Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

Comments

• Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @jbadger12
    Your update had me laughing the whole time I was reading it!
    I don't put fish traps out because that same Mermaid always comes up and steals the fish.
    Great Update!

@mcrudd
    I hope your doing well and your mom is also doing better.
    Hope you get time to play soon!

@carlimact
    I'll have to check our that mod. The food is just too cute.

@all
    Great Updates! Have a good one!
  • Options
    carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @TeeSea
    All the food is great! I have so many recipes it's not even funny
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @all. Finally have some gaming time :) Loading my game now ;)
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    carlimact wrote: »
    @TeeSea
    I used to have a whole bunch of CC food and harvestables, but the gardening bug hit the CC harvest types pretty hard, so I removed them all from the game. I think I still have the Granny's cookbook (since that doesn't use CC harvestables), but don't remember to use it anymore.
    Most CC recipes can't be made Impeccable, so if you DO make the food Impeccable, it can't be eaten. This is a design flaw with the game, not the CC recipe, because it happens with in-game recipes as well. That's one of the things I had to manually go in and fix for some of the in-game recipes: I've gone through EVERY recipe in the game and made sure they have the following section added to the XML:
    V t="enabled" n="masterworks"
    U n="enabled"
    T n="base_chance" 0.2 /T
    L n="base_test"
    L
    V t="trait"
    U n="trait"
    L n="whitelist_traits"
    T 104880 !--trait_StovesAndGrillsMaster-- /T
    /L
    /U
    /V
    /L
    /L
    T n="skill_adjustment" 0.03 /T
    /U
    /V
    I removed the brackets from the snippet that I use, so you can actually see the code. Many in-game recipes have masterworks = disabled, which I find really irritating. There's NO REASON that recipes shouldn't be able to be made Impeccable if you have the Stoves and Grills trait, and then if you DO somehow make that recipe Impeccable, the food becomes inedible and causes Sim T-resets if you try to take a portion from it.

Since I like the buffs you get with Impeccable food, I want all foods to be able to be made Impeccable. The Stoves and Grills reward trait is one that I select for almost every Sim (the first one that I select for whatever Sim is going to be the main family cook), but the fact that some foods - randomly selected, it seems - just don't have masterworks enabled, irritates me. So I modded it out, because it's important to me.

Unfortunately, I can't always do that with CC foods, because often they are added through scripts. The ones that are just package files I can, but having to do it with the in-game foods every time the game updates foods is time-consuming enough; I don't really want to have to do that with every CC food I used to download as well.
  • Options
    Zane and Zelda age up on Friday so I got Stacy pregnant now. That way there is a little break. Yana and Yasu should age up after school today if not then also Friday. Well here is the Pregnancy announcement pic :D

FA58g5V.png
  • Options
    @TeeSea
    I used to have a whole bunch of CC food and harvestables, but the gardening bug hit the CC harvest types pretty hard, so I removed them all from the game. I think I still have the Granny's cookbook (since that doesn't use CC harvestables), but don't remember to use it anymore.
    Most CC recipes can't be made Impeccable, so if you DO make the food Impeccable, it can't be eaten. This is a design flaw with the game, not the CC recipe, because it happens with in-game recipes as well. That's one of the things I had to manually go in and fix for some of the in-game recipes: I've gone through EVERY recipe in the game and made sure they have the following section added to the XML:
    V t="enabled" n="masterworks"
    U n="enabled"
    T n="base_chance" 0.2 /T
    L n="base_test"
    L
    V t="trait"
    U n="trait"
    L n="whitelist_traits"
    T 104880 !--trait_StovesAndGrillsMaster-- /T
    /L
    /U
    /V
    /L
    /L
    T n="skill_adjustment" 0.03 /T
    /U
    /V
    I removed the brackets from the snippet that I use, so you can actually see the code. Many in-game recipes have masterworks = disabled, which I find really irritating. There's NO REASON that recipes shouldn't be able to be made Impeccable if you have the Stoves and Grills trait, and then if you DO somehow make that recipe Impeccable, the food becomes inedible and causes Sim T-resets if you try to take a portion from it.

Since I like the buffs you get with Impeccable food, I want all foods to be able to be made Impeccable. The Stoves and Grills reward trait is one that I select for almost every Sim (the first one that I select for whatever Sim is going to be the main family cook), but the fact that some foods - randomly selected, it seems - just don't have masterworks enabled, irritates me. So I modded it out, because it's important to me.

Unfortunately, I can't always do that with CC foods, because often they are added through scripts. The ones that are just package files I can, but having to do it with the in-game foods every time the game updates foods is time-consuming enough; I don't really want to have to do that with every CC food I used to download as well.

Thanks for the info. I read what you posted but have no clue how XLM works. I will probably forego the mod for now and wait to see how things are in the future.
  • Options
    Yasu and Yana aged up <3

lapdDd0.png
    hmeTCYT.png

zHcvKB2.png
    q9RnGkP.png
  • Options
    Zane and Zelda age up after their last cuddles <3

B4qHziJ.png
    h3zJ59o.png

1qiTVra.png
    gsuPLly.png
  • Options
    Oh no not again. Looks like I unlock triplets now LOL
    Introducing little Andrew, Abel and Austin

ykNrL4I.png
    zL7GCiS.png

And that is me for today. Happy simming all <3
    9pPvO7B.png

Reached over 40 babies now, so Stacy will get a make over next time I load my game :D
  • Options
    @mcrudd
    You have your own AAA Baseball team! Love the names of your triplets!
    :D Congratulations on reaching 40 babies!
    Can't wait to see Stacy's makeover!
  • Options
    @mcrudd
    You've done this to yourself, my friend :D
    Congrats on 40 babies!
  • Options
    TeeSea wrote: »
    @mcrudd
    You have your own AAA Baseball team! Love the names of your triplets!
    :D Congratulations on reaching 40 babies!
    Can't wait to see Stacy's makeover!

LOL, I had to think of a third one on the spot, thought at most she will just have twins, did not have a crib for the third one LOL. I am thinking she might colour her hair, just to make things interesting hahaha, wonder what that would do to genetics :D
    @mcrudd
    You've done this to yourself, my friend :D
    Congrats on 40 babies!

I know right LOL. Gave her the fertility treatment and lot trait and only expected triplets when I went all hard out by watching kids tv and listening to kids radio and reading children books, but Hey surprise you don't need all that. Better get a third crib for future oopsie triplets LOL.
  • Options
    Zane and Zelda aged up <3

NKv85bN.png
    m0mdQY5.png

ZGdAy0K.png
    A9GFsjK.png
  • Options
    Family wants lunch so that is me for now LOL
    UVcgPTR.png
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    @mcrudd It looks like you did a stealth makeover on Stacy. I like her new look. She looks happier than usual during the toddlers' birthdays.

@TeeSea I didn't know people could steal the fish from the traps. I haven't used them much myself because I don't fish for the money.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    @mcrudd It looks like you did a stealth makeover on Stacy. I like her new look. She looks happier than usual during the toddlers' birthdays.

oops did not know you guys wanted pics LOL, ok let me go ingame and take some screenies, brb

• Options
    Stacy's make over <3

Ojd3lZ5.png
    4IUD4zJ.png
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I like the hot and cold weather outfits a lot. I don't recognize that sweater, though. Her new hairdo came with the recent patch, didn't it?
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    I like the hot and cold weather outfits a lot. I don't recognize that sweater, though. Her new hairdo came with the recent patch, didn't it?

Yip its a very cool hair, I love how they gave it to us in a patch. The sweater came with cottage living <3

edit to add pic of sweater in CAS
    ENMSKgn.png
  • Options
    @mcrudd
    I love Stacey's makeover!
    Her summer outfit matches Chloe's. lol :D
  • Options
    @mcrudd
    Stacey’s makeover is stunning!
  • Options
    @mcrudd

Aww thank you <3 Hahaha they are twinsies in summer :D
    @mcrudd
    Stacey’s makeover is stunning!

Thank you <3 I love that new hair, its so much how I have my own as well ;)
  • Options
    @mcrudd

It also matches one of Hayley's Summer Outfits except she wears the turquoise one.
  • Options
    @mcrudd

It also matches one of Hayley's Summer Outfits except she wears the turquoise one.

Great minds think alike <3

@all I am just going to have some lunch and then load up my game. I was busy all morning with a requested baby outfit, you might see a sneak peek of it when I load my game ;)
  • Options
    Yana and Yasu got A's today, they just need to finish their aspirations by having a dinner party. Which they are preparing for now :)
    eGUSSFn.png

Andrew giving a sneak peek of the requested outfit I worked on this morning :)
    SZHw7nT.png