Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do any of your sims prefer plump partners?

I have 4 male founding sims right now. Two prefer thin women, one prefers somewhat plump women, and the other likes fat women. (Two of them are bi, but they're choosing to marry women in order to perpetuate the tribe). They also have specific body shapes they prefer (like narrower or wider hips, thighs, etc.).

Do you ever have your sims prefer a certain body weight or a certain body shape, particularly ones that are outside the standard societal "ideal" image?
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Do any of your sims prefer plump partners? 62 votes

No. My sims rarely to never do that.
27%
Goth583SikoahGraceg01denswanBluelleSweetieWright_84ironknight35OldeseadoggeDominicLaurenceMonaveilSeashoreLiviaKynanSimmingalEnnael[Deleted User]Nate_Whiplash1ACruelButLovingGodGirlFromIpanema 17 votes
Yes. My sims sometimes to often do that.
45%
auroraael14bshag4lvGalacticGalStrangerthanBabykittyjadeblueyblueskybixtersEmmaVaneSindocatpammiechickCAPTAIN_NXR7KathykinsScobreDoodlyDoofusColton147147BreazonaRedShoe7HopeyStarrlogionInuMiroLover 28 votes
I never thought of that before, but now that I have the idea, some of my sims will do that in the future.
27%
crocobaurafreindlylolcchant86goodcakebaker62barracuda1574greydonntaydevDoloresGreyEnkiSchmidtAmandèleSERVERFRAElisetomBookBearjpsulsuldagdagBenjamilianSkanningShamae03 17 votes

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021
    Hahahaha This title gave me the giggles 😂😂
    I never thought too hard about it honestly. Most of my main sims are skinny by default probably because I don't play romance often so it doesn't matter much either way. But to have a variety of sim character personalities I do ​have this one romantic sim who prefers plump partners only.
    I like to have a variety of shapes in my game as neighbors though. So when I purge a neighborhood and fill them with my own sims it would be no fun if they were all just skinny.
    I like that this game has the ability for all different bodytypes. And with downloaded presets even more options.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I have to admit I think I have never thought or given my sims certain body shape or weight preferences. They just like whoever they like.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I never thought of that before, but now that I have the idea, some of my sims will do that in the future.
    I never thought of that before, but now when I think of it most of my female sims tend to gain lots of weight, even the married ones while their husbands remain slim and they eat the same food. Now I'll assume they like them chunky, but there is no weight discrimination in my game.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    My Sims don't have any weight preferences. They're free to like/love whoever they want to.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    All my sims are pansexuals.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I assign what my sims are attracted to retroactively for the most part. Daniel dated two red-haired women in a row? Bamm, it's fixed, he must be attracted to red hair, gotta mark this down in [adult mod]. (But he's bi, so the women part doesn't mean anything.) Gavin really hates the brown eyed twin, but is cool with the grey eyed twin? A-ha, I bet the grey eyes turn him on and let him forget that he dislikes the twins. Bonus points for Gavin's husband having grey eyes, that is further "proof".

Going by that logic, some of my sims might be attracted to heavy bodyshapes, it just hasn't registered to me yet.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I've never really thought about body types. My sims are attracted to who they're attracted to, and if it doesn't matter to them what they look like, it certainly doesn't matter to me.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    My games don't work like that--they get whoever I want them to have, regardless of who they might be attracted to. Most of my sims will get a sim I create for them--it's very rare that they'll have an NPC for a partner.

Body types; that varies greatly. If it's for comedic purposes, I will either give them either a very large or ridiculously skinny partner. But if it's a sim I like, I'll give them a partner that is relatively height-weight proportionate. If it's a female sim, she might have a curvy figure, or she might be more athletic--just depends on how I'm feeling that day lol
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited December 2021
    I use Wonderful Whims to determine who my sims are attracted to. If those sims are plump or thin then so be it.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    My sims will usually tell me if they're attracted to someone. I'll just play along with it, even if I've had someone else in mind. Body weight/shape doesn't matter. All my sims will work out anyway, or do yoga. They'll all be fit in no time.

I don't really bother to change their attraction settings. Not anymore. If I do, it'll be a quick attraction generation, instead of going into every detail.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    “Plump”?
    Excuse me. 🧐
    My sims occasionally date Ample Damsels. They’re lovely so they are. Great sense of humor. Always ready to party.

What’s ideal weight, when a person is the ideal person? 🤓
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't typically have my sims go for any specific race, color, size, gender, anything. Typically the first person they really "Hit it off" with, provided that person is not married already, is the person they end up with. I love adding shapes, sizes, colors and personality types into the mix to see what comes out the other end.

The result of my playstyle? Gender fluid, size inclusive, race embracing sims who just love to love and be loved.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited December 2021
    My sims have no rules when it comes to who they love.
    https://youtu.be/XplzAs0El2Y
    This song popped into my head reading through this thread. :blush::smirk:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I don't have a specific type for my sims, I pretty much go with whoever they are building a relationship with the fastest, because that's clearly who they like.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    Not something I think of guess it happens but I don't care about what people call society everything has a chance to be attractive to anyone doesn't matter, that said my sims don't over eat so I guess I don't really get thicker love buddies often unless I snag a townie. :D
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    Now that I think of it... no

I just tend to pair them with someone i think they'd be cute with
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited December 2021
    Back in the beginning of Sims4 when Pinstar's Legacy Challenge was released for this iteration, my Founder found himself attracted to a plump female Sim. They ended up the best of friends, before another Sim caught his eye. Joke was on Erik Cantrell, however. He fell for the other Sim, got engaged and as it turned out at their wedding, she suddenly aged into an Elder. Right after it was a done deal. This was before we had the age tags added, mind you. She didn't look like she was on the edge of becoming an elder. This totally messed things up. The whole point of the Legacy Challenge is for the Founder and later subsequent heirs to get to the 10th generation. Erik's legacy just went south. But I was able to build off of this story. And for the first time, ever, my Sim had woohoo out of wedlock. He brought his problem to his plump friend, who was madly in love with him, and she offered him a gift he couldn't refuse. They had woohoo and suddenly she was on the nest. They brought her to live with Erik and Maddie, using the lie that the pregnant Sims' baby daddy kicked her out on the street and she had nowhere to go. Maddie wasn't clueless, but she knew she was the guilty one. She tricked Erik into marrying her so she wouldn't die alone. She moved out of the master bedroom and said nothing of the fact that Erik slept with his obvious Mistress. It made for quite the story. Love doesn't limit itself to the perfect figure. There's more to a Siim than that. In fact, Erik and his Mistress died within hours of each other.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2021
    I’ve never noticed Sims autonomously preferring a body type, but they do seem to gravitate to specific other Sims. In a previous thread I commented that, for a game that supposedly doesn’t have an attraction system, my Sims seem to select each other in some way. One guy was literally being stalked by a certain townie, Lily Feng kept hitting on one of my Sims every time he went to a festival in San Myshuno, and my current game has a bromance going between Morgyn Ember and Guidry that I didn’t set up. In those cases, I go with the flow, no matter the body type.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    I’ve never noticed Sims autonomously preferring a body type, but they do seem to gravitate to specific other Sims. In a previous thread I commented that, for a game that supposedly doesn’t have an attraction system, my Sims seem to select each other in some way. One guy was literally being stalked by a certain townie, Lily Feng kept hitting on one of my Sims every time he went to a festival in San Myshuno, and my current game has a bromance going between Morgyn Ember and Guidry that I didn’t set up. In those cases, I go with the flow, no matter the body type.

Same here. What they like is what they like, and unless there are specific pre-existing story reasons against whatever that is, I let them have what they like.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Actually, it really doesn't matter to my sims. I make my sims mostly based on certain characters, for example if the character is skinny they stay that way, if they are very curvy or hugely muscular they stay that way.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    edited December 2021
    I don't have that mod that gives specific body shape preferences, and I don't really think of attraction as being specific to one body type or another. It's more about the overall look and sound of the person and their way of moving through the world at first, and then later it becomes more about who they are inside as you get to know them better.
    But, some of my sims have fallen head over heels for plump sims, and have not been involved with sims of other body types, so I answered yes :)

PS @QueenofMyshuno do you have any ongoing story threads these days? I loved that Vivian Lewis backstory one.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited December 2021
    I went out of my way to make my Cottage. Living sims less coverboy pretty. Robin, the long haired brunet, was generated as husky by the randomized. His boyfriend, Chris, doesn't mind. ;)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Sometimes. With serial romantics I may give them a body type or other physical preferences to narrow down the options I'll have them go for. My founding sim for my family rotational save definitely had a preference for curvy women and either muscular or fluffy men, not bony types.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I can’t think of any of my Sims who would have a preference for a specific body size. Some of my Sims have married people who would not be considered to be at a normative size, both extremely large and extremely small.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    My sims inevitably all turn into gym rats in the course of earning their reward traits, so I guess it naturally follows that my sims don't find chub attractive.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space