Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please bring back the attraction system from TS2!

I think that will make this game more playable and interesting.
Origin ID: ukyojin
Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl

Comments

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes couldn't agree more!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I second the dual motion. All those in favour...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    I agree but I doubt it will ever happen. Many people here do not wish for their Sims to prefer a Sim over the choices they have made for their Sim. But in TS4 I have no idea why any Sim is attracted to someone else. It is so annoying. lol (Considering even TS1 had a minor attraction system, zodiac signs only).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Discovered years ago that TS4 sims are attracted to all other TS4 sims. No reason or logic required.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    They wont do it but we can dream
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    edited September 2021
    It would be nice if the Sims in TS4 had more slots than TS2 or TS3 had to determine why a Sim likes someone else. Some people didn't like the attraction to include astrological signs but that was a good basis of where to start but not all the reasons. Also, for years I have wanted Sims to take into consideration physical attraction points such as eye color, height, etc. We already have hair color in TS2, I wish they would have expanded it to include other physical attributes. We already have fitness or not so there is that, but I wish they would add more to physical attractions. Yes, it's a bit shallow, but no more shallow than being able to woohoo everyone like friends with benefits. That's shallow to me.

Common interests would be good but I still want them to consider physical attraction not just emotional.

ETA: I have a mod in TS2 that changes some of the categories to different things like making a Sim attracted to a rich Sim rather than glasses or other things not many of us used etc. The mod sets the amount of money the Sim will need for another Sim to prefer rich Sims and vice versa for poor Sims. Things like that because I still can't get over a good Sim would be attracted to an evil Sim in TS4. Opposites attract?lol, no, a good Sim would be so offended by an evil Sim in my opinion. Or the good Sim isn't really good at it's core but harbors some dark side. (?) lol None of TS4 makes sense to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I agree but I doubt it will ever happen. Many people here do not wish for their Sims to prefer a Sim over the choices they have made for their Sim. But in TS4 I have no idea why any Sim is attracted to someone else. It is so annoying. lol (Considering even TS1 had a minor attraction system, zodiac signs only).

Yes you are right, people prefer to choose Sims mates. But here's the problem, because Sims have their own preferences in TS4. How many "My Sim Prefer Neighbor Over Partner" topics were there? I play a lot, I romance all the time, I create marriages and I see how difficult it is sometimes to "pair up" someone. Sims don't want to talk, they don't want to flirt on their own and then they go to the bar and they have a pink bar with some random Sim.

I noticed that if you introduce a couple of Sims as a marriage in new game, "divorce them" and "forget" by MCCC mod, it is much easier to romance, because the game has for 99% attraction between spouses.

People who want to choose their Sim's partners themselves can set the appropriate characteristics for them, and voila! 100% match! Instead, we gamers get tired and frustrated at times because we have no idea how it works (because SOMETHING works here!).

So instead of asking for more things that are just another "fancy", like cars or horses, please, let's start writing more about it to the creators! Is it so hard to "attract" (like the celebrities in "Get Famous" ExpPack) to the "match" person and force Sims to have more romantic interactions?

Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
    Aericia wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes you are right, people prefer to choose Sims mates. But here's the problem, because Sims have their own preferences in TS4. How many "My Sim Prefer Neighbor Over Partner" topics were there? I play a lot, I romance all the time, I create marriages and I see how difficult it is sometimes to "pair up" someone. Sims don't want to talk, they don't want to flirt on their own and then they go to the bar and they have a pink bar with some random Sim.

I noticed that if you introduce a couple of Sims as a marriage in new game, "divorce them" and "forget" by MCCC mod, it is much easier to romance, because the game has for 99% attraction between spouses.

People who want to choose their Sim's partners themselves can set the appropriate characteristics for them, and voila! 100% match! Instead, we gamers get tired and frustrated at times because we have no idea how it works (because SOMETHING works here!).

So instead of asking for more things that are just another "fancy", like cars or horses, please, let's start writing more about it to the creators! Is it so hard to "attract" (like the celebrities in "Get Famous" ExpPack) to the "match" person and force Sims to have more romantic interactions?

But players have been giving Maxis their feedback and very in-depth posts for over seven years here. I know I wrote a very in-depth post about why all Sims are the same back in the first few months of TS4's release. Nothing has been done about that, either, although people still make those type of threads and give very detailed reasons of how and why it's bothersome and point out very easy things to change but they don't.

I think Maxis has a contract to release so many packs and free content ever so often and that's about all they will do other than throwing some a bone by allowing them to create some extra thing to add to the game either in a patch or released as a noted content update.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes!!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • HazellyHazelly Posts: 38 Member
    > @Aericia said:
    > I think that will make this game more playable and interesting.

and memories! i loved that aspect especially with pre-added sims
  • waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    I normally pair up my Sims with other Sims in The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4.
    The Sims 2 attraction system just makes it easier for me (or harder for me) to make a Sim flirt with another, but it can be done.
    I usually make my Sims friends and best friends and best friends forever and crushes/loves and then finally marriage partners.
    Two Sims in The Sims 2 can get together with or without attraction.
    The lack of attraction in The Sims 2 would be very similar to the Unflirty Trait in The Sims 3 or The Sims 4 . . . or at least, under my playstyle. It will just make it more difficult for me to pair up Sims. That's it.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited October 2021
    I love the attraction/chemistry system in Sims 2. This game has so much depth and detail in the gameplay that I am still attached to it 17 years later. These features make for a fun experience when trying to pair Sims up with a future spouse before they leave college.

I play premades in college. I also sometimes create a Sim self and this is when I choose traits I would be attracted to. Sometimes they graduate from college already in love with their future spouse. Sometimes they don't. I also set tmy Sim self's primary Aspiration to either Family or Knowledge. I leave the premades alone until their Junior year when they can change Aspiration if they are Romance or Pleasure. Also, since I play the UC, I have the option to assign a Secondary Aspiration (comes with FreeTime for those who don't have all the EP's or the UC) of Family or Knowledge. I also (once I place them in a dorm) have them Scope Room and pick their gender preference. They usually show me exactly who they are most attracted to. I also do this when I take them to community lots and they start talking to students on the lots.

This is TOTALLY missing from Sims 4 and I hope they implement something close to this so I can try to enjoy a game I have spent well over $1000 on (That includes the packs I have bought. This does not include the cost of 3 different laptops) in 7 years.
    I like the TS2 system because, though imperfect, it still provides a baseline. If sim A falls within sim B's preferences and vice versa, matchmaking is much easier and expressions of feelings come naturally. If they don't, matchmaking will be difficult at best, and feelings will still be freely if negatively - expressed. The system is more complex than just those few attributes we can check off, and is much better than the TS4 'if it moves it's fair game'.
  • WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    If they do, then the turn-ons and turn-offs need to make more sense. Why isn't eye color in there?!
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes please.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Count me in on this request!
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    I've only played Sims 4 and I want an attraction system because chemistry doesn't always feel genuine in the Sims 4.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    110% agreed!

My personal play style is to play a lot of Sims and colonize the world through my Sims meeting up, finding partners and reproducing so the next generation can keep going and the next and the next. But my Sims need to make their own partner choices, I don't want to make them for them, that's not interesting. It's kind of baffling that something so basically human as personal preference/sexual attraction hasn't been put into the game in seven years.

I think this is my top wish for the game right now. And I'd like to see the Romance Guru updated to have the Matchmaker skills from Sims 2 as well. That was probably the hugest disappointment about City Living for me. There's a romance festival but no way to match up your Sims there?? The Guru doesn't even do anything that makes it worth talking to him. Such a letdown and missed opportunity. 😞
    #Team Occult
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The attraction system was so much fun it made going to bars and dating much more interesting I need turn ons/turn on brought back
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 784 Member
    Playing The Sims 2 I had a lot of fun with it. The main possible drawback I can think of about the possible introduction into TS4, is that I would feel quite disappointed if I found out that sims in the main couples in my saves could suddenly find out to don't find each other attractive on the basis of the new attraction system.

That was something that sort of happened already when I was playing TS2, actually, as this feature was not in the base game but introduced with the packs following Nightlife. For example, in Strangetown I used to couple Lazlo Curious with Crystal Vu and I liked them as a couple quite a lot, but after the introduction of the attraction system I actually found out that they didn't like each other at all, after all. :'(
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.16 posted on the 14th of April 2024*
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Playing The Sims 2 I had a lot of fun with it. The main possible drawback I can think of about the possible introduction into TS4, is that I would feel quite disappointed if I found out that sims in the main couples in my saves could suddenly find out to don't find each other attractive on the basis of the new attraction system.

That was something that sort of happened already when I was playing TS2, actually, as this feature was not in the base game but introduced with the packs following Nightlife. For example, in Strangetown I used to couple Lazlo Curious with Crystal Vu and I liked them as a couple quite a lot, but after the introduction of the attraction system I actually found out that they didn't like each other at all, after all. :'(

Maybe there could be other things they like that you could work to improve so that their partner finds them attractive.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    It depends on how you play. One could say that they would prefer to persue any sims they find attractive without interference from their sim's more narrow criterias, because all this does is limit your gameplay. While it's fun to personalize your sims personalities, it doesn't have many other useful gameplay elements, except for a boost of some kind. And like others have said, it can even backfire on you. Not to mention that most townies are ugly regardless of their traits, so there's some guaranteed awkward scenarios to expect.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    As an avid sims 2 player, this would be lovely. Having an attraction system makes the player work hard to obtain the relationship, and keep it! Sims with no attraction to each other can still get attracted to each other via the positive relationship gains. it does depend on how one plays of course. AND to boot, the turn on and offs should be updated to include eye color, body types, and maybe other things like prefers women.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    edited January 2022
    Discovered years ago that TS4 sims are attracted to all other TS4 sims. No reason or logic required.

This is one of the core reasons why I described Sims 4 as "sandboxy to a fault" in my comment on the Sims 411 feedback on challenge and depth in the Base Game
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Could be nice as long as it's customizable and you can opt a sim out of it. I just personally like my game to surprise me instead of the "matching sims" pretty much always following the same boring pattern. Basically all my sim couples have been formed because of some interesting gameplay shenanigans and I like that because it can introduce couples I wouldn't necessarily even consider because "attraction score says nay". However, existence of a customizable attraction system could truly enhance roleplay options and autonomous behavior like having sims who are picky about their partners, rejecting romantic approaches from those who don't fit their criteria, whereas others are like "I don't care, I love everyone lol". So in that regard I say yes.