Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Jones/Langerak/Goth Family, 2.0

1234568...Next

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Goth Family Day 336 to Day 340, part 2

gESTYl4.jpg
    On one of the days, the family ate breakfast together. I really need to remember to put some pants on Jacob.

6C1qY8q.jpg
    To try and get more tips, I had the band perform again.

TI5cKth.jpg
    Oliver called up Elizabeth for a chat. For the time being, their relationship is private and only they know about it.

hX8fLfG.jpg
    That night, a burglar showed up. Oliver was going to fight them, but Jacob got there first.

gK0hD5d.jpg
    NM7cbux.jpg
    Then it was time for Brandon and Lily to age up into adults. It was actually supposed to be the next day, but I figured that it was close enough.

bRH6eDC.jpg
    Brandon got a new shirt, while Lily got a new outfit.

VypbU9m.jpg
    Christa got another promotion. She's at the halfway point of her career, and she's still got 7 or 8 weeks left before she ages to adult.

PnYtHq2.jpg
    One of Lily's wishes was to flirt with another Sim. I had her do it, but it didn't end up counting.

ERsHR4X.jpg
    After eating supper, the family chatted with random Sims while Brandon ended up playing piano.

RVjRoLM.jpg
    A new potential love interest showed up when I was least expecting it. This girl's name is Melonie Sorenson, and she is related to a Sim that Elizabeth was married to. I checked her out in CAS, and I think she'll turn out okay. I'm going to have to stop his relationship with Elizabeth before I can proceed.
    Goth Family, Day 341 to Day 343, Part 1

PWJPKyx.jpg
    To start this part of the update, Jacob, Christa, and Oliver ate breakfast together. Lily did not join the family to eat, since she only eats when she wants to, being a PlantSim. Brandon has the Hardly Hungry reward, so he only usually eats about once per day, but he wasn't quite ready yet when I took this photo.

jc5uT22.jpg
    I happened to get a picture of Melonie Sorenson. A different angle might show her a bit better, but I think she looks like decent spouse material when she becomes a Young Adult.

wBz95me.jpg
    Oliver decided that a relationship between him and Melonie was starting to form, so he did the right thing by asking to just be friends with Elizabeth.

lYh3y2j.jpg
    Free from being a romantic interest to Elizabeth, Oliver was able to start flirting with Melonie. She was very receptive, and they were off to a good start.

Mf4Np06.jpg
    Of course, it wasn't happy for Elizabeth. Despite their age difference, she really liked Oliver. However, she was actually cheating on her husband when she and Oliver kissed a few updates ago, so I don't feel that bad for her.

6GX6YVf.jpg
    Since things were going well, I had Oliver confess his attraction to Melonie, then he moved in for their first kiss. He promptly asked her to be his girlfriend after that, and she agreed.

EJ0wTMs.jpg
    Oliver, Melonie, Carrie, and a Sim whose name I forgot had a water balloon fight.

zjrRxGs.jpg
    Brandon and Lily came to the park with Christa and Jacob. They decided to skate together, but then they both fell down.

Kq8M7Bm.jpg
    YYhDT0t.jpg
    Oliver and Melonie entered a hot dog eating contest together. Melonie ended up winning.

p7vaw08.jpg
    Oliver was just finishing up when this lady wet herself right behind him.

0zs8WJk.jpg
    The family was invited to a party held by Nate and Belinda Goth. Christa wanted to go to see Belinda, but she wasn't even at her own party. I found her at one of the local swimming pools, relaxing on a lounge chair.

STUPJpg.jpg
    Christa did get to meet her niece, Sabrina Goth, though. Sabrina, unlike her mother, will have dark hair when she is older. It appears Sabrina will look like her mother.

20OgD9v.jpg
    The following day, Lily practiced on the bass. She has already mastered the guitar, the piano/keyboard, and the drums. To complete her newest LTW, she has to max out all 4. Jacob ended up joining in, just to add some more sound.
    edited October 2022
    Goth Family, Day 341 to Day 343, Part 2

SHEJPVz.jpg
    Brandon still needed a bit more on his cooking skill, so he started using the woodfire oven. His country bread turned out fine, but he burnt the lasagna.

oex89x7.jpg
    Making food wasn't really enough to get him to the max of the cooking skill, so I had him buy the 3rd cookbook and read it at the library. That got him to level 10 in the skill. Now that he's an adult, I may have him join the culinary career.

O8GACrA.jpg
    Back at home, Brandon started reading the recipes he doesn't know. I'm not sending him to the vacation places, so he won't have those unless he learns them elsewhere. Oliver also read, but I'm not sure what I had him read.

82PHNFn.jpg
    I decided to throw a pool party for an end of summer bash. While waiting for the guests, Christa, Jacob, and Oliver enjoyed the sun.

VZvvBNd.jpg
    For a while, Lily played bass for tips. She got enough to get another promotion.

ZecG9HB.jpg
    Oliver was happy that Melonie and her parents showed up. He gave her a kiss, and she was mostly the only person he talked to.

YZXKOqy.jpg
    Jacob had a nice chat with Melonie's father, Chaim Sorenson.

E4eQxDY.jpg
    Two guests were Elizabeth, and Ivy Langerak. Ivy is Lily's only living sister as Rose and Holly both have passed.

gizxd90.jpg
    Even though it was a pool party, a lot of the Sims didn't join Brandon until the last part of the party.

UW5VXo3.jpg
    Oliver was chatting with her father after Jacob, so Melonie decided to see what her mother was up to. She was asking Ivy for an autograph, but Melonie seems either really confused or very angry at Ivy. I laughed at the look on her face. In the background, Elizabeth is tipping Lily yet again.

mvnxOJa.jpg
    Lily got invited to a party at the old Landgraab Manor. All the Landgraab's are deceased, and the descendants have all married into other families. Most likely, if I had longer lifespans, Geoffrey and Nancy might have had more children and the family might have stuck around longer.

Just for a quick history of what happened with the Landgraab's, let's take a little dive into their history in this save. Malcolm was the only child of Geoffrey and Nancy, and he ended up marrying Bella Bachelor. Mortimer married Bebe and Parker Langeraks daughter so that stopped a Mortimer/Bella relationship. Malcolm and Bella had one daughter, Anne Landgraab. Somehow, she ended up becoming a Keaton, whether through marriage, or if Bella got with a Keaton. Anyway, that was pretty much the end of the Landgraab name in the game. Anne was married at least twice, once to Otis Davenport, and also to Russ Andrews. Anne only had one child, Ivan Andrews. Elizabeth just so happens to be one of Anne's descendants. Christa and Belinda are also descendants of the Landgraabs, as are Chaim and his daughter Melonie, Oliver's current girlfriend. Also, I found out that Elizabeth is Melonie's grandmother.
    Goth Family Day 344 to 348, Part 1

BmK40Zj.jpg
    A random photo of Jacob after he just got out of the shower.

IFz8aE1.jpg
    Lily got the mail, with all the gifts people send them.

g3VEUcs.jpg
    Brandon has been continuing to learn recipes. He already has maxed out the skill, but he needs to learn the harder recipes. He also is about to join the workforce in the culinary career.

87s6QW6.jpg
    Oliver and Melonie went on a small date in the park. They spent a bit of time together afterwards, but then she had to go to work.

aAfRk2A.jpg
    Oliver had previously asked Melonie to prom. She said she would go, but if something turned up, she might not show. I sent Oliver there, but Melonie didn't show up, most likely due to her part-time job.

TWdYOvu.jpg
    Lily had an opportunity to finish, so she met up with this woman to finish the opportunity.

4euNAOJ.jpg
    I don't remember where she was, but Lily tried to mind meld with this Sim. Nothing came of it.

zzjtNx1.jpg
    The family, minus Lily, all ate breakfast together.

YXZkfLo.jpg
    Lily tried to pick up a bird for a pet, but she ended up getting pecked.

ytJsZR0.jpg
    After that, she spent a little time photosynthesizing in a grassy area across from her home.

6Ywl8GA.jpg
    Christa went shopping for some more life fruit for Lily before work. Unfortunately, she did not find any. I'm thinking that now Lily is an adult, she might not eat any more life fruit. This will make Brandon outlive her, but I'm going to need the space before she dies, or generation 10 might have to wait a bit longer.

2Q8S3wK.jpg
    Oliver worked on what would be one of his last homework assignments.

3z6DJMt.jpg
    Christa finally got the promotion she needed to become a famous composer. She has now joined the symphony side of the career.

oiaSrBV.jpg
    Everyone was trying to sleep when a burglar showed up. Luckily, a random passerby saw the burglar and fought them off.

0jIKdPz.jpg
    ILGIPHK.jpg
    That following morning, it was time for Oliver's birthday. He wished that he would gain a decent trait when the transition finished. For his new trait, he gained the Savvy Sculptor to his Disciplined, Easily Impressed, and Brave traits. I forgot what the other one was. Oliver was just a random name that I picked for him, but now that he is blonde, I sort of based his makeover on Oliver Queen/Green Arrow from the comics except he doesn't really have all the traits I'd think Green Arrow would have, and he also has a different facial hairstyle than Green Arrow does.

***Part 2 coming up next.
    Goth Family Day 344 to 348, Part 2

fIdi3DD.jpg
    For Oliver's LTW, I decided he would max out the sculpting and inventing skills. He started his first sculpture in clay.

9DyxHy2.jpg
    When he finished with the first skill point, I sent him to join the sculptor career.

iOEBQtt.jpg
    I had Brandon join the culinary career now. He did not get promoted at the end of his shift, but since he had maxed cooking, I gave him an honorary degree in Fine Arts. Uploading his resume made him start at level 3 in the career, so when he gets promoted, he'll be level 4. He currently has a Midlife Crisis going on, and one of his locked wishes is to change jobs. Being a fairy, this moodlet lasts weeks instead of days. I'm hoping I might be able to get him to reach the top, then switch careers before the crisis ends but I'm not sure.

MZCy1MT.jpg
    Jacob had really been slacking on his martial arts skill. He had been excited to start the skill when Brandon started to teach him, but life got in the way. Now was the best time for him to start up again. In the process, he also gained another athletic skill point.

MaGiRzq.jpg
    When Oliver had decided to stop working for the day, he went to spend time with Melonie. They couldn't get romantic, so instead, Oliver told her all about how a random Sim had stopped the burglar.

MaGiRzq.jpg
    Back at home, Oliver decided to start learning the inventing skill. A lot of his wishes are for it and sculpting now, so I've been trying to rack up the LTH points for some decent rewards.

6EbmlKq.jpg
    However, things didn't go as planned and Oliver singed himself.

MHCqjba.jpg
    Oliver finished his second sculpture. Between the 2, he should get his first promotion.

nlv7zd0.jpg
    When he got to the consignment shop, he found the Sorensons there. Oliver was already a good acquaintance of Chaim, so he chatted with him until they were friends. Then, he asked Chaim for his blessings to marry Melonie. Chaim agreed and said no one else was a better choice for her.

aECdkqs.jpg
    Afterwards, he chatted with Melonie and asked her to move in with him. She accepted and they took off together. Oliver's sculptures, however, still haven't sold up to the point this update ends.

aECdkqs.jpg
    Melonie got to know the family a bit during meal time. It turns out that she already has a great relationship with Lily and Oliver, but needs to build one with Brandon and Christa. Melonie is very good friends with one parent (I think her mother), and has almost no relationship with the other (Chaim, I believe.)

8JqchEp.jpg
    On the last day I played, Brandon and Lily were first to wake up. I wasn't ready for them to wake up yet, so I had them woohoo, then go back to bed for a bit.

c81Bqqy.jpg
    Melonie had not been the best with doing her homework. I had her do it, but it did not raise her grade any. Both Lily and Brandon are high in logic, so Lily started to tutor her. She got her overall grade to a B, but probably will not have an A before aging up.

7r8jWKn.jpg
    Oliver took her driving. Neither Chaim or Ginger Sorenson had the time to take her, apparently. Melonie also has a brother named Sherman, but we haven't met him yet in any update. I think I mistakenly mentioned earlier that Elizabeth was Melonie's grandmother, but turns out I looked at my family tree wrong. Elizabeth was actually just married to Melonie's grandfather at one point, but Melonie doesn't come from her side.

DJBvPyG.jpg
    To end this update, Lily went to a Spooky Day party. She only chatted to a couple of Sims, and played Rock, Paper, Scissors with Elizabeth.
    edited December 2022
    Game kept crashing in Sunset Valley so there will be no more updates from there. Check out my new thread (link posted soon) for the continuing adventures of this family in Moonlight Falls.

Edit: I am adding one more day in Sunset Valley before moving to Moonlight Falls.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on