Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use "Sharing is caring" NAP ?

Comments

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    No
    I cannot imagine a time when I would want to use that NAP.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    No
    I don't use any NAPs. I bought the pack (half off) for the other stuff, and only after I was assured that turning off voting was working as it should. I have spent countless hours building and decorating lots; I don't want them looted. And I'm just not interested in trying out any of the others.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    No
    Absolutely not, it's the worst.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I don't even use Eco Lifestyle because of NAPS, especially that one.
    I plan on giving it another chance because I do want community lots, a certain hairstyle, shipping crate wall papers, solar panels and windmills, and the fabrication machine for my Decor store owner that also provides interior decorator services.

But going through all that trouble to avoid a major game play feature makes it a least favorite pack.

Is disabling NAPs not a thing? Like in settings? I thought it was.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    No
    I don’t use it. I use the Disable NPC voting setting, which is fine enough for me.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    No
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I don't even use Eco Lifestyle because of NAPS, especially that one.
    I plan on giving it another chance because I do want community lots, a certain hairstyle, shipping crate wall papers, solar panels and windmills, and the fabrication machine for my Decor store owner that also provides interior decorator services.

But going through all that trouble to avoid a major game play feature makes it a least favorite pack.

Is disabling NAPs not a thing? Like in settings? I thought it was.

I don't believe it was working properly when I first bought it.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No
    All that N.A.P did was ruin builds Ive worked on. Chaos for my sims is fine, not for builds Ive worked on.
    Found a mod that basically ignores the N.A.P. when its in effect and I love it to death.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    No
    Technically no. It’s still active in my game but modded to do something completely different.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    Nope. I find no use for any of the NAP. I do not see them as fun gameplay.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited December 2021
    Of course, as a criminal behavior
    @NorthDakotaGamer

If the NPC vote is disabled, it works as Neighborhood Trait.

For example :

Oasis Springs and StrangerVille + Water Conservation : it's a desert, water is limited.
    Britechester + Free Love : The students only think about love without limit.

No
    @NorthDakotaGamer

If the NPC vote is disabled, it's similar to Neighborhood Trait.

For example :

Oasis Springs and StrangerVille with Water Conservation : it's a desert, water is limited.
    Britechester with Free Love : The students only think about love without limit.

I only play traditional family style gameplay and only to relax from stress. I have the voting turned off and the game still ends up choosing one to enact, even if there is ZERO voting from NPC or my sims. As I said, I don't see them adding anything to my personal game.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    No
    @LeGardePourpre, I like your thinking...just stands to make sense to make those NAPs for the desert. I love playing in OS.

Every neighborhood I build in has to get their NAPs set, usually with the shift/left click mailbox to set mine. I usually use, clean energy, clean water, self- sufficient, tech support, support the arts, rock body, and a couple of others. The funniest is when the techies' have their electricity turned off for the day, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    No
    Hell no. I love the eco living pack except for this feature. One time I was playing and thought I was going crazy noticing things going missing in the house, turns out this nap had been voted in. Now I have naps switched off haha sorry sims 4
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    No
    no, I don't care for the klepto trait either.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No
    Never. I always make sure it never gets enough votes to be a thing.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    No
    Kathykins wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The only NAP's I use are the ones to change the look of the evergreen harbour neighbourhoods. All the rest are off limits. I disabled voting from the very first minute.

I am thinking about creating a new save to test out NAP's once and enjoy the chaos before returning to my main save.
    I never use it. I always cheat 4 "safe" NAP's to every neighbourhood any of my sims live in. I don't need any of the other nonsense.

Just out of curiosity, which ones do you consider 'safe'

- Green gardening - place bee box OR that insect thing I can't remember the name of. I pick insect box, 'cause they don't have to be used, just placed.
    - Eco friendly appliances - I usually just upgrade a sink with Water recycler and the H2O one. No need to use Eco upgrade parts
    - Self-Sufficiency - Do activities like Fishing/Gardening/Handiness. My sims do this anyway.
    - Upcycling Initiative - Place a Fabricator OR a Recycler on lot. Don't have to be used, so can be tucked away in a basement or something.

Thanks. Eco Lifestyle is back in my game and I am enjoying it.
    I went with Clean Energy Production instead of Up Cycling Initiative. I can live with these.

My only problem is San Myshuno is smog city and the coughing is highly annoying.
    I turned off Build mode items grant game play effects and the Eco Footprint toggle is off, but that isn't helping San Myshuno.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Of course, as a criminal behavior
    A fun - or not so fun - detail is that sims who live in a Sharing is caring neighborhood unlock the ability to steal similar to klepto sims.

I noticed that when my main family brought their son, who lives with his mother, along to a museum visit and he had the option to steal there. When I moved the kid back home I checked and found that, as expected, Sharing is caring was active in that neighborhood. After repealing it he couldn't steal anymore.

I have a mod that makes stealing non-autonomous only, so for me this detail is a nice touch.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes
    It's possible other Sims will vote for it, yes, but my own Sims don't. However, the only reason I allow it now is because I have a Mod. The mod makes it so Sims exchange gifts instead of stealing, which is much better. Had NAPS turned off for NPC voting before the Mod because I didn't want to keep forever fixing broken venues. :)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    No
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The only NAP's I use are the ones to change the look of the evergreen harbour neighbourhoods. All the rest are off limits. I disabled voting from the very first minute.

I am thinking about creating a new save to test out NAP's once and enjoy the chaos before returning to my main save.
    I never use it. I always cheat 4 "safe" NAP's to every neighbourhood any of my sims live in. I don't need any of the other nonsense.

Just out of curiosity, which ones do you consider 'safe'

- Green gardening - place bee box OR that insect thing I can't remember the name of. I pick insect box, 'cause they don't have to be used, just placed.
    - Eco friendly appliances - I usually just upgrade a sink with Water recycler and the H2O one. No need to use Eco upgrade parts
    - Self-Sufficiency - Do activities like Fishing/Gardening/Handiness. My sims do this anyway.
    - Upcycling Initiative - Place a Fabricator OR a Recycler on lot. Don't have to be used, so can be tucked away in a basement or something.

Thanks. Eco Lifestyle is back in my game and I am enjoying it.
    I went with Clean Energy Production instead of Up Cycling Initiative. I can live with these.

My only problem is San Myshuno is smog city and the coughing is highly annoying.
    I turned off Build mode items grant game play effects and the Eco Footprint toggle is off, but that isn't helping San Myshuno.

Clean Energy is of course also a "safe" bet, I just don't want to litter my property with turbines and solar panels and whathaveyou :D Panels on the roof are fine though, I'd rarely see them at all. Turbines are also good for my handy sims, since they break constantly and they have upgrades too.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited December 2021
    I hate it. Relatives came over because I invited them and kitchen counters went missing. The relatives that visited had more money than the people they stole from, and it was so out of character. If I let a kleptomaniac in and they stole some type of clutter item that would be different. But, it was not expected from the peoples children to steal their kitchen counter. Dumbest Nap ever. It would have been better to make it a challenge for those who want things stolen. I hate to have to go in and use cheats to stop something.

What about neighborhoods that no one lives in? Is it still a thing there? I turned off NPC voting, but when I first downloaded Eco lifestyle when if first came out, I didn’t know things going missing was a thing, and it was put in one of my neighborhoods, before I could change it. As I play rotationally, I have no idea how many neighborhoods it ended up in. I also think the paper bag one is stupid. Neither has to do with the environment of pollution or anything really having to do with an eco lifestyle. I have a vanilla game and I don’t enjoy having to cheat. Why can’t they just put a button to let us choose naps for each neighborhood, especially those neighborhoods where people don’t own homes?
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    If we could turn this off I would finally play ECO Living.

You can turn it off by making it so neighbours don't vote. Only you vote.
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    These NAPs I'm hearing about are giving me Seinfeld finale vibes
    No
    fae_brass wrote: »

Unfortunately that does not turn off NAPS from being activated in a neighborhood. At least that is what I found. I have it all turned off with no one voting and the game just auto-generates to activate an NAP.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    No

Unfortunately that does not turn off NAPS from being activated in a neighborhood. At least that is what I found. I have it all turned off with no one voting and the game just auto-generates to activate an NAP.

Never happened in my game with voting off.

Game will tell you in popup that (annoying bug) , this and this has won the vote , but it is NOT active.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    No

Never happened in my game with voting off.

Game will tell you in popup that (annoying bug) , this and this has won the vote , but it is NOT active.

I have the same experience. The false pop ups are annoying but luckily they don't mean anything.