Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BB Kits - Thoughts

After few weeks after Kits realise, I can share with you what I miss and what I expect form Build/Buy Kits on the base of Country Kithen Kit. In general I like Country Kitchen Kit, but I think that this Kit is incomplete. I have two major compleinments:

1. Lack of neutral swtches. Whole set is pastel and sometimes not match to the ret of the house. I expect some brown or darker colors.
2. There is no table, chairs and bar chairs. Due to that it is hard to create open kitchen with matching dining room.

According to my expirience with kits I want to suggest what Build/Buy Kits should include if the are only include one room set.

Kitchen (~30 meshes):
- full set of counters
- full set of island counters
- full set of cabinets
- some open shelves
- cooker (or separated oven and heating plate if modern)
- sink
- fridge
- dishwasher (if set is modern)
- cooker hood
- trash can
- lighting
- table
- chair
- bar chair
- few decorations
- microwave / kettle / blender / conne maker (depends of kitchen style)
- floor/wall texture (optional)

All of objects with a big chooice of swatches.

Living room (~30 meshes):
- couches (2 and 3 tiles)
- armchair
- pouf
- rug
- coffe table
- decorative table
- lighting (table lamp, floor lamp, wall and ceiling lamp)
- book shelves (standing and hanging variant - two per each)
- dresser / wardrobe
- plants
- paintings
- another decorations
- curtines (1, 2, 3 tiles)
- floor/wall texture
- electronics

Bath room (~30 meshes):
- bath
- corner bath
- sink
- shower
- toilet
- bidet
- rug
- mirror
- lighting (wall and cailing)
- floor/wall textures
- potty
- decorations (toilet paper, towels ect)
- chair / pouf)
- wardrobe / dresser
- set of counters (optional)

Bed room (~30 meshes):
- single bed
- double bed
- decorative table (2 variants)
- dresser / wardrobe (2 or 3 types)
- mirror
- rug
- desk
- chair
- armchair
- couch
- lighting (table lamp, floor lamp, wall and ceiling lamp)
- book shelve (2 variants)
- plants (2 variants or more)
- decorations

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    That sound more like the itty bitty packs we get in TS4 and way too big for a "kit" to me, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong and would gladly pay $5 for a kit with 30 meshes in it.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Sounds like the size of Cool Kitchen with the ice cream maker. I bought it on sale for $7.49.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I would love if they made a cook top you could plop down on the counter instead of a whole stove/oven combo like we have now. I don’t think we will ever get one because I think it would frustrate people too much not being able to make any recipes that require an oven.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I agree with the whole thread. Yes a cook top would be great for truly creating tiny homes. We have most else but full stoves really expand the space and without it sims don't eat very well.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    I agree with the whole thread. Yes a cook top would be great for truly creating tiny homes. We have most else but full stoves really expand the space and without it sims don't eat very well.

There is the hotpot that came with Snowy Escape, it can be put in inventory, so it's great for tiny homes. A cooktop would occupy the same space as a stove, not sure how much it would help with a tiny home.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    ashcrash19 wrote: »

There is the hotpot that came with Snowy Escape, it can be put in inventory, so it's great for tiny homes. A cooktop would occupy the same space as a stove, not sure how much it would help with a tiny home.

They should open up the hotpot for more recipes so that it can be a true substitute for having an actual stove/oven.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited April 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I would love if they made a cook top you could plop down on the counter instead of a whole stove/oven combo like we have now. I don’t think we will ever get one because I think it would frustrate people too much not being able to make any recipes that require an oven.

This is why they should also include wall ovens.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    I don't own any of the available kits yet, but my wish for them is to skip furniture and rather focus one one feature - of course with a few items to go with it as suited. I'm sure the developers have tons of features nearly ready, features that were removed from previous packs. They might even be enough to base a new home business on.

My number 1 wish for a kit is a way to carv a big statue based on the looks of a chosen Sim, dead or still around, to have their statue in a local pak or at the graveyard, or whatever. It would need no furniyure, except perhaps a matching pedestal/foot that could even be used for other purposes. I'd love to the tmy head of the house as a sculpture at the family grave, or the most successful Mayor as a statue in front of the town hall. Some of my businesses and community lots have founders, that could be honored with a monument as well :) Such a kit would hardly need furmiture. A few decorative tools for the carving job, the monument base (small platform/end table), a ribbon feature for reveiling a new monument, and a few versions of flower wreaths/boquets to be placed in front of monument (and other graves) on memorial days. I'd love a kit like this :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg