Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wow!!

texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
So many things i miss and so many more i didn't know! This video made me so nostalgic 💙...
I even went all in and installed 3 again :lol: i hope this time goes better performance wise... at least now i finally have a gaming laptop, but it's a laptop anyway...

https://youtu.be/snjGbA2qTc4

Comments

• HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm taking a break from my sims 4 legacy and restarted an old sims 3 legacy now that I have one of the packs I used way back in 2009. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Hurray :smiley: How exciting to experience the game again. Having a computer that meets requirements makes a big difference.

Things to note...
    - You may be met with a Warning: Unrecognized Video Card message but this can be ignored. It just means your video card isn't in the system and that's because the game has not been updated in many years. It should default to the highest settings but not always. Most of the time you shouldn't need to manually add your video card.
    - Limiting your framerate is important for performance reasons! Sims isn't a game that benefits from extra framerate/FPS and can actually bog down game performance in this case. It's recommended to turn on vertical sync through your graphics card control panel. If you need more help with this, feel free to ping me.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    @SimplyJen thank you so much for the advise. I have followed a guide from steam that walked me through all those steps. The game is set up for tomorrow (where i am is so late already!). I'm so excited!
  • BrietishaBrietisha Posts: 5 New Member
    Congrats! I just embarked on my journey to return to TS3 as well :) Sims 4 is okay, but I don't get that in depth storytelling like I want and I just can't seem to get connected with my sims in TS4 like I used to with TS3.

I shall be returning as well :D Good luck and happy Sims3ing!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I’m also taking a break from my Sims 4 game. I feel burned out with it. I’ve been really wanting to play a legacy which I won’t do in the Sims 4 for reasons. I’m going to do it in the Sims 3 instead and I’m quite excited for it.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Absolutely Wow indeed. I got the game loaded and working after doing the relevant changes. I am totally addicted. I started with just base game and store content I had already purchased, no game play mods at all and I'm loving it. Still playing base game only and into generation 3 . I have added a couple stuff packs recently but no other expansions and a little cc for the toddlers and kids as they are lacking. Story progression still working. All the premades have died off and I still have a full town.
    I play on a laptop and have no lag or freezing and the game is just beautiful. At one point I had a full household too! It is chaotic at times, full autonomy and the sims care for themselves and their children. If a baby is hungry they feed them. If a toddler needs social they talk to them. If a child needs fun they play with them without me telling them to do it.
    Just Wow :):):)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    Awesome to all. I watched that video while eating lunch and I saw some that I didn't even know about.

Welcome back to all.
    :) Smile!

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    At the moment the game is playing super well. I don't want to get over excited (while it may be too late :lol: ) because last time it started fine but then unbearable lag started to happen. But this time i have a gaming laptop, so fingers crossed :)
    One thing i've noticed so far is that the game is loading super fast, like only a few seconds... this may be because of the ssd drive i have now...
    Scenery is absolutelly amazing! Even my husband, who's always so critic of ThE sImS :lol: has voiced a loud WOW when he saw my sim arriving at Egypt :smiley:
    I couldn't remember that sims could relax in a beach towel right in the middle of the desert and read a book at the same time :) so cool! My sim is an architect and i have redecorated two homes already, so she deserved a quick vacation in the desert :)
    Tomorrow i'll see if i can wake up earlier than usual to play a bit more before work. Have i mentioned how sims' addicted i am? :lol: