Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use "Sharing is caring" NAP ?

Hi,

Do you use this Neighborhood Action Plan ?

does_s10.png

Do you use "Sharing is caring" NAP ? 138 votes

Yes
5%
greydonnmannannaKarababy52musteniPeralCelSimsfiggy 7 votes
No
90%
Akl500Pcrocobauraauroraael14SimCrazyCK213bshag4lvKita5399Goth583IcewolfMonet11lisamwittPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarSusanaLeoteLavasm77elanorbretonCaitxcathaneulBoergeAarg61simgirl1010 125 votes
Of course, as a criminal behavior
4%
LeGardePourpreEmmaVaneCAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidtTTNsimmerBookBear 6 votes

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2021
    Spice Market, San Myshuno isn't a safe place, it's my Criminal neighborhood.

It's highly recommended to lock the door.

I also add "Roughhousing Encouraged".
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    No
    If we could turn this off I would finally play ECO Living.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    @alanmichael1
    You can turn off npc voting and naps in the option menu, as well as shift click on a mailbox to remove/add whatever ones you want, I think.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    In one neighbourhood only, the Shady Acres in Strangerville. My aliens and half aliens live there and their Sixam habits involve sharing everything, even their kitched counters! They just want to be reminded of their faraway home planet. There are no community lots, so no issue of stealing breaking those.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    @musteni

Good idea ! They could also collect stuff to build a new spaceship, who knows.

No
    BookBear wrote: »
    @alanmichael1
    You can turn off npc voting and naps in the option menu, as well as shift click on a mailbox to remove/add whatever ones you want, I think.

I know that, but I would love to play with the public voting enabled - just without this NAP.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'd never ever use it if I played Vanilla. I won't vote though as I don't play Vanilla.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    No
    I’d like to quote something I posted last year...
    In my opinion, knowing what ‘Sharing is Caring’ tries to achieve, I’d say making everyone kleptomaniacs certainly is not the right approach.

It’d be way better that this N.A.P. makes everyone in the neighborhood disregard the boundaries of houses (our active sims included), and sims would go about using others’ household items without being kicked out (or unable to kick others out).
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    No
    I would use it if it were restricted to the neighbourhood it applied to only. I recently had to go through all the hoods and removed all NAPs because this particular NAP was causing mayhem in all my bars and cafes.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited December 2021
    No
    I don't even use Eco Lifestyle because of NAPS, especially that one.
    I plan on giving it another chance because I do want community lots, a certain hairstyle, shipping container wall papers, solar panels and windmills, and the fabrication machine for my Decor store owner that also provides interior decorator services.

But going through all that trouble to avoid a major game play feature makes it a least favorite pack.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    I have voting for N.A.P's turned off. It's not a feature that I enjoy.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    No
    No, I'm too scared to try this one haha. I'm okay with sharing as long as they return it, are they gonna give it back? They ought to bring my stuff back otherwise it's stealing..
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    No
    I do use it. As I want to keep the voting on :)

I use a mod that stealing is turned as gifting eachothers :) But yes as it is a mod, voting "No" would be the right answer. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    No
    I feel like this is one of the NAPs that's there to essentially punish us for forgetting to vote. Like, your vote matters because otherwise a bad NAP could get voted in. There had to be some.

That said, I love your Sixam idea @musteni :)

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    No
    I don't hate it, but I never had a neighborhood set up where it made sense. I could see a situation, but I would want extra crowd control mechanics. Aka only community members have sharing privileges.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No
    I never use it. I always cheat 4 "safe" NAP's to every neighbourhood any of my sims live in. I don't need any of the other nonsense.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    No
    The only NAP's I use are the ones to change the look of the evergreen harbour neighbourhoods. All the rest are off limits. I disabled voting from the very first minute.

I am thinking about creating a new save to test out NAP's once and enjoy the chaos before returning to my main save.
    Kathykins wrote: »
    I never use it. I always cheat 4 "safe" NAP's to every neighbourhood any of my sims live in. I don't need any of the other nonsense.

Just out of curiosity, which ones do you consider 'safe'
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    Yes
    I use it, but I also use a mod (Stealing is Not Caring by Zero) that tweaks it so that it actually works as it should.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    No
    The way this NAP could have worked:

you invite a friend over, they notice something you have that they like and comment on how nice it is. You get a pop up allowing you to either say thank you, or you could share by giving them the item as a gift. Plus if you have retail in your game you get an additional option to suggest they buy it at whatever shop carries the item.Even better would be if traits determined how the Sims would respond. A shy sim might turn down the offer and a good sim host might still force them to take the item by slipping it in there pocket to discover when they get home.

Instead we get mass thievery another missed opportunity.
  • JDubtx81JDubtx81 Posts: 26 Member
    No
    No, I am not a fan of this feature. I always shift-click on a mailbox to repeal them straight away when I see roughhousing, or sharing is caring and a few others.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    No
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The only NAP's I use are the ones to change the look of the evergreen harbour neighbourhoods. All the rest are off limits. I disabled voting from the very first minute.

I am thinking about creating a new save to test out NAP's once and enjoy the chaos before returning to my main save.

- Green gardening - place bee box OR that insect thing I can't remember the name of. I pick insect box, 'cause they don't have to be used, just placed.
    - Eco friendly appliances - I usually just upgrade a sink with Water recycler and the H2O one. No need to use Eco upgrade parts
    - Self-Sufficiency - Do activities like Fishing/Gardening/Handiness. My sims do this anyway.
    - Upcycling Initiative - Place a Fabricator OR a Recycler on lot. Don't have to be used, so can be tucked away in a basement or something.
    No
    I feel like this is one of the NAPs that's there to essentially punish us for forgetting to vote. Like, your vote matters because otherwise a bad NAP could get voted in. There had to be some.

That said, I love your Sixam idea @musteni :)

That is generally right, but the problem are unplayed neighbourhoods. It is way to annoying to cheat the NAP away there - and impossible without a household. With NAP voting enabled it is basically pointless to build a downtown full of community lots because it will very likely be destroyed.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    No
    Atreya33 wrote: »

- Green gardening - place bee box OR that insect thing I can't remember the name of. I pick insect box, 'cause they don't have to be used, just placed.
    - Eco friendly appliances - I usually just upgrade a sink with Water recycler and the H2O one. No need to use Eco upgrade parts
    - Self-Sufficiency - Do activities like Fishing/Gardening/Handiness. My sims do this anyway.
    - Upcycling Initiative - Place a Fabricator OR a Recycler on lot. Don't have to be used, so can be tucked away in a basement or something.

Thanks
  • SimCrazySimCrazy Posts: 9,908 Member
    No
    I don't use any NAPs
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2021
    No
    Kudos to those who found a use for it. It's too much chaos for my game... and this is coming from someone who wants burglars in the game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/