of people feel participation trophies are a good thing. The idea of earning something has gone out of fashion.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • baniduhainebaniduhaine Posts: 33 Member
    Only when I need something for a particular character, and rarely at that. Can't say I've never done it, but it's mostly for the craftable clothes and all, which doesn't happen to be needed often.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2022
    Face it, @ChadSims2, we now live in a world where a lot of people feel participation trophies are a good thing. The idea of earning something has gone out of fashion.

But this assumes that all players want goal oriented games. I am far from being a “participation trophy” person, having earned three college degrees and graduated at the top of my class nationwide. But, my style of gameplay is narrative. I use the game to act out fictional stories I have created. If a Sim is wealthy at the start of my story, I’m not going to “earn” their luxuries. I’m going to cheat them in so the character is in their proper role for my story at the very beginning.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    No
    cyncie wrote: »
    But this assumes that all players want goal oriented games. I am far from being a “participation trophy” person, having earned three college degrees and graduated at the top of my class nationwide. But, my style of gameplay is narrative. I use the game to act out fictional stories I have created. If a Sim is wealthy at the start of my story, I’m not going to “earn” their luxuries. I’m going to cheat them in so the character is in their proper role for my stoty at the very beginning.

I'm all for the game giving options to players such as yourself, such as the unlock console commands that exist for both BB and CAS. I fully support their inclusion for that playstyle.

The thing is, with TS4 very little of the game supports people who do want some kind of goal oriented gameplay, as compared to previous versions of the game. That was my point.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes
    cyncie wrote: »

But this assumes that all players want goal oriented games. I am far from being a “participation trophy” person, having earned three college degrees and graduated at the top of my class nationwide. But, my style of gameplay is narrative. I use the game to act out fictional stories I have created. If a Sim is wealthy at the start of my story, I’m not going to “earn” their luxuries. I’m going to cheat them in so the character is in their proper role for my story at the very beginning.

I can relate to your play style, as it sounds very close to mine. I have done some rags-to-riches type gameplay as part of some ongoing stories, and yes, those sims usually have to earn whatever they end up with later. But the story definitely always takes precedent over the actual method by which any sim attains "all their stuff."
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No
    I would, but you have to use the cheat before going into CAS so I usually forget
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I rarely unlock them, but have done it a few times.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    No
    Nah, I don't bother with it. I guess I'm becoming that obnoxious person who's always bleating about custom content, but I hardly use EA/Maxis clothes at all. CC is a lot more to my taste. I don't use much build/buy CC though, so do unlock a lot of hidden objects for that.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    No
    I didn't until I saw this thread and realized it was a thing. I've played this game almost since release, and never knew there were cheats to unlock the CAS items.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yes
    @Onverser wrote: »
    but you have to use the cheat before going into CAS

Not really, just add a household from the Gallery with #unlockedcas to your current household and delete this new sim.

"this is a sim i quickly created with all possible unlocked items. feel free to use and have fun :)
    #allunlockables #unlocked #unlockeditems #unlockables #skilledsim #careerunlocks #unlocked #unlockedcas"

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/596BC7845A2C11E9818E048C513C46C4

• MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No
    No. If it's locked it usually means that it's something my Sims have to earn. They'll unlock it when they earn it.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    When I'm designing a sim for the sake of designing I unlock everything. I don't play those sims, I just like making them. If I want one of my played households to have those items, then they have to work for it.