Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow Appreciation Thread

Β«134
Sooo I've finally stopped forgetting my hollow and started filling it up
(i guess one way to procrastinate my newcrest project lmao really why am I like this)
so I thought it'd be fun to share it here

and also see what everyone else has been doing with their forgotten hollow!
I really want to see what everyone has in their version :hushed::heart:
do send pics of builds and families and all that takes place in forgotten hollow!
⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free

Comments

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Ooo I love the builds! Do you post to the gallery by any chance?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited March 2021
    Ooo I love the builds! Do you post to the gallery by any chance?
    yes I do sometimes when I finish a build
    (or well, think i finished it only to edit it over and over :lol:)
    I posted
    Vlads Mansion
    on gallery today :smile:

and I have very early first version of the
    Big Mansion
    up too that i made for last halloween

the big mansion has been since changed quite few times for more detail and more stuff
    but its sort of always in progress so idk when I will get new version up

for goths new house I didn't add it in gallery yet
    cause I'm still wondering if i will get additional ideas for the exterior
    but spoiler alert I probably won't :lol:
    it will probably be added soon and I'll put link here when i do

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Wow. Really nice!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    I love forgotten hollow, but its just WAY TOO SMALL. Like most worlds in TS4 :(
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I love Forgotten Hollow. It's my favorite place to play. The only thing is, when I build, I usually go big and there are not enough large lots there.

Here is my current family's home, but I am still working on it, so they haven't moved in from the city yet. Their home in the city is almost identical, with some minor internal differences. I still have to finish those and do some landscaping.

9fjHs1M.png

This is what I was working on before I realized it was too big for any of the lots in Forgotten Hollow. I'm still working on this one as well and will release it soon on the gallery. Though it was intended for Forgotten Hollow, it may look good in Windenburg also. All four stories are accessible, including the attic and rooftop.

s5d8g4P.png
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited March 2021
    Lovely builds!
    After the Paranormal stuff pack release I made my all-things-spooky manor in Forgotten Hollow;I made the basement a coffin room. :mrgreen:

50894698613_09928f9b11_k.jpg
    50895529092_c088517a45_k.jpg
    50894698558_cd1efeb671_k.jpg
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    @Metaphasic so cool! never thought to mix the spoopy style with tudor but its such good match

@ashcrash19 love how you have mixed the colors I often end up avoiding bold swatches cause idk how to use them but this is so pretty :hushed::heart:
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I do like Forgotten Hollow. I just wish it was more like Moonlight Falls.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love your buildings and i LOVE Bella's dress ❀
    This remainded me that i haven't played in FH for a long time...
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I agree with the other town could use a bit more seriously realm of magic got 4 lots wish was more for vampires. though I hate Vlad he too much pain in the neck.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    edited March 2021
    I agree with the other town could use a bit more seriously realm of magic got 4 lots wish was more for vampires. though I hate Vlad he too much pain in the neck.

idk I quite like how it is actually cause it just feels more immersive in like "everyone is my puppet" way

but i do feel like the fake apartments made it feel bit less weird to have all the walkbys despite it just being 5 residential lots and chess tables

wish i could make those actual apartments

I mean sure i can move in 8 or so sims but they probably won't stay in their own areas and be pain to play all at once but p_p
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,831 Member
    I love the builds @Simmingal :)
    I don't have this pack. What's the story with the apartment buildings? Are they apartment buildings like in San Myshuno or Evergreen Harbor that contain a couple apartments each?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,372 Member
    wish i could make those actual apartments

I mean sure i can move in 8 or so sims but they probably won't stay in their own areas and be pain to play all at once but p_p

Get some room mates instead. You can have one playable sim and 7 room mates.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love FH and in my main save the vampires live in a more updated, shall I say more modern styles to their houses. All my houses in FH are not gloomy dark, well Straud mansion is still dark downstairs but for the most part, they have grown past, "I love your lovely neck" phase. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Simmingal

I also love Forgotten hollow but it's just so small-)

Your pics are great :)

My Forgotten Hollow looks like this at the mo..

e6LGpX2.jpg

After Paranormal came out I added a cemetery nightclub and CC fog (it's not easy to see in the pic-) Sims love it and i like it because a lot of sims visit for my vamps to feed on :)

JsUK2Sb.png

10 minutes to lockdown >:)

Earlier when Realm of Magic came out I always like a vamp and a witch/fairy combo household together so added a vamp build with magic aesthetics to accommodate that combo..

hayqbuE.png

I also love Glimmerbrook but again it's so small. I would love a cross mix of both those worlds making a much larger world.

None of these are my builds as I am so bad at creating lots I have to rely on our wonderful S4 creators for that :)

@Metaphasic

Your builds are lovely. I am also using a 64x64 build called Supernatural castle created by @AIRIS6962 as I wanted roommate Supernatural sims and plenty of room for them so they will be living in WB instead.

ybR8hof.png

@ashcrash19

Great build for Forgotten hollow I like the interior and the way you have managed to fit various themes in there :)

@SERVERFRA

I also love moonlight falls in S3 and often add that worlds weather mod to custom worlds I am playing for that beautiful natural spooky glow and fog :)
    I love the builds @Simmingal :)
    I don't have this pack. What's the story with the apartment buildings? Are they apartment buildings like in San Myshuno or Evergreen Harbor that contain a couple apartments each?

oh forgotten hollow doesn't have actual apartments

i just made buildings that look like apartments cause i wanted to make it seem bit more populated in there so it would explain all the walkbys

and i figured that if i wanted to make one lot for multiple occult families that would seem more reasonable

I'm thinking of having the building split in 3 or 4 parts inside depending on households i want to fit in :smile:

ive yet to do much of the insides

but one of these 2 buildings will have vatores and ive moved morgyn with them because well I've planned for morgyn and caleb to get together :sunglasses:

aaand maybe some more spoopy or occulty sims and snacks for the vampires shall live in those apartments

as far as story goes however those apartments like whole town were built by my legacy family alongside goths and vlad who was very insistent on adding statue of himself in the center for who knows what reason :lol:
    @Simmingal

I am liking your ideas for the apartment type lots..are those lots on the 30x20 lots or the 30x30 ones? how many sims do you think you could fit in there comfortably?

I love morgyn but I lost him as a sage when the pack first came out and i put him in a relationship with one of my witches and try as I might I have never been able to reinstate him as a sage which is really frustrating..

Have you any pics of the inside of the apartments so I can see how much room there is in there?
    edited March 2021
    @Simmingal

I am liking your ideas for the apartment type lots..are those lots on the 30x20 lots or the 30x30 ones? how many sims do you think you could fit in there comfortably?

I love morgyn but I lost him as a sage when the pack first came out and i put him in a relationship with one of my witches and try as I might I have never been able to reinstate him as a sage which is really frustrating..

Have you any pics of the inside of the apartments so I can see how much room there is in there?

don't have computer access atm (on phone) but I'll snap you grid pics tomorrow :smile:

both are on 30x30 lot but there is quite a lot of wiggle room behind the building and in front for aesthetic reasons

...in fact it would have probably fit the 30x20 if i didn't want so much space in front of the build but i just didn't want the building to be so close to road

for actual building I was really aiming to have 8 sims in building comfortably cause its the household limit unless modded

but am almost sure if one really tries there is space for more

might also add basement for secret party venue :sunglasses:
    @Simmingal

Thanks your build and ideas have me thinking about more supernatural roomies fitting in forgotten Hollow :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    rDXomU6.png
    Not my builds :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Lovely @Ellupelluellu

I love the builds you are using and the way you have staged the central lot for the pic :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    @SPARKY1922 , thank you :)

I love these kind of builds, but have no patience to even try and build my own :smile: Gladly I don't have to :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Does forgotten hollow have to be so dark all the time? I’d like to build a resort town there, change all the trees, etc., but it’s so dark.
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Does forgotten hollow have to be so dark all the time? I’d like to build a resort town there, change all the trees, etc., but it’s so dark.

It fits the theme and is one of the best thus out it. I love how the fog lifts as the game focuses on a selected lot.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.