Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing since my sims moved house

Hi,
Today I moved my family of 2 sims into their new house. It is a house I built on the lot where 'Riverview Ranch' used to be but my game keeps crashing when I try to save (I use nraas saver to save every 30 mins). It doesn't do it every time but it is so annoying!! Is there anything I can do to stop this? My game hasn't crashed very much until now. I have around 2gb of cc and quite a lot of it is a bit broken (exploding outfits when I zoom out etc) but I kept it in my game because it doesn't really bother me lol. The last thing I downloaded was yesterday I got a lighting mod but I don't think it would be that because everything was fine until my sims moved house. The family consists of a young adult and her mum so second generation- do I need to move them out of riverview as the family have always lived here so the files could have got corrupted? Also there is a tombstone in the family inventory which I just realised the game lets me save until I place that. I don't know what I'm talking about please help me lolllllllllll

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2021
    What kind of RAM usage (in MBs/GBs, not percentages) does Task Manager show that the TS3 executable is using at or around the time you are trying to save? The save process spikes the RAM usage up a bit, not much we can do about that. But if you were already on the edge of the limit that the game can ever use, then the save process itself might be pushing it over. As a 32-bit only application, the game can never address more than 4 GB (actually the hard limit is 3.7 GB due to some overhead) without losing its mind with the Danger Zone for most of us being around 3.4 or 3.5 GB.

But if RAM usage seems reasonable, as in routinely much less than that, then we have to consider that your game ran fine (I think) before you moved lots and the last thing you added was a lighting mod. Can you undo each of those, on a test run revert to a prior save, and move them to some other lot perhaps very modestly decorated and with not too large a house just to see what happens with the game as you try to play and save it?

And of course I do have to ask if NRaas mods are in play, specifically those that keep a long-running game clean(er) and running more smoothly -- Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, MasterController for its Reset Everything command to be run every few sim weeks are among the ones specifically designed to improve and extend game performance.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ClaraMaria123ClaraMaria123 Posts: 211 Member
    OK so it says the Ram usage is around 1300-1400 Mb when saving. Sorry for being a time waster but the problem seems to have resolved itself when I opened the game this morning. The house was really glitchy when they first moved in (they would just randomly get stuck in the foundations) but it seems to be fine now. A few weird things have happened tho :# I have errortrap, overwatch and mastercontroller and suddenly i got like 15,000 vehicles have been removed when it only used to be about 80 and I got a few script errors for my sims. They also went to the riverview hatchery and all the fish disappeared and when I clicked on the water there were no options to fish!!! Idk what is going on I will try reset everything as I did not know you could do that.
    Also sorry a bit unrelated but can I install the smooth patch or will it kill my game when it is already going a bit weird :s
    edited August 2021
    The NRaas mod that fixes the overspawnage of vehicles so that we don't have to let them accumulate behind the scenes killing game performance and wait for Overwatch to clean them up is Traffic. It's almost always performance career limos that cause amounts in the tens of thousands like that, a game glitch (so what else is new) with Showtime. Although oddly enough sometimes it's ice cream or snack trucks, but the mod fixes those too on default settings.

NRaas > Traffic > Routing > Allow Performance Career Limos > False

The mod by default will also stop inactive sims from being granted free cheap cars to be soon discarded if they don't have or can't find their own and makes them use taxis instead. But that one usually kicks up dozens of unneeded vehicles for the game save to carry, not tens of thousands. Usually in my worlds, with Traffic in play, Overwatch only finds around 1 or 2 (if even that) abandoned vehicles to clean up each night.

The smoothness patch is not going to fix a broken world or ongoing game save, it's more likely just going to make it break the game more smoothly (if that makes any sense). I would hold off on that until you are sure that things are working closer to the way they should and the crashes have definitely stopped.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2021
    I don't have showtime but my sim is level 10 music career (symphonic branch) and doesn't have her own car so she has a limo. She got to level 10 the day before they moved so it could be that? Ill download traffic now.
    Ok I got traffic and I changed the settings to disable the limos but I still have very high numbers of vehichles being removed. She still drives the limo too which I hate because she's not the type of person who wants a bright pink limo lol we just don't have enough money for a car
    edited August 2021
    Did you clear (delete) the scriptCache file after installing Traffic and have you played yet for more than a sim day? The mod's effects will not be retroactive if overspawnage happened within the past sim day before the mod was put into place.

Also, Traffic only targets the limo types that are known to overspawn. Nonamena's No Limo mod, it has a few variants available, does a more complete job with the other types. Her mod and Traffic can be used together without issue.

If still no good, I would suggest bringing the issue to us at NRaas. Traffic is not known for failing to carrying out its mission.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    edited August 2021
    Ooops sorry no I didn't clear the scriptcache. I'll do it now and thanks for that no limo mod it will be very helpful :)
    Sorry I took so long to update but my game is running so much better now and the limos are gone!!! Thank you for your help