Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SDX (New Delivery March 24) Tattoos And More

Comments

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Another reason for me to stay offline for the rest of my TS4 days. I stopped patching my game when they announced the 1400 swatches to objects that I don't really use. My game is getting laggy, I need to control and limit what gets added. Not saying the new direct feature is wrong, but I think it would be better if one could get a note somehow in advance with the option to approve/disapprove on each delivery.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Thank you for the new hair. :love: Mele Kahananui in Sulani is now wearing it:

51730911562_1831d5598f_z.jpg

I love how you've styled your Mele! I think she's one of the prettiest pre-mades but I never know what to do with her. I thought about making her Sulani royalty.

The new hair is very pretty. I don't have it in my game yet but should have it in the next patch. :smile:
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    There are reports on the broken/updated mods thread that people using mods are having crashing issues since the first delivery. Makes me very reluctant to go back into game online.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited December 2021
    Another reason for me to stay offline for the rest of my TS4 days. I stopped patching my game when they announced the 1400 swatches to objects that I don't really use. My game is getting laggy, I need to control and limit what gets added. Not saying the new direct feature is wrong, but I think it would be better if one could get a note somehow in advance with the option to approve/disapprove on each delivery.

Agreed. When this feature was first announced I was actually pretty excited about it. For some reason I thought it was going to be a way to "opt in" or "opt out" for the content currently on offer. The excitement went the usual way of puffs of smoke when I learned it wouldn't be like that. I love that they do offer free content, but as you suggest, there can be too much of a good thing.

For me it's a bit like having generous and well-meaning neighbors leaving lovely fruitcakes and occasional other tidbits at my door often enough to be a problem. For one thing, I don't like fruitcake just because they think I will, and if I don't remove the ones they leave, they'll soon block entrance to my house. But if I do accept them, they think I like them. So they bring more. And soon there are too many even to re-gift or use as doorstops (something that fruitcakes are excellent for, by the way), so I'm forced to keep them in a room that I used to use as a bedroom and wish I could use as a bedroom again. And the tidbits that I do like? They sometimes get lost in all the confusion. Alas.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited December 2021
    "It's Christmas! Have some non-functional seasonal clutter decor!"

But you can bet we won't stop having Kits forced down our throats.

I am suspicious.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,083 Member
    My game loaded fine after the update and I have MCCC and some custom content build mode items installed with no issues reported so far.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Thank you for the new hair. :love: Mele Kahananui in Sulani is now wearing it:

51730911562_1831d5598f_z.jpg

Wow she looks beautiful. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Is the child version not showing up for anyone else?

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Really liking the new hair, hopefully we'll get more hairs with a similar hairline design :)

12-08-21-1-55-42-AM.png
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    So, let me get this right, the new hair isn't in the downloads folder, but is in the "content folder?" The only thing I have in my content folder is a file named, 1.content.beta.pc.1.0.1, is this it, because if it isn't, I don't have it.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    @bshag4lv

It should be like this when the content is installed

pbnbmgtb9r4v.jpg

Is it installed in the installation folders (program files) or under my documents where our save files and mods are?
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

@GirlFromIpanema Thank you! :smile: Sulani Royalty sounds like really fun gameplay. I think I will add some royalty to my game too.

@Goldmoldar Thank you! :smile:

Thank you so much everyone who gave likes to my Mele in Sulani and her new hair. It's really fun giving the premade Sims makeovers.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    @Atreya33
    Content Patch 1.0.1

Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 -> content

Thank you.
    So I suppose this means if we need to create a new sims 4 folder for our save games we have to redownload the SDX objects or copy them from an old save?
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    edited December 2021
    For those saying they can’t/don’t want to play online because of this, you can turn it off in settings before loading your game. Just uncheck the automatic download box, you can also choose “never” as an option for when the game checks for deliveries.
    fvRs1Js.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited December 2021
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    @Atreya33
    Content Patch 1.0.1

Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 -> content

Thank you.
    So I suppose this means if we need to create a new sims 4 folder for our save games we have to redownload the SDX objects or copy them from an old save?

Maybe it will download those items again if you create a new sims4 folder in your documents folder?

For people who may be wondering what Atreya33 and I are talking about, if you rename your sims4 folder in your documents folder (users/electronic arts) to something else, the game will create a new sims4 folder. This way you can have multiple sims4 folders if you want different saves that are using different mods. You just rename them to "The Sims 4" depending on which folder you want to use.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited December 2021
    *double post
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Just putting this here in case it helps anyone else. I too couldn't start my game (I'm using the beta launcher, not Origin). I use mods (all are current).

After I successfully downloaded the SDX content (the new hair), I tried re-launching the game. Nope. Right away, got an error message. I removed the new Content folder and tried again. Success! I checked to see if the new hair was still there and it was not (no surprise as I removed the entire Content folder). But, as I wanted that new hair, I thought I'd try some other things until, I did the following:

I saved the actual package files contained within the Content folder itself (the main package file is in one folder and the others are in another). I can't look now because I'm not on the computer I have TS4 on. Suffice to say, the main package file brings up the toddler hair and the other package files has the other data in them to allow the hair to be worn on children, teens, adults, and elders. So, you will need all of the package files for this one hair and, again, you have to dig through the Content folder to get them.

I saved these to have a backup of the hair. I also moved them into my Mods folder to see if they showed up. Of course, they did, just like any other package file. I will probably merge them into one package file, but you don't need to do this.

As Kita5399 pointed out, you can turn off the Sim Delivery system, which I did.

One thing I did have to do is exit out of the launcher entirely (not sign out, but exit, as shutting down the game itself doesn't shut down the launcher). Until I did this, I did keep getting an error message, but as soon as I exited the launcher, I was able to restart the launcher and play the game -- SDX off and with the new hair in CAS.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited December 2021
    If you want to find quickly this new hair in CAS, use "Basegame" filter and Long hair subcategory

fck48ar84had.jpg
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Just another way to stuff us with more low quality content we may well not want . The old way of updating worked fine for the most part so why now this new way that still needs a restart so not exactly any quicker and a pain if they only add one item at a time
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Fireplace Set! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

I love that fireplace set - I think that is the thing I am most looking forward to getting!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    I like the aprons for the kitchen.

Next decoration they should add : the oven mitt

19429510.jpg

• Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Did I see fireplace tools were next?! Yay! Best christmas gift ever! :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    @bshag4lv

It should be like this when the content is installed

pbnbmgtb9r4v.jpg

Ah, thank you so much!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.