Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chore Planner + Laundry Day Stuff update

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
edited November 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

I would like the rules in the house and assign chores to each sims of the household (and butler) :
  • Cooking
  • Dusting (Bust The Dust)
  • Laundry (Laundry Day Stuff)
  • Gardening
  • Dishwashing
  • Taking out the trashes including Removing spoiled food from the fridge
  • Cleaning (Sink, shower, bathtub, counter, …)
  • Cleaning floor (puddles)
  • Setting the table (Parenthood)
  • Washing the pet / cage (Cats & Dogs + My First Pet Stuff + Cottage Living)
  • Feeding the pet (Cats & Dogs + My First Pet Stuff + Cottage Living)
  • Dog walking (Cats & Dogs)
  • Babysitting (baby and toddler needs)
  • Tidying the rooms
  • Raking leaves (Seasons)
  • Helping to do the homework (child only)

Several sims can do the same task and one sim can do several tasks.

Laundry Day Stuff update : Changing sheets on beds and include them to the laundry. When the sheets are dirty there will be a green smoke.
Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff update : Changing sheets on beds and include them to the laundry. When the sheets are dirty there will be a green smoke.

I would like that. Not the filthy sheets, I'd be fine with just beds left unmade in the morning, but I would love to be able to customize the bed sheets and assign whatever pattern I like. Some of the bed sheets in game are just gross looking.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    This makes sense. My cook can finally get the memo to do all the cooking and the scientist will do all the gardening, finally. Plus the janitor will do all their tasks without me having to control them as they do it.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would like a chores list and the ability to assign who has to do what in the household, great idea!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2022
    • Cleaning floor (puddles) -- including cleanup the mess caused by toddler/child
    • Repairing broken objects (Dad chore ?)

New chores like Lawn mowing and Pool cleaning could be added.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    edited November 2022
    Recycling.

Lawn mowing and pool cleaning when both updates or features were released

A chores GP would be a better choice than batuu
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Recycling.

We already have recycling in the form of the recycling trash can and the recycling machine. Might be nice if we could get glass blowing and then we could have additional recycling gameplay by recycling the glass. Or maybe add something like sculpting statues out of scrap metal and salvaged metal parts.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Recycling.

We already have recycling in the form of the recycling trash can and the recycling machine. Might be nice if we could get glass blowing and then we could have additional recycling gameplay by recycling the glass. Or maybe add something like sculpting statues out of scrap metal and salvaged metal parts.

I mean, for chores planner
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Recycling.

I mean, for chores planner
    Hi,

I would like the rules in the house and assign chores to each sims of the household (and butler) :
    • Cooking
    • Dusting (Bust The Dust)
    • Laundry (Laundry Day Stuff)
    • Gardening
    • Dishwashing
    • Taking out the trashes including Removing spoiled food from the fridge
    • Cleaning (Sink, shower, bathtub, counter, …)
    • Cleaning floor (puddles)
    • Setting the table (Parenthood)
    • Washing the pet / cage (Cats & Dogs + My First Pet Stuff + Cottage Living)
    • Feeding the pet (Cats & Dogs + My First Pet Stuff + Cottage Living)
    • Dog walking (Cats & Dogs)
    • Babysitting (baby and toddler needs)
    • Tidying the rooms
    • Raking leaves (Seasons)
    • Helping to do the homework (child only)

Several sims can do the same task and one sim can do several tasks.

Maybe composting, cleaning lint tray, wood chopping, harvesting.

Plus, now dishes could be accumulated in the sink.
  • Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    If they were to add to chores, an Ironing Board would be interesting. Ironing a suit would give the Focused moodlet, but not have negative values if not done.

Lawn mowing: could be related to a Lot challenge, or as the laundry system, that grass doesn't grow unless you have the mower on your lot.
    Bonus: Could be tied to Cottage Living: Grass grows slower if you have cows or Llamas. I know IRL Goats are the best at lawncare, but it would work for the game.

I definitely agree, assigning a chore that your children, or house-mates will do on autopilot when not instructed to would be fun. Parenthood could be updated allowing parent to praise/scold child for chores done or not done.

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Assigning chores in households with more than one Sim does make sense. Would also make sense for single sims to set out the order of tasks automatically.