Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

INTRODUCING NEIGHBORHOOD STORIES - Bringing New Life to the Neighborhood

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Oh, and props to @Ellupelluellu for my favorite way of referring to sims' magical ability to produce things out of nowhere ("mops out of their butts"). :lol:
    [/i]

Haha :D Well I have never paid so much attention in TS4, but indeed in TS2 they really reach to their back pockets , to get that bloody mop :D:D
    They tend to more poop out the mop in the Sims 4. Same with the frying pan. It can get quite amusing. They put snot in the food while cooking too. So Sims 4 can get quite dirty in that way. Then again they do with the cell phones too so poop emoji would work well on their phones.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I don't find it intrusive at all. It's personally made my gameplay a lot more fun and interesting, but yeah, reading all these topics about phone calls today, that's crazy some of you getting calls from babies and toddlers and pets, wow, I've never had glitchy calls like that maybe you should uninstall and reinstall your games before your pet cat makes an alien baby what on earth is happening that is wild. My phone calls have never been interesting until now.

I get the hesitation, you can accidentally click an option and make a baby or change a career. There is no off button at this point, other than the silencer. I can't remember if you can just x out of the pop-up window. I really feel like we need an answering machine @SimGuruNate because otherwise there will be a lot of anxiety for many people if the feature can't be turned off. An answering machine, where if your phone is silenced then all Sims can leave a message with the details: Date invite, Festival invite, Hang out request, inheritance money, friendship/dating/career advice, financial donation requests .. then the Sim can choose to call the Sim back and initiate the event popup. That's what I do in real life. I never actually answer my cell phone. I only return calls after I listened to their message. I really want to block prank callers and Bess. Please make an answering machine :smiley:
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I don't find it intrusive at all. It's personally made my gameplay a lot more fun and interesting, but yeah, reading all these topics about phone calls today, that's crazy some of you getting calls from babies and toddlers and pets, wow, I've never had glitchy calls like that maybe you should uninstall and reinstall your games before your pet cat makes an alien baby what on earth is happening that is wild. My phone calls have never been interesting until now.

I get the hesitation, you can accidentally click an option and make a baby or change a career. There is no off button at this point, other than the silencer. I can't remember if you can just x out of the pop-up window. I really feel like we need an answering machine @SimGuruNate because otherwise there will be a lot of anxiety for many people if the feature can't be turned off. An answering machine, where if your phone is silenced then all Sims can leave a message with the details: Date invite, Festival invite, Hang out request, inheritance money, friendship/dating/career advice, financial donation requests .. then the Sim can choose to call the Sim back and initiate the event popup. That's what I do in real life. I never actually answer my cell phone. I only return calls after I listened to their message. I really want to block prank callers and Bess. Please make an answering machine :smiley:

Answering machines and/or email options would be awesome additions to the game. Like you, I'm a big fan of screening calls, and it's a very weird and alien feeling for me to answer calls in the game as quickly as possible (or lose the message forever, for good or ill). :confounded: There are a lot of nonsensical calls, yes, but I find a good bit of emergent gameplay from some of them, so silencing my (in-game) phone is not an option. Unlike real life, where blessed silence is my phone's ringtone. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)

Answering machines and/or email options would be awesome additions to the game. Like you, I'm a big fan of screening calls, and it's a very weird and alien feeling for me to answer calls in the game as quickly as possible (or lose the message forever, for good or ill). :confounded: There are a lot of nonsensical calls, yes, but I find a good bit of emergent gameplay from some of them, so silencing my (in-game) phone is not an option. Unlike real life, where blessed silence is my phone's ringtone. :lol:

Haha my real life cell phone is usually silenced too. Email popups in addition to the phone would be great too. Actually, I never check my Sims email on the computer. Does anything happen there? I know you can send email and get a little boost to social for that Sim.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

Haha my real life cell phone is usually silenced too. Email popups in addition to the phone would be great too. Actually, I never check my Sims email on the computer. Does anything happen there? I know you can send email and get a little boost to social for that Sim.

Unless there's something in a pack that I don't have, as far as I know, our played sims don't receive emails. Well, maybe if one counts phone texts, which I personally don't, because you can't store them to read later like email.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited December 2021
    A email system would be useful for that. :)
    Post edited by MoonCrossWarrior22 on
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    edited December 2021
    So someone advised my sim self to change his job and went from level 7 in a management job to babysitter where every day is his day off!
    Brd709 wrote: »
    So someone advised my sim self to change his job and went from level 7 in a management job to babysitter where every day is his day off!

I guess not everyone wants to work so hard in life. :joy: Seriously, that is my worst fear right there. It would be nice if they said what their current job is and what they want to do, so then you could make a more informed decision. If it was a babysitter who wanted to get a management job, I would likely agree. Just out of curiosity, if you go back in the previous career do you have to start over from the beginning or will you resume at level 7? I've always wondered that.

• Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    edited December 2021

I guess not everyone wants to work so hard in life. :joy: Seriously, that is my worst fear right there. It would be nice if they said what their current job is and what they want to do, so then you could make a more informed decision. If it was a babysitter who wanted to get a management job, I would likely agree. Just out of curiosity, if you go back in the previous career do you have to start over from the beginning or will you resume at level 7? I've always wondered that.

The game did give me the option to return to his level 7 post via 'find a job' after quitting his babysitter job. When i entered the household, the breifcase icon was flashing red but on his job panel it said every day was his day off.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    edited December 2021
    @Brd709 I have had that happen with townies who marry into or otherwise join a played household. The career they come in with says every day is a day off on the job panel, but they do have a work schedule that they need to attend- it just doesn't show up on the panel. You have to wait until autonomy kicks in to send them to work.

The first time, I found this amusing, a la
    5k66dnnmymlz.jpg

The second time and every time since, I've found a new career for those sims right away.

How did the "advise to change job" happen to you? Were you playing another sim and did that interaction on your simself while playing the other sim? Or did it happen autonomously somehow?

The game did give me the option to return to his level 7 post via 'find a job' after quitting his babysitter job. When i entered the household, the breifcase icon was flashing red but on his job panel it said every day was his day off.

It's good you can start back at the same level. :smiley:
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited December 2021
    Already seeing the negative effect this style of story progression has. My sims know so many other sims that the phone calls are intrusive. While there is a cool down, I also don't see it as random or realistic.
    Post edited by NorthDakotaGamer on
  • SansannaSansanna Posts: 37 Member
    I've liked this update so far but now something annoying happened.. My sim's (Siru) boyfriend called her, saying that he found a ring in her (Siru) stuff and asked what he should do about it. So he called his own girlfriend asking advice on their own relationship.. I'm still learning how the answer system goes, didn't think it through and just clicked the middle option of choose yourself. I thought that if I answer "no", that might damage their relationship, because I did want them to get eventually engaged. Well.. then I get a notification that Siru and her boyfriend just got engaged! So there I am, actively playing with her and suddenly she's just engaged with her boyfriend and got the moodlet "engaged".. Ugh. I'm a very story-driven player and definitely didn't want them to get engaged just yet and like this. Couldn't exit the game without saving because it had been a while since I had last saved..
    Gallery id: sannaljm
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2021
    Sansanna wrote: »
    I've liked this update so far but now something annoying happened.. My sim's (Siru) boyfriend called her, saying that he found a ring in her (Siru) stuff and asked what he should do about it. So he called his own girlfriend asking advice on their own relationship.. I'm still learning how the answer system goes, didn't think it through and just clicked the middle option of choose yourself. I thought that if I answer "no", that might damage their relationship, because I did want them to get eventually engaged. Well.. then I get a notification that Siru and her boyfriend just got engaged! So there I am, actively playing with her and suddenly she's just engaged with her boyfriend and got the moodlet "engaged".. Ugh. I'm a very story-driven player and definitely didn't want them to get engaged just yet and like this. Couldn't exit the game without saving because it had been a while since I had last saved..

Think of it this way, you’re not talking to the sim when you get the calls. You’re talking to the game AI. If you answer the “do what you want/follow your heart” option, the game makes the decision for the sim. “Yes” gives the game permission to create the situation. “No” denies the game permission. Nothing about your sims relationships will change unless you give the game permission to do it.
  • SansannaSansanna Posts: 37 Member
    > @cyncie said:
    > Think of it this way, you’re not talking to the sim when you get the calls. You’re talking to the game AI. If you answer the “do what you want/follow your heart” option, the game makes the decision for the sim. “Yes” gives the game permission to create the situation. “No” denies the game permission. Nothing about your sims relationships will change unless you give the game permission to do it.

Alright, that makes it more clear. Thanks!
    Gallery id: sannaljm
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    So a whole bunch of content from packs people bought. Got'cha. I'm unimpressed.

Not content, per se, but utilizing interactions etc. to further develop the stories of the NPCs. I think it's cool, myself. Plus, the choices are per game save, so you can feel free to choose what will go on in one save, that maybe you would rather not have in another save. I'm just worried that I should stop playing or restart this save anew come the 30th. :open_mouth:

@LiELF But, that's the beauty of it. He did mention some might not want to have their games infused with this. You can toggle it off, from the sounds of it. Be at peace and just keep playing your game the way you like it. Sounds pretty much like a Win-Win to me. As for the SP in Sims3, it was a joke. I used Twallen's Story Progression, it was so far superior. Except, things happened so fast that the Sim I created for one of my already placed Sims, got engaged moments after I plopped her into the game! LOL I was like, wait. All Stop! I did manage to amend the situation. Can't recall now if I restarted that game save (I may have) and was wiser when I put her back into the game the second time around. But the mod was fantastic.

I do like the amount of control Hugh mentioned we would have as players. I'm excited about this and I never expected to be.

omg that was the best <3 mod. I miss so many Sims/Sims 3 MODS :'(

• yeyeredsimmeryeyeredsimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    Well, when will the next neighborhood story get an update?
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @SimGuruNate your team didn't think of those PC simmers who use mcc command center to extend the number of days a sim is pregnant. I had a sim who had a friend supposedly get pregnant through the new Story Progression and my pregnancy lengths are 12 days(as I'm on a long lifespan and don't want my babies to be too close in age) and the expectant sim called just a few days later and said she'd given birth. She was never even pregnant to begin with!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    The game doesn't support mods and never did, so it's technically the modders who need to adjust their mods to properly function with EA updates, not the other way round.
    Not saying the feature works with all Vanilla lifespans, though, cause I didn't test it.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @83bienchen I'm just going to stick to MCC. It's honestly better than the update.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @SimGuruNate your team didn't think of those PC simmers who use mcc command center to extend the number of days a sim is pregnant. I had a sim who had a friend supposedly get pregnant through the new Story Progression and my pregnancy lengths are 12 days(as I'm on a long lifespan and don't want my babies to be too close in age) and the expectant sim called just a few days later and said she'd given birth. She was never even pregnant to begin with!

It’s up to modders to adapt to the game. Not vice versa.
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    @83bienchen I'm just going to stick to MCC. It's honestly better than the update.

Agreed, though I personally use neither.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The game doesn't support mods and never did, so it's technically the modders who need to adjust their mods to properly function with EA updates, not the other way round.
    Not saying the feature works with all Vanilla lifespans, though, cause I didn't test it.

Although I agree, the current implementation of this feature makes the game completely unplayable for me. They implemented it to be intrusive phone calls. Many simmers already vocalized that there are too many of those well BEFORE this happened. It also is implemented in such a way that it interferes with the flow of gameplay. I was cautiously optimistic about it, until I tested the feature.
    edited December 2021
    I couldn't agree more, @NorthDakotaGamer. That's the very reason I chose to disabled the whole thing by mod after testing it.
    Still, I'm happy for the players that enjoy the new feature.
    You can't always be among them. I didn't like scenarios as well, but I love CoL to pieces, so I'm grateful for that.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @HillyBeth Have you brought it up on the Discord server?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4