Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help games keep crashing.

I have recently come back to the sims 3 after some issues I have with sims 4. I really don't want to have to go back to sims 4. Here is the problem. I got rid of the cc in my game since the problem developed, and the only mod I have is nraas. I had been playing this one game for a while no issues, but then one day it crashed. Started it up again wouldn't even load this time, it started to act like it would but crashed before load completed. I went in saw there was a back up file, and a .bad file. I deleted the .bad file, and renamed the backup. Wouldn't load again. I gave up deleted that save and started a new save in the same world. I played that for about 6 real days off and on and then it too wouldn't load. I went into the saves folder and there was only one save a back up. So I renamed it taking off the .backup and it still crashed. So I deleted the folders everyone suggests deleting, repaired game, and still wouldn't load. Grrr. So for the third time in a few weeks I started another game in Hidden Springs which is the world I was playing in the previous game. I played it for two days, and today it didn't load just crashed. I don't know what to do.

Any suggestions? I can't play if my saves are literally going to crash after a few days playing. The very first save I lost was in Dragon Valley just for information.

Thank you to anyone for help.

Comments

• McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    sounds like something is just corrupt that's eventually corrupting everything else. have you tried deleting the ENTIRE sims 3 folder in documents? i know you mentioned you deleted some folders inside, but have you tried deleting it ALL? then boot up sims 3 and let it recreate it all fresh.

if you still crash after that.. do any other games crash or just the sims 3?

what's your GPU/CPU?
    are you locking to 30fps/forcing vsync through third party software (in-game one doesn't work and if you're getting like 2352319582903fps there's your answer)
    have you tried reinstalling the redistributables?
    also download something like HWMonitor and next time you play keep it open, and when you crash look at what the maximum heat/voltage was on your mobo/cpu/gpu
    + ofc is it steam or origin?
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Do you have some cc you’ve had installed for a long time but haven’t used before? If so that could be the thing that is corrupt and coursing crashing.