Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuilding San Myshuno - Recreation Center (SanMyshuno Youth Center) on page 4

Comments

• LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,791 Member
    Your reno is so cute! <3
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    Very lovely makeover of the Hakim apartment! :) Very nice layout, lovely pink, blue, green colours, and the furnishing of each area is very nice! Very nice bathroom wall and floor tiling. The bedroom designs, layout and furnishings are great! They suit well the background details of each sim. The wall decor and wallart give a great look and feel to the bedrooms. Very lovely corner dining nook in the kitchen area with vase of pretty flowers and very nice wall decor.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    @Lissykin @rosemow Thank you both! I'm glad you like it!

For anyone interested : The next project will take quite a bit more time : I want to get started on SanMyshuno park.
    It's been forever since I last posted! I barely played the sims this past year, but I'm finally done remaking the San Myshuno Meadows! As I discussed earlier, I tried to make it an interesting place for all kinds of city folks to go to for various activities. Here are a few pictures, though the colors are slightly less vibrant than in build mode because spring just started in my save file.

Wanting to respect the descriptions of the city and such, I decided to keep the old telescope, but I put it on a tiny hill to give it some height.

5z9UOpo.png

When sims spawn on the lot, they are right next to an ice-skating rink.

f0cHAbG.png

Various plants line the path around the rink towards the main building. There are a couple bathrooms, as well as the inside part of a wedding venue : tables and buffet tables, as well as a microphone.

cZ32rRY.png

EOgPWEf.png

fTD0o17.png

It's still set up mainly for outside weddings.

d6YB7H4.png

The wedding venue is right by a pond and "asian garden" (inspired by the botanical garden where I live) with a tiny tower containing just one cosy room for sitting among the plants and enjoying the view.

LyZT7xy.png

BkfIofg.png

hongCAP.png

When heading the other way from the skating rink, there is room for sims to bring pets and family, starting with a fenced dog park.

8XwRq8q.png

WpvT3hF.png

There's also a tiny playground.

6h86sA4.png

FqRIKrn.png

In one corner, there is a greenhouse with tropical plants and equipment to learn gardening and flower arranging.

lol2ylq.png

ozqFUez.png

5Uk2OBF.png

Finally, there's a tiny spot near the pond for sims looking for a little more quiet.

r6YpNIf.png

So... that's a lot of pictures XD Let me know if the page struggles to load.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Wow, so gorgeous <3
    @mightysprite Thank you! It took quite a while, with me getting tired of it or discouraged often as I worked on one little part at a time, but I'm happy with how it came out.
    edited March 2023
    Very lovely park! :) The design and layout is great! Very nice skating rink, dogs park and kids playground areas.The outdoors wedding area and inside wedding reception room are lovely :)
    @rosemow Thank you for the kind comments!
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    It looks very beautiful.
    Thank you!
    I completed a quick little build this week, "renovating" the apartment at 910 Medina Studios. Since it's locked with the Needs TLC lot trait, I decided to keep it somewhat grungy, but with some nice furniture and decor. I imagine the sim who lives there, a hopeful comedian who just moved into SanMyshuno, struggled to find a good, affordable place that would allow big dogs, so the walls are water-damaged and the kitchen and bathroom equipment is a little cheap, clashing a little with everything the sim brought in himself. I was also puzzled by the tiny window in the kitchen and the general layout. Wanting to keep the plumbing in the same area and to create some division in the main area, I opted for a diagonal wall with an archway and a somewhat strange kitchen layout (though not much stranger than what I've seen in some apartment where I live). I also tried to make it look lived in without cluttering too much. I hope you enjoy this build! It can be downloaded on the gallery here.

Here's a look at the weird layout and amusing entrance decoration.
    ixenihM.png

I'm not entirely sure what I was supposed to do with this tiny window on the same wall as a giant one, but this is how it came out.
    TOnV4MH.png

The living room doubles as an office.
    6Ycp0LA.png
    eX1ivq7.png

The bathroom looks a little sad despite his attempt to bring in some modern elements.
    Dn7NzZQ.png

Finally, here is the bedroom.
    Gx3POkP.png
    dWBWfVu.png

I've also uploaded the household to the gallery.
    34CHbM8.png

Your renovation of the apartment is great! :) Very nice furnishing of the areas to suit the background theme of the sim who lives there and the theme of the apartment. The green, grey, and white colours are very nice.The design of the entrance area is great! Very nice kitchen and dining room. The sim will like cooking using the oven and microwave, as well as making popcorn snacks. Very nice design of the living room and office. The window study desk area is great for the sim to enjoy looking out at the city views whilst using the computer,and enjoy the sunlight through the window whilst watching tv. The plants are a nice touch on the dresser in the bedroom.
    @rosemow Thank you for taking the time to look at my build and to comment! I'm glad you like the living room / office space. It's one of the spots where I'm happier with how I used all the space, despite needing to leave the utilities accessible.
    edited March 2023
    And yet another apartment renovation is done! There's only one left to do in the Arts Quarter, but I'll likely take a little break from building to play around with the new patch. This one is the 920 Medina Studios, for which I largely kept the old layout, just adding one platform in one of the rooms. Because of that, on the gallery, it is split into two downloads. I'll try to add gallery links when the gallery web page works... Edit : Here are the links for the main build and the platform

This apartment is set up for one couple and I turned the extra bedroom into an art studio, since the sims there are a high-level painter and a politician (destined to be a charity organizer). I imagine they came from Selvadorada and managed to really personalize the space. I know the perfect tiles for them are unlikely to be a thing in a real apartment, but it just looked so perfect and I figured maybe the artist got the privilege to choose them when renovations were required? Anyways, on to the pictures!

The corridor hasn't changed that much. Let's head to the kitchen, dining and living.
    1A920Hn.png

hOp7fB5.png

HH9inq9.png

fJ8acWQ.png

The bathroom has matching tiles. I tried to use a little more clutter than usual, but not so much that it would become unusable. I always find this a difficult balance to strike in bathrooms.
    Y6U60Ii.png

T3nfIcQ.png

The bedroom is quite simple.
    uRu2J7U.png

SMgyOFf.png

Finally, the art studio. I imagine some of the things here are keepsakes and souvenirs for inspiration, and some of them were made by the artist sim.
    n7Is1ZO.png

1IrORRG.png

NAXTcsd.png
    Post edited by SerraNolwen on
    Your makeover of 920 Medina Studios is lovely :) Very nice design, furnishing and colours used in each area in the apartment. The patterned wall tiles on the kitchen and bathroom are pretty. Very nice kitchen and dining area and lovely patterned dining table. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the kitchen corner counter. The patterned wall hanging and rug are very nice and suit the artist theme of the build. The art studio with platform section is great! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel and doing woodworking on the table. The candles are pretty. Very nice corner design :)
    edited October 2023
    Wow! It's been quite a while again! In the past few months, I've played a few of the households a bit so they would have history, relationships and such, but I also didn't play nearly as much as I thought I would. Well, no matter! The family that owns the italian restaurant in San Myshuno is now fully set up and on the gallery, and I've fully renovated their apartment at 930 Medina Studios, which means I am done rebuilding the Arts Quarter!

Gallery name : 930 Medina Apartment Reno
    Gallery link : https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/84995C635FBF42D88840C1C81E196D0D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SerraNolwen&max=50&maxis=false
    Extra pictures on imgur : https://imgur.com/a/Ta13XCA

The floor plan includes three bedrooms (parents, grandma and two small children), two full baths and an open space for everything else.

TzsLIzl.png

The entrance has a half-wall to put seating against and to separate it from the rest with obstructing the view.

JJARy8r.png

When furnishing the shared living spaces, I wanted to make it work for children, but not seem fully invaded by their toys, so there are a few details (high chair, ram-shaped seat and a basket of toys), but otherwise I wanted it to look comfortable and well thought-out for adults to enjoy and so that they could eventually invite guests.

ClvYB7m.png

VcYP2PR.png

kbEnTqf.png

ITwEzsj.png

When it came to the kitchen, since Laura is a cook and restaurant owner, I wanted it to be well equipped (and have a really good coffee machine), but also a bit more traditional, sort of reminiscent of Tuscany, though I ended up including gold because of the appliances and blue because I just love that tile from Jungle adventure. Along with good appliances, there are more traditional, proven tools : cast iron pots and pans, wooden utensils. The lemons also reminded me of Tuscany.

QlhZaLP.png

6Gymu16.png

Some of those pictures in the corridor kind of reminded me of Italy :

smVPHdW.png

For the kids bedroom, it's a little cramped because it has everything for a toddler and an infant, but I wanted it to include lots of fun toys and decor, as this is really their space, and the mom is family-oriented.

dD5BpaH.png

loOqPVh.png

m963IBt.png

This is the main bathroom.

BAbRXvV.png

The grandma has kindly agreed to take the smallest room so the kids could have more space. It is very small, but still has room for her easel.

5xW4qCP.png

The rest of the space is just for the parents so they can enjoy some peace and quiet. Again, the picture near the desk kind of reminded me of Italy.

o8CTErE.png

ZfR2Wre.png

7yVPrrt.png

y4F2CfS.png
    930 Medina Apartment Reno is a lovely renovation of the apartment! :) Very nice design and layout. The furnishing of each room and area is lovely. The bedrooms are very nice. The entrance sitting nook is great, and very lovely open plan living areas. Very nice patterned wall tiling in the kitchen.
    I'm not sure if I replied in the other thread or not, but thank you again for the comments, @rosemow ! It's always nice to know this thread is still seen by someone.

I've also just completed another (very quick) renovation! I'm moving on to the Spice Market, since I had already done one apartment there. This is 19 Culpepper. Since it's an apartment with the "needs TLC" lot trait locked in and some undeletable mouse holes, and I have a single mom working as an orderly and taking care of her two children living there, I wanted to keep it somewhat low budget... and I failed. XD Well, it's not that expensive, but I didn't manage to keep it as a starter build. I was just too attached to the aesthetic and color scheme I had in mind.

Anyways, it's still a small apartment, with the children sharing a bedroom, though I love the space on the balcony.

Gallery name : 19 Culpepper apt reno
    Gallery link : https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C867E590172A4C8796A23208CD643423?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=SerraNolwen&max=50&maxis=false

KYmUR5M.png

I tried to use weathered flooring and simple white walls, as it is often in older apartments. I also kept the entrance and kitchen very simple with fairly cheap equipment and minimal decor other than children's crafts.

Wqiw7Is.png

K2nyOKk.png

However, the dining and living room area are a lot more colourful. I opted for somewhat mismatched furniture, but still made it fun and... cohesive in its chaos? The whole look started from me wanting to use the golden lamp from Wedding Stories, as I liked the middle eastern fairytale look of it (extra shiny, elegant and colorful, though looking more traditional/ancient). I decided to pick furniture that hopefully wouldn't look too luxurious, as if this sim carefully picked out a mix of used furniture and decorative elements that reminded her of home to give it a joyful look.

0SCkdL4.png

Hda8sKy.png

Q0TC4r0.png

I also wanted this sim to have a gardening hobby, so I made use of the balcony for that as well as some more whimsical items to enjoy.

tyqn5YU.png

Hd3fQCG.png

The bathroom is a little cramped, but fully functional.

LI8ybKO.png

nQTJUtj.png

For the bedrooms, I decided to allow my sims to have some color on the walls, but I opted for slightly faded paint in the mom's bedroom. The choice of furniture otherwise still obeys to the same intent as the living room : items with a traditional/antique middle eastern vibe and furniture that might be a little older, bought second hand. I had some extra room, so I added a chess table.

50DQ4V1.png

HtXXcdU.png

Finally, there's the children's room, with furniture that looks newer and somewhat cheaper, but going all out on bright colors and decoration so the kids don't feel like anything is being held back (despite sharing a room). I also wanted some more hot pink, but without getting it all over the place, so I threw in some wallpaper and wainscoting (along with the bookshelf) to divide the room and make a space that feels a little sheltered for the daughter.

miKoIxX.png

WowNwBl.png

ez90Ato.png

19 Culpepper apt reno is a lovely family apartment! :) Very nice open plan living area and lovely furnishing of each room and area.The colors and patterns are very nice and great bedrooms.Very nice outdoors dining balcony:)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Nice improvement on the original floorplan too!
    @rosemow Thank you for commenting!

@mightysprite Thanks! Yeah, that was one important thing to me. For once, there's a balcony, I wanted it to be accessed through common areas. (And to avoid giant bedrooms.)
  • BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    Some awesome work there. I love redeveloping a world and putting my own stamp on it, did it with Brindleton Bay and now gone back to Willow Creek and working my way through all the lots there. Something oddly satisfying about it, lol
    @BearyBry Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my builds. I'm really enjoying the project, even though it I'm taking my sweet time with it (life gets busy and I don't always feel like building). Do you have a favorite?

I'd also be curious to see what you did with Brindleton Bay and what you will do with Willow Creek. Will you be posting pictures here once you get full member status?
  • BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    @SerraNolwen I love the Arts Centre and penthouse restaurant.

My plan is to get my redevelopment projects included here in their own threads once I'm a full member, but things have been a little busy in the real world to properly spend time on this forum.
    @BearyBry Haha, I totally understand that. Well, now that you have member status (looks like you just got it!), you can show us when you have some time. I hope I'll notice. If you somehow remember me by the time you make the thread, please tag me! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top