March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Taking in-game camera photos without them being saved

I struggled to decide where to put this discussion because it's kind of a mix of a mod request and a game feedback/suggestion, so I'll just put this here.

Gameplay-wise, one of the things that annoy me is that whenever the in-game camera (phone, digital camera, DSLR, etc.) is used, a screenshot is automatically saved in the screenshot capture manager. For instance, I like playing with the Freelance Photography career, but a single gig is, like, 20-50 images in the screenshots folder, given that I take many photos for every shot thanks to the game's "quality" mechanic.
  • Suggestion: Maxis, please fix this. Add a checkbox option in the Settings that says something like "Automatically save in-game captured photos in the Screenshot Manager."
  • Mod Request: Is there any existing mod that disables this entirely? If not, can a talented modding somebody please dwell on this mechanic? It would be handy for players like me who do not really care about story-telling and documentation.

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited April 2021
    this so bad

i swear everytime my sims take pictures it just floods the whole screenshot folder and its impossible to find anything

i like to sometimes have screenshot of in game photos but like 99% of time not
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I would definitely like the option to not save every single photo my sims make into the screenshot folder. If I want a picture I take a screenshot. I don't need copies of every single photo, especially if I am trying to level up a sim in photography.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2021
    I agree. You could lock the folder until then, when right-clicking on it choosing Properties>Safety>Edit permissions, checking the box for Write.
    I don't know if there are ramifications to this, but I saw no difference in game when testing it just now. I think that would remove all in-game screenshots though; but I always use Windows' function instead.
  • thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    edited April 2021
    Whoa. Interesting. I'm IT, but I've never thought of this. I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks, lifesaver!