Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies are enemies autonomously?

New rotational save. Calientes first. The Roomies, opened relationships tab, and they had enemies! Zoe Patel was disliked by Geoffrey Landgrab, Gavin Richards was very far into red with Nancy. What was most shocking, Mitchell was enemies with Alexander Goth. Figured Zoe and Gavin disliked Landgrabs by association, as the Calientes, good friends of theirs, made enemies with them. Mitchell and Alexander are a mystery, never have sims fight children, so this couldn't be association. New patch thing?

Comments

• Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Roughhousing Encouraged NAP in effect?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    edited May 2021
    Ray_Trace wrote: »

Thank you for your reply. Creative arts only. User directed, if this does anything. Did not vote for anything rough house related. At the start, I had my sims run petitions to stop N.A.P.s, but that stopped when I visited settings. EDIT: They also live in the same neighborhood in Oasis Springs, two homes down.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,955 Member
    also noticed this with some sims hating Katrina Caliente without me ever making the sims even meet
    but honestly can't blame em, she be kinda nosy. and she shouldn't even be existing so fair enough :lol:

still would prefer sims didn't go hating each other on their own though
    as it can really mess my save if its some sims that are supposed to not hate each other
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    Happens when a sim tell a joke to another sim and doesn't have high enough skills or the other sim is in bad mood. Couple of these failed jokes attempts are enough to move the non existent friendship bar to red/enemy side, even one attempt is enough to make them enemies if the two sims are practically strangers.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Have you been playing in that one Windenburg neighbourhood with the random brawls? It’s possible they were fighting when you weren’t paying attention.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    Ray_Trace wrote: »

In my game at least that one doesn't seem to do much to relationships. It seems to get voted for in any community I'm not actively playing - the game really likes that one... So anytime I visit a new neighborhood all the sims around me start fighting, and then cheering each other after the fight. I've even seen romantic couple do it and then go about their date. If I switch my active sim for a moment, the very sim I was on a second ago might get into a fight, and the be 'bro-ing it up' with the sim they fought right after.

I had to start using a cheat to vote that one out of areas - because it was interrupting my game too much, and I couldn't get it repealing successfully.

But the one thing I figured out from all that is that Roughhousing Encouraged doesn't hurt relationships

- it just interrupts the activities of every sim around it. They'll stop anything they're doing to go watch, and I've had a few sims get to that red 'desperate' bar on a need because they just spammed stopping what they were up to go watch fights...

(Until I cheated it away it was making Strangerville impossible because I couldn't talk to any NPCs as there was always a fight going on around any group of them...)

In fact one reason I had to cheat it away is my sims couldn't reach the vote board before being interrupted by a fight...
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it: