Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you make a million dollars?

I find this scenario so hard. I already gave up in one save but I want to try again. What is your strategy? Does it take a really long time?

Comments

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited December 2021
    I have not attempted any scenarios, but if I were to try it to accomplish it ASAP, I would:
    • begin in a tiny home to build skills faster
    • focus on gardening and painting
    • complete the fabulously wealthy aspiration for the shrewd trait which pays Sims 5% of household funds at the end of every week (ex. if you have 500,000 simoleons, you get paid 25,000).
    • optimize lot traits, Sims' traits, and aspiration rewards/points

This makes me want to try it. :)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'm focusing on her career and painting, mostly. I tried gardening again, but its still messed up, with plants reverting to merely planted status. I get fed up (again) and just leave them alone. My sim is living in Sulani, doing the Conservationist career. This means quick and easy work from home and lots of free time to spend on her fortune aspiration, and to make money otherwise.

I can't do tiny living, its just too small for me. Sure, skilling is faster, but I also don't have much room for everything I want/need. Not going to sit here watching my sim just read books for all their skills. I plopped my sim down on the Admirals Wreckage, which cost (after remodeling) a bit under 20k. Near the Wreckage, there is a fishing spot. It contains over 20 species of fish. Including some pretty rare, valuable ones. You also get lots of other things there, like the Sulani collectibles, cowplant berries, crystals etc. AND its a good way to clean up the islands, too, by fishing up invasive species and seaweed/driftwood. So, because fishing still works as intended, I do that instead of gardening. Until they can finally fix gardening, then its back to my green thumbs.

This scenario IS hard. I've only ever had a million once in all my years of simming. There's no need, even half of that is more than a sim or family needs. Unless you build them a 64x64 4story tall mansion. Plus a basement. Or two. The only time I've had a mill, is when my sim won the lottery last year. The struggle is real, there's just no getting rid of that money without cheating. There are no expensive items to buy, no luxury cars or second homes. Retail/restaurant just isn't attractive enough for me to get into, or I could have blown away a lot of money on that. TS3 had cars, and as far as I remember, a 72k jet plane lawn ornament XD I remember 2 of my sims getting that as a wedding gift, I believe from the Shallows hahah Now, THOSE are things we could be spending an obcene amount of money on. But alas....
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I’d marry Judith Ward, move in with her, divorce her and move her out, sell the mansion, befriend the Bailey Moons, move in with them, move them out, sell the mansion…I think we’re getting close to a million there. If not, rinse and repeat. Just like in real life. 😎
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I’d marry Judith Ward, move in with her, divorce her and move her out, sell the mansion, befriend the Bailey Moons, move in with them, move them out, sell the mansion…I think we’re getting close to a million there. If not, rinse and repeat. Just like in real life. 😎

Yep, been there, done that. I mean... Wait. I mean... Where are your morals, young man???!!!

(probably the same place as mine.) :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    You're giving me ideas, people :D If my girl wasn't a very happily newly married woman.....Not for money though, she found herself an unemployed beach bum! XD
  • Josh83Josh83 Posts: 3 New Member
    Don’t have to marry anyone or even make relationships. Start a new game. Have your sim move from house to to in manage households. Tear down the house and move to the next one till you have 9,999,999 dollars. Save that sim to your library. Add that sim to any household and get their $ too. You can delete them after.
    As for the scenario…
    New scenario, making money, start with existing save, move new sim onto empty lot, then go to manage households and move them into a household that has at least a mill. Scenario complete!
    Repeat over and over to get 5000 points for each household member.
    Points are not transferable but potions are. Buy them and transfer them before you delete the extra Sims in cas.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    I built a tiny home, gave my sim the collectors aspiration, and joined the scientist career. Also had a garden. I bought a ton of easels and made a painting club. At level 5 career I could make the cloning machine so cloned my sim three times. Once my sim had completed a collection I could sell collectibles to the Simsonium museum. I started at 0 and took 34 sim days to complete the scenario. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I only just restarted this, my new sim is a freelance photographer. He takes heaps of pictures and sells them for quick cash.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited December 2021
    I did this with gardening (wasnt a goal, just incidental gameplay!). Starting with just ordering roses on the phone to plant. Eventually my sim had several greenhouses with lilies, birds of paradise and dragon fruit. Although it def helps to have the fortune aspiration perks.

One of my sims is going to get this thanks to a bug. They bought a money tree but everytime they sell the fruit it goes in their household inventory instead....they now have a money tree orchard! :D
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    So many new ideas to try, thank you!
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I think in one of the many scenarios threads there was someon who described how they made a million simoleons from gardening. It involved some planning with skills, evolving plants, and planting and harvesting some expensive plants.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    My quickest run was growing an orchard of money trees. When the first one is ready for harvesting I pulled it into the household inventory to make the fruit fall off then set the tree back in place and planted the fruit to grow more trees. Had an orchard of 16 money trees when I completed the scenario in 22 game days, could probably beat this by fine tuning how often I plant to grow new trees vs just selling the fruit.

My most recent run at the scenario took considerably more time but was a lot more fun. I didn't let him have any money from dragging items to the inventory Sell window, instead he had to sell everything on the "Come and Get it Street Sell" table in City Living (Jungle Adventure has one too) and "The Street Gallery" object for paintings. Since he couldn't afford one at the start he had to survive for over a game week until the flea market came around and use a table there and keep everything sellable in his bloating inventory (I let him clear out stuff like rotting fish and money cheated away any cash that came from that). Once he made it to a flea market he managed to sell enough to buy his own table and an unfinished apartment, then after furnishing the apartment with the bare basics he started working on paintings and selling those on the Street Gallery he later bought. After a while of spending a couple days making paintings then selling at 300% markup in marathon street sells that left most of his needs in the yellow and red he completed the scenario in a little over a game year.
    The cake is a lie
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I just finished it in 56 sim days. I suppose I cheated a lot LOL. Nikita has the kleptomaniac trait. This was extremely useful in getting household items as well as things I could sell for cash. I (as a player) would replace the expensive things she stole so she could steal them again. I laugh every time I scroll over items and see the label stating where the item was stolen from.

I put money vaults in several houses so she could rob them. I could have cleaned them out and made my million in a sim day, but I dragged it out as long as I could stand it. I waited till after Nikita and Cassie had finished University to get that last 75K.

Bella Goth split from Mortimer. She and Cassandra moved in with Nikita, bringing a load of cash. Bella had finished the fabulously wealthy aspiration, so they got money each week - this really mounted up quick. Bella started painting while Nikita increased her Handiness skill, and they sold the paintings on Plopsy. Bella also writes novels. Nikita made a lot of the chairs and tables in the house, and did all repairs herself. She wouldn't let Bella buy anything for a long time, but eventually Bella insisted that one kitchen counter was just not enough!

I started her in the garage apartment of an empty 2 bedroom house. I didn't add any furniture or other bath fixings until after Bella and Cassie moved in, and even then I went as cheap as I could. I gave Bella the neatness trait so she went around cleaning everything - that way we didn't need a maid.

Cassandra grew flowers in a greenhouse in the back yard.

Nikita got a scholarship to University and lived at home, so she never had to pay any tuition.

I had a lot of fun.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    One reason I felt ok about cheating with the vaults was that it is so pointless to go up to a million. I think 500K would have been more than enough to make a challenging scenario. Even 250K would be a good goal. Now these three ladies have so much money it is ridiculous. I don't know what to do with them. I am considering moving the girls out and starting them as spell casters, since I haven't played that yet. If I do I'll need to decide where to put them. I'm also considering beginning the millionaire scenario again - silly as it sounds, I liked having that goal. Maybe I'll do that with someone else, while my kids (Nikita, Cassandra, and Blair, my new boysim) become wizards!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited December 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I think in one of the many scenarios threads there was someon who described how they made a million simoleons from gardening. It involved some planning with skills, evolving plants, and planting and harvesting some expensive plants.

Could have been my post, and there was another poster after me who used a similar approach. The idea is to use the chemical analyzer to "analyze" a carrot before planting and then again right after harvesting. Analyzing has a high chance of improving a seed's/fruit's quality. Repeat this until you have perfect carrots and then graft cuttings of expensive plants onto them. It helps to send your sim to work as a scientist for a couple of days. On the side you can run juice fizzers, churning out lily water. One sim can operate nine of those.

Buuuuut I recently added Seasons to my game and now the overhead cost has gotten a bit high, with the need to shelter plants and also to shelter my sim. I had to remodel my whole farm that I built with the perfect carrot method and now I'm not so certain anymore if my scheme still works. Or rather, work it still will, but it may not be the most efficient anymore compared to woodworking and painting. (On the upside: amazing thunderstorms and snow everywhere :) )
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I am a little less then halfway to that amount in my scenario.
    I created a Sim I named Luna Moon, and Clement Frost happened to be the first Sim that encountered her. Long story short, he called to come over to flirt, she was into it, and they got married. It was halfway, but Luna is having Clement's kid.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    • Wait for someone to win the lottery and make a note of who it is.
    • Find them in game and move their household in with yours.
    • ????? (aka go Black Widow on their butts.)
    • Profit.
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    edited December 2021
    I leveled up spellcasting alongside the potion aspiration, so i could get aspiration points, bought a money tree seed. Used Copypasto on it multiple times, planted like 11 trees, boom. 1 million within normal lifespan. No reason to stop at 11 trees either, if you are in a hurry.

Felt like cheating though, lol.
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am trying this one out with a rags to riches just to see if I can accomplish it. I just bought CL, using simple living and off grid my sim is a gardener and so far, I am struggling will see what happens. I like the idea of an orchard that may help out. Glad I found this thread.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    If we're using meal tickets, you can save time by simply waiting until a sim wins the lottery. Seduce them, move them in and then kill them for easy profits.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Here I am trying to figure out how to get rid of millions. We really need some luxury items that cost A LOT of simoleons.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I'm so excited to try this scenario again! :smiley: My Sim will live in a tiny home on the sulani island treasure hot spot, have the collector, kleptomaniac and genius or creativity trait. I will focus on gardening, painting, writing and treasure hunting. I'm going to look for a rich husband and steal his fortune. Then I'm going to retire in a Sulani mansion with a handsome merman and spend my days suntanning on the beach. Wish me luck!
    [quote="Josh83;c-18019348"]Don’t have to marry anyone or even make relationships.[/quote]

Edit
    They changed it. I just tried again and you do have to move in as a social interaction.
    Everything else I said still works tho
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    edited December 2021
    keekee53 wrote: »
    Here I am trying to figure out how to get rid of millions. We really need some luxury items that cost A LOT of simoleons.

Could donate 1,000 Simoleans 1,000 times ... Of course there's a cool down period between donations.
    Buy multiple vet clinics and retail stores. Have had sims live and run retail stores on the same lot, just may try using this to have my sim own multiple houses under the guise of businesses.
    The cake is a lie
    Nevermind. They changed it so moving cancels scenarios apparently.