Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is gardening in TS4 borked?

Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
I played with a sim today that has a greenhouse, and granted she has a lot of plants in vertical gardens...but she barely has to water plants and barely gets any weeds on them. She has a greenhouse full of plants inside....She's level 7 of the gardening skill now and I think the maximum of times she's had to weed were 3 times and none of those were related to vertical gardens...do they not get any weeds o them?? I have the "great soil" lot trait, but that's only suppose to increase the rate at witch plants grow....

This seems highly unbalanced to me...she barely does any gardening at all other than harvesting crops every morning. Not to mention the lighting/shading bugs I've come across with plants inside rooms, plants going back to their 1st stage when outside and the seasons change instead of going dormant, evolving plants in vertical gardens not counting towards the aspiration etc. It's really annoying that one of the few entertaining features that TS4 has is broken....
mHdgPlU.jpg?1

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    Weeds appear only when plants are over-watered, as far as I can tell. Like if we water all the plants and THEN it rains :/ I'm 4 generations into a gardening family currently.

• Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    My plasma trees only give 3 fruits. There's a lot of brokenness with gardening.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I don't know if it's fixed with a patch, but fertilizing your garden is a chore. Kinda wish there was an autonomous way to do it rather than individually fertilizing them all.

I also remember my fertilizers didn't deplete while using them but I think a patch fixed that so they're consumable now? No more infinitely spamming large pet poop that I got from Father Christmas now (it's so ironic he gifted the one "bad" Sim with that gift who so happened to be the lot's gardener lmao)
    A1hnP0t.png
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I can't really say that it is broken. Works just fine for me. If anything it is tress constantly resetting to plantings, but that is fine by me, honestly.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I don't know if it's fixed with a patch, but fertilizing your garden is a chore. Kinda wish there was an autonomous way to do it rather than individually fertilizing them all.

I also remember my fertilizers didn't deplete while using them but I think a patch fixed that so they're consumable now? No more infinitely spamming large pet poop that I got from Father Christmas now (it's so ironic he gifted the one "bad" Sim with that gift who so happened to be the lot's gardener lmao)

They still don't if you make a sim use a fertilizer while the game is paused and click on the same one for all plants. It's really broken.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    ArcherDK wrote: »
    I can't really say that it is broken. Works just fine for me. If anything it is tress constantly resetting to plantings, but that is fine by me, honestly.

Don't know what "fine" entails. For me never weeding or watering plants isn't "working fine". There's no work put into gardening, which makes it quite tedious, as if you're rewarded for doing the bare minimum.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    I stopped gardening when I spent more time weeding my easel than I did my plants.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    There isn't much these days that isn't borked in the game. I love the Sims 4 to bits, I really do, it's such a wonderful game when it works well but these last few months it's has really tested my patience so much so that I'm taking a break from the game and very much hoping that by the time I return to it things will have improved.

Gardening has been broken since Eco Lifestyle released.
    Sims eat spoiled food since Island Living.
    Sims vacuum outside in small homes.
    Sims constantly cancel commands.
    Sims constantly choose stupid things to do like sunbathing in thunderstorms, swimming in the winter.
    Sims constantly cook food and don't eat it.
    High chair games are tiresome.
    Plus many more annoying little issues that I can't be bothered to list.

The autonomy is atrocious right now and I just can't take it anymore. I love my sims in this game very much and I love the game but the issues are just to much.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Ray_Trace wrote: »

They still don't if you make a sim use a fertilizer while the game is paused and click on the same one for all plants. It's really broken.

This.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I haven't had any issues with gardening.