Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How satisfied are you with the Spa Day refresh?

The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

How satisfied are you with the Spa Day refresh? 208 votes

Completely satisfied. Theyve done an excellent job!
79%
Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14brackencat31BreeSashaSara1010PIcewolflori171957alexspoom13IceyJBlkBarbiegalaelias24Colorist40JueJueMonet11imhappydanacnbrettSimpatsyannAlrynnmcrudd 165 votes
Feeling neutral. Neither very good improvement nor very bad
16%
Mstybl95GalacticGallove7680PlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_CfriendlysimmersCinebarDarkLady2788Toriemlmeadowsskybird14taydevhalloweenchildSelinaKylessnoepjes1210Sigzy05GitaVentusMattCeridwenabelhinha35 35 votes
Improvements shouldve have been different or not enough made
3%
JaiSeaMelisendreTo7mAPottsOnverserstephAnie1864CarpeNocheSimsFarmerJei 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited September 2021
    I mean, for any pack refresh/update, there are always going to be other options they could have picked or more that they wish they could have done, but there are only so many man-hours of work they can put into this, and at some point, choices have to be made.

In this particular instance, I'm quite happy with the choices that were made, even if I've never once been tempted to put cc nails in my game and will probably rarely use them.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Can’t say.

Since it hasn’t been released yet I don’t know what it’s like to actually play it.

I do like what I’ve seen so far and the amount of additional features is much higher than what I would expect from a pack refresh. It always made sense to me to have a sim run their own Spa business and I’m looking forward to playing around with the new content! 👍🏼

Don’t care much for manicures and pedicures but I like to think that my sims can have a set of delightfully beastly claws.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am very much looking forward to seeing it. They really added a lot. I am really interested in how the dynamic nails work and if that means they may add more dynamic features in the future? It’s going to be fun building salons by combining the hair and makeup chair from Get Famous with the mani-pedi stations.
  • Options
    VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Spa Day wasn't even a pack I thought needed improvement, so I'm very satisfied with what they're giving us. I can't wait to update sims with nailpolish that suits their style.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2021
    I never expected them to revisit old packs and I already own it so it's not going to cost me anything. I can't remember a sims game that added nail polish besides TS3: Supernatural werewolf pointy nails if you can really count that.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    I'll say I'm satisfied. However, I'm definitely disappointed that this was the pack they chose to refresh, as I never felt like it was lacking much in the first place. The improvements are definitely nice and I'll appreciate them in my game, but we better see this level of "refresh" go into the packs that actually need it. I mean there was a poll on the forums asking which pack needed the refresh the most, and Spa Day came in last...
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I... don't know yet because it's not updated yet. :confused:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    lexibee wrote: »
    I'll say I'm satisfied. However, I'm definitely disappointed that this was the pack they chose to refresh, as I never felt like it was lacking much in the first place. The improvements are definitely nice and I'll appreciate them in my game, but we better see this level of "refresh" go into the packs that actually need it. I mean there was a poll on the forums asking which pack needed the refresh the most, and Spa Day came in last...

Was that poll an official one from the gurus or one someone randomly made? Also they’ve proved time and time again that they’ll pretty much do what they want; and clearly these new assets have been in the works for a while.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I am completely satisfied and never expected the team to do a refresh. I think it is awesome that they are doing this and hope they do this for other packs. I think they have done an excellent job from what I have seen on the live stream. I really do like how they are including kids in a lot of activities, the ability to make money, the new trait, job well done.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm really happy with it. I don't use spas much, I've always thought the best part of the pack is the build/buy which I use a lot. Now I might actually use the gameplay too!
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Cautiously optimistic. Maxis tends to do things that seem good, but ruin something else, or do something completely wonderful, then don't carry that forward.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'd have to play it first, but from what we've seen, the refresh for it went beyond my expectations for it. They took a very niche pack and expanded it in ways that make it much more accessible and involved. I can see a lot of my sims incorporating these new elements into their lives.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It's a bit early to tell.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2021
    My feelings on it depend on how regularly they're gonna do these refreshes. If they do them regularly, no big deal this one was just a test. If they don't do them regularly, then I'll be pretty disappointed because this was a waste as this pack is the one that needed an update the least in my opinion.
    Post edited by Onverser on
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I was surprised they picked Spa Day. It was a pack I didn't have a lot of complaints about from launch to now. It might have been a little content light, I will not argue, but one of my main Sims was fairly wellness focused for years and I regularly added spas to each save. So I've definitely been using it and getting my money's worth. However, after seeing everything they were adding it looked really good and matched the themes.

It does give me hope for refreshes for other packs, but just talking about Spa Day? It looks like it is going to be better than ever now.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I'll let you know next Wednesday. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think Spa Day wasn't one of the packs that needed a refresh the most...at least in terms of gameplay, but what was added and enhanced makes it one of the best GP's, if it wasn't already. I still have to play with the actual features though to see how well they work in the game, before totally congratulating Maxis, hopefully they aren't a buggy mess.

I really hope Dine Out or Outdoor Retreat come next...lord does Outdoor Retreat need help...I enjoy parts of it but it really is lacking.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m completely satisfied and I hope there will be many more pack refreshes.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    So far it looks great, but I'm waiting to see how it actually works in game.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    I wait untill release but it looks good so far.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like what I saw with the extra additions to the pack. It was already one of my favorite GP's to begin with being well rounded and offering good gameplay, but now I love it even more.

Only way for my female sims to have nails was for CC and now that I can set that in CAS I don't need it anymore. Glad they did simple nails and not just leave it as the super EXTRA claw nails. And if you do it in gameplay you have to maintain them, thus more reason to go back and get your sims nails done again.

Think it's awesome now that you can get your sim a manicure and/or pedicure when they go to the spa. Can't wait to add it to the one in game since I added the GF makeup chair for that salon effect. (Hope they might tweak that a bit when/if they get to that pack.)

Love that you can get actual face masks and just use them at home or anywhere else.

Getting money for being your own yoga instructor (public or private), more various mats, another trait (High maintenance will work riiiight with my self absorbed sims ).

Nice surprise children can now do yoga as well too and I'm always done for kids to have more things to do.

All in all, I'm pretty impressed with it.

A nice improvement on a pack that was already pretty good IMO, so hope I see other packs get the same attention (especially ones that really need it. *cough* Island Living/Dine Out I'm lookin at you~)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    If this sets the tone for other refreshes, I’ll be happy. I was originally more interested in Outdoor Retreat getting a refresh to better integrate it with seasons and gardening. Since we’re actually getting new content, I’m much more interested in what they can add to any of the packs. I already own Spa Day, but if I didn’t I’d be more inclined to buy it with the new features.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    Just based on what I saw on the live stream and the trailer, I think it's going to be a great opportunity for the Sims team to do the right thing and fix one of their earlier game packs. I hope we get more refreshes.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Being the patch or whatever it is has not been implemented yet, it is kind of hard to make an opinion even if it is word of mouth as I like hard copies and not soft copies. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I think it looks great and could add a lot to my games. However I have yet to see how many hideous townies running round with face masks and long nails it produces. I'm also concerned about bugs. If it's implemented bug free without uggo townies I'm satisfied