Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

8/31/21 - Launcher, Sims Site Issues. [Resolved]

figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
Hey all, getting a bug where the launcher welcome screen is blue and blank. The rest of the tabs work and I can open the game but at the main menu I get hit with an infinite loading screen as it fails to log me in.

Tried to clearing the cache on IE but not had any luck. Anyone else know of any other fixes?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• figureitout01figureitout01 Posts: 188 Member
    edited August 2021
    Edit: Unfortunately didn't fix it for long and it's back, on top of that I can no longer log in either.
    Post edited by figureitout01 on
    edited August 2021
    Hey all, been trying to login to the Store today and it's not been working. The site 'loads' but will then never load. Opening a new link just goes to a blank page. I can still visit the actual pages though, just not login. Is this the case for anyone else?
    Post edited by EA_Cade on
  • DJSparklesDJSparkles Posts: 203 Member
    Hey y'all,

I've noticed for the last few days that once I open the game, it no longer even attempts to connect to my account. Then, when I try to log in, it tells me "email or password is invalid." I've changed my password, even, and that doesn't help either. Have I missed something? Or is this a sign that 3 is about to become history?
    Getting the same problem myself, the Sims 3 Store and Exchange are also down for logging in.
    This is very weird. Is the sun setting on our game?
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    I noticed it too...I wish that someone would answer our questions! I don't want the Sims 3 Store to close. I still purchase from there. I gave up on TS4 a long time ago! I do play TS3 on a regular basis! I want to continue purchasing for a while!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,331 EA Community Manager
    Hey all,

These issues are under investigation now. I'll update the thread here when I get more information to share.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    Thank you EA_Cade!!! :)
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
    Thanks Cade!
    Thanks so much Cade!
    Hey all!

We're in the process of restarting some back end systems at this time to resolve this, you may see limited functionality while this takes place.

Again, I'll post any updates here as I can.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

Thanks for looking into this @EA_Cade . We weren’t able to get on last night either. Hoping the site will be fixed soon 🌸
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Thank you @EA_Cade for letting us know that there is an issue with the site. I'm on the site now as I'm typing this, I just had to hit the 'Refresh' button after it was taking too long to sign in.
    Heya!

As some of you have already noticed, the restarts have been completed and at this time we believe the issue to be resolved.

Please let us know here or at Help.EA.com if you continue to run into issues and thank you so much for your patience while we worked on this. :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited September 2021
    I can't install anything to my launcher.I click install, it starts to install then cancels.
    @EA_Cade this is very inconvenient as now I don't have any way of installing my stuff.
    I still can't get logged in on the launcher or the game. The launcher window does load, though. @EA_Cade
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I can't install anything to my launcher.I click install, it starts to install then cancels.
    @EA_Cade this is very inconvenient as now I don't have any way of installing my stuff.

There's a chance that's a piece of bad CC in your packages folder (or launcher, I suppose). It's odd that it could have that effect, but it just happened to me.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    All back to normal for me now, thanks again Cade!
    Glad to hear it @figureitout01.

@GraceyManor @DJSparkles Are you still seeing this issue now?
    @EA_Cade still unable to log in from either launcher or game. Keeps telling me "email or password invalid" and I've changed password, still doesn't work.
    DJSparkles wrote: »
    @EA_Cade still unable to log in from either launcher or game. Keeps telling me "email or password invalid" and I've changed password, still doesn't work.

Gotcha, can you try/have you tried these steps already?
    • Clear IE's cache
    • Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Downloads and delete [your email].bin
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member

For anyone who doesn't have Internet Explorer on their computer due the fact that you removed it or never had it before, you can still clear out IE through Microsoft Edge. You first need to go to your Settings on Edge and then Default Browser and click on the Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode button and then hit Restart so that Edge recognizes IE in the Privacy, Search and Services tab. Once that is done, then you can go to Privacy, Search and Services to see the Clear browsing data for Internet Explorer.

Hope this helps for anyone who doesn't have IE or who hasn't switched it over in Edge... :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @EA_Cade the only way I was able to fix it was by deleting my sims 3 folder and starting over with a new game :(
    edited September 2021
    @EA_Cade I'm still unable to get logged in. Tried deleting the cache, tried deleting the bin file, still unable to log into either launcher or game. Any more suggestions? I'm all ears lol
    DJSparkles wrote: »
    @EA_Cade I'm still unable to get logged in. Tried deleting the cache, tried deleting the bin file, still unable to log into either launcher or game. Any more suggestions? I'm all ears lol

Hmm, can you try a different connection like using your phone as a mobile hotspot?

I'm not seeing widespread reports on this.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top