Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    This evening I'm going to watch Maxis Inside and Eurovision, chips prepared.

I'll be having lunch. And hoping my toddler charges don't wake up. 😀
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @Justin @Kironide They can travel to any lot and even sleep there if they have the Always Welcome trait or a tent (or nap on benches if not). They just can't use a vacation rental, or take vacation days from a job if they have one.

gen3-banner.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why for the love of all things sim do my teens and kids not stop asking for advice. I made an orphanage with a haunted basement but filled it with all kinds of fun activities for the kids. I turned on autonomy and one by one the kids are ignoring all the toys trailing up to the third floor.
    I'm like what's happening?!! They lined up one by one in front of the adult on the third floor to ask for advice😑
    And this is something I have been annoyed with for years everytime autonomy is on.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    What is the longest death you have had in the game? Mine was 4 Sims days by drowning.

My sim made pufferfish for her classmate, Julia. Julia had to eat two full plates, the second one in a poor mood. She refused to die for an entire night, then she sat up from the bar stool, walked around back, dropped dead.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Vampires; why do they suddenly have to take flight into bat form, only to reappear in the same spot? Why can't they take bat form only when they are moving to a different location?

i mean real reason is probably cause game does not recognize what is long distance and what is not

If you have a spellcaster that is set to always use the broom or always teleport - the game actually does recognize distances. So, it looks like they just need to go back and update something about the older Vampire pack.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    Why for the love of all things sim do my teens and kids not stop asking for advice. I made an orphanage with a haunted basement but filled it with all kinds of fun activities for the kids. I turned on autonomy and one by one the kids are ignoring all the toys trailing up to the third floor.
    I'm like what's happening?!! They lined up one by one in front of the adult on the third floor to ask for advice😑
    And this is something I have been annoyed with for years everytime autonomy is on.

Oh the endless questions. It drives me crazy. I like to play big families and it's none stop and it's always the same few questions. I get that the questions are there for a reason but I honestly really wish they would just tone them down.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    I would rather build my own rinks anyways which is part of my plan, so it’s even more bothersome that the game just spawns them and I don’t know how to make it not do that.

Ack! I have those awful rinks in every possible place. Every save. Every world. I am flooded with unwanted rinks. I hate it! I want them to be gone. I want to put one rink, where I want it, not where it looks silly and where it would never actually be.
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    edited May 2021
    Something, something. East not West. Confucius. Sims 4.

Sounds random enough to you?
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    Something, something. East not West. Confucius. Sims 4.

Sounds random enough to you?

OK. 🤔
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »

Oh the endless questions. It drives me crazy. I like to play big families and it's none stop and it's always the same few questions. I get that the questions are there for a reason but I honestly really wish they would just tone them down.

I use the No Ask for Advice Parenthood mod by Polarbearsims. Kids will no longer ask for advice autonomously and instead you can let your kid ask your parent for advice anytime.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    logion wrote: »

I use the No Ask for Advice Parenthood mod by Polarbearsims. Kids will no longer ask for advice and instead you can let your kid ask your parent for advice anytime.

Thanks for mentioning this mod.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    logion wrote: »

I use the No Ask for Advice Parenthood mod by Polarbearsims. Kids will no longer ask for advice autonomously and instead you can let your kid ask your parent for advice anytime.

Ah thank you so much. Bienchen is a life saver, I have downloaded so many mods from them lately.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member

So you are asking for nerfing stuff :)

I just find it kind of funny that people are so against nerfing, but then want to "tone down" AKA nerf :)

Or maybe my best decision was not to buy the parenthood GP :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    If nerfing makes a game more balanced, then it can be good.

And where is this line? between the people who are allowed to ask nerfin against those who are not. Popularity? So a popular person can ask nerfing in here ??? (only a guess) and it is okay. or the opposite?

Someone may like the thing you hate.

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

And where is this line? between the people who are allowed to ask nerfin against those who are not. Popularity? So a popular person can ask nerfing in here ??? (only a guess) and it is okay. or the opposite?

Devs don’t do things ONLY because people ask for them. They are prompted to re-examine a feature from outcry, yes. They look at the game and reassess what they’ve put out. If they feel like they haven’t found the balance in their game, they can and will change it.

All I’m trying to say is at what point are the devs actually held accountable for nerfing when the players are not the ones fiddling with the game. The fingers are always pointed at the players.

I don’t know what you mean by popularity.

Devs don’t do things ONLY because people ask for them. They are prompted to re-examine a feature from outcry, yes. They look at the game and reassess what they’ve put out. If they feel like they haven’t found the balance in their game, they can and will change it.

All I’m trying to say is at what point are the devs actually held accountable for nerfing when the players are not the ones fiddling with the game. The fingers are always pointed at the players.

I don’t know what you mean by popularity.

I get that.

I was not even talking about devs.

I was talking about nerfing things , on request by us, the players.
    what may and is , rightfully so, about game balance for you. may NOT be for someone else.

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    If enough people raise a concern, the companies tend to look at it. Whether or not they act however depends on their own internal calculations for what to do for a game.

The nice thing about a game this mod friendly is when they choose otherwise than what some of us want, there's the ability to make a mod for a different take.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member

I like that feature, and they don't often ask for advice in my game. I choose advice depending on parent's traits, not my personal opinion, so it doesn't get repetitive.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

I think the line is common sense. For example, nerfing vampire breakthroughs wasn't needed cause it was a feature of a gamepack called vampires and it didn't happen all the time anyway (maybe tone it down a bit for whoever wanted it, but not as it was done). Toning down the always-inspired moodlet in the bust the dust kit, in the other hand, is needed cause otherwise we can't have our sims feel what they're supposed to feel cause the inspired moodlet is just too frequent and too strong, overriding all other moodlets.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

I think the line is common sense. For example, nerfing vampire breakthroughs wasn't needed cause it was a feature of a gamepack called vampires and it didn't happen all the time anyway (maybe tone it down a bit for whoever wanted it, but not as it was done). Toning down the always-inspired moodlet in the bust the dust kit, in the other hand, is needed cause otherwise we can't have our sims feel what they're supposed to feel cause the inspired moodlet is just too frequent and too strong, overriding all other moodlets.

I bought vampire pack thinking they'll wreck havoc, but NPCs never use powers not they drink blood. It's only my played sims who this because I tell them to. If vampires aren't allowed to break into houses, what to do with robbers?
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Random comment: I don’t like sims4 library’s very much. They have very limited books & they’re all the same. I wish you could add more books to the library (maybe even all the books we currently have available in game).
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    @simgirl1010 We've all done that, forgot to enable mods and CC after a patch, however, if you exit without saving, then enable and reload, you can get everything back. Alternatively, you can do a save file rollback and get the save back. The game does have all the saves filed away.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    sunblond wrote: »
    @simgirl1010 We've all done that, forgot to enable mods and CC after a patch, however, if you exit without saving, then enable and reload, you can get everything back. Alternatively, you can do a save file rollback and get the save back. The game does have all the saves filed away.

Thanks for the info. I quite enjoy making potions and crafting so I have it on my to do list. 🙂
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Justin wrote: »
    Random comment: I don’t like sims4 library’s very much. They have very limited books & they’re all the same. I wish you could add more books to the library (maybe even all the books we currently have available in game).

There actually is a bookcase that you can add that will provide most of the books in the game to all bookcases on the lot. For some reason they failed to update or add it to recent libraries, but you can find it on the gallery and add it yourself. I also have a mod that adds this ability to a variety of bookcases added in other packs as the original only comes in a plain wood style.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top