Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Kits - Bite-size packs, big possibilities

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I would love kits that are focused on specific areas of build/buy. The plant kit is one of my favorites because it offers so much variance in objects that I use really often in my builds.

Imagine a kit focused on, let's say, windows! The kit would come with 20 - 30 window variations that use base game color swatches and unique shapes not yet in game. Triangle windows, more round windows, shutter variations, etc.

I feel like this concept could apply to so many areas of the game and really make kits feel like they were making a difference in how I build/play.

Now that is a kit I'd happily shell out money for! Renovating houses the last few weeks has really gotten on my nerves for the lack of matching shapes/sizes and do NOT get me started on the odd color combinations or again, lacking of matching woods between packs even if the shape is similar to another window, the woods don't match.

They should have used a basic standard wood swatch for all woods in the game, and then added additional swatches to anything new that they had a certain vibe they were wanting to achieve.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    How about a kit for Swimwear? Both men and women are sorely lacking in swimwear.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • duudeitsemilyduudeitsemily Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I've been a Simmer for 15+ years and I'm a little bit frustrated with some of the comments I see on reddit, Twitter, etc. regarding the price of the packs. A ton of work goes into these packs and I would love it if the Sims team would address it. People don't realize everything that goes into this:
    - concept development
    - total number of hours put in by employees for 3D modeling and coding (obviously being paid for their work)
    - cost of software/programs (some of these program licenses are incredibly expensive, especially when used for commercial purposes)
    - paying employees for game quality/testing
    - marketing, customer support, and administrative staff
    - cost of rent for office facilities, business expenses such as paper, printers, ink, etc.
    - and I'm sure way more that I'm not thinking of

People seem to have this seething mindset that Maxis/EA is robbing us blind with the cost of these packs, but the fact is, they are 1) a public, for-profit business with shareholders, 2) taking on considerable expense to develop these games, and 3) [this is just ranting] not a charity. If you go to a store and like something but can't afford it, you don't complain about the price. You just don't buy it or save your money if it's valuable enough to you. I am a college student on my second degree and working part-time (not making a ton of money), but I enjoy the Sims and start to set money aside once I see an announcement that new content is coming.

Anyways... this could be done in an interesting and non-confrontational way (social media video: Behind the Scenes of the Sims... showing man hours, office, equipment, etc. without giving any solid dollar amounts) because this narrative that Maxis/EA is pure greed is spreading like wildfire. I have professional experience in marketing and accounting and if anyone from the team is interested in discussing with me, I will gladly give my ideas. I love this game and want to see all of the hard work appreciated.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited February 2023
    I don’t actually care about the cost. I’d pay more for stuff. But the quality needs to be high for something we pay extra for. 🙂
    Post edited by JustinB113 on
  • simpureheartsimpureheart Posts: 39 Member
    Please can we get a lawnmower kit (in the same vein as Bust the Dust)? :grin:
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    Townhouse kit
    Adding a new dual lot type which allows for 2-3 business & or households to share a single lot successfully. Adds neighborhood watch sign , lawnmowers, HOA’s , cute townhouse decor
  • HahcbeachwavesHahcbeachwaves Posts: 121 Member
    edited March 2023
    Mini world kits
    I think mini worlds would be great for those of us looking for more space for our sims to live or more places for them to go and visit that we can put more of our own touch on . I’m thinking 2-5 empty lots that have minimal / no set dressing and are based on countries outside of the United States .. examples being : France , Greece ,Kenya, Sweden , El Salvador, Iceland, Uganda, Portugal,Ireland etc.
    and just a few build buy items common to that country.. examples being: roofing, siding , plants/ trees, windows, rugs, curtains, doors, flooring, foods, signage etc.

Think Newcrest but on a much smaller scale .
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited April 2023
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I don’t actually care about the cost. I’d pay more for stuff. But the quality needs to be high for something we pay extra for. 🙂
    I personally think the quality of the kits are fine. But, kits ( for me ), just do not give me the excitement that a stuff pack did. Stuff packs had clothes, hair, build/buy, sometimes jewelry, plus they had at least one item that was new gameplay. I always got very excited every time a new stuff pack came out. I always thought we got so much stuff for our10 bucks. I miss not having a few stuff packs come out each year. I now take much longer breaks from my game than I did when stuff packs came out. I buy the kits because I don’t use custom content, and can always find use for new stuff. But, I don’t get the excitement and extra length of play with kits as I did stuff packs. My oldest daughter who also plays the game ( but she plays on console ), has the exact same feelings about stuff packs versus kits as I do. I buy every thing, but she picks snd chooses kits . Yet, I don’t think there is one stuff pack that she hasn’t gotten.
    Please can we get a lawnmower kit (in the same vein as Bust the Dust)? :grin:

I hope a lawn mower kit works more like laundry stuff than bust the dust. Where your lawn only grows if you own a lawn mower with that family.
    Townhouse kit
    Adding a new dual lot type which allows for 2-3 business & or households to share a single lot successfully. Adds neighborhood watch sign , lawnmowers, HOA’s , cute townhouse decor

I love the idea of being able to have more than one household share a lot. I have little apartments I have built and can lock the doors to the other families, but they all have the same stuff shared among fridges, and storage boxes.
  • Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 22 Member
    I would love an office decor kit, maybe with cubicle's to build both personal and work offices. I would also love a kit with new gym equipment for both indoors and outdoors like ellipticals, bikes, stair climbers, dumbbells, new weight machines, bench press, hand weights etc. Finally, I would love new lot type kits or something like the Greenhouse Haven kit.
  • Areeds23Areeds23 Posts: 22 Member
    I would also love more kits that collaborate with game changers to design the kits like the Pastel Pop kit.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 858 Member
    edited May 2023
    I am begging the Sims team for the past/future build thing added in the recent survey to not be a kit!! Everyone is pleading to make it a GP or SP on Twitter, including myself. There is no point at ALL to either theme if we cant get gameplay for those styles. I do not want to imagine it, I want to play it, because this a game, and one we spend a lot of money on at that.
  • 007Ecko007Ecko Posts: 22 Member
    The newest kit, book nook kit or whatever. Every time I travel in my game some of the items (from that kit) will go into my build mode inventory. It's really annoying. If I place everything back as soon as I travel, right back into my inventory.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    007Ecko wrote: »
    The newest kit, book nook kit or whatever. Every time I travel in my game some of the items (from that kit) will go into my build mode inventory. It's really annoying. If I place everything back as soon as I travel, right back into my inventory.

Try saving the complete room to your library, delete the other one and put it back in.
  • RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    007Ecko wrote: »

I think it's a common issue for modular shelves/closets. After the ones in DHD dropped, HSY and Book Nook kit are shrouded in the same shadow.
  • mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Oh Wow that is so cool
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited July 2023
    The kits would be more interesting if Maxis could bring back the Premium content like TS3 Store.

I mean no complex gameplay but a few of new animations and interactions like

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited July 2023
    Areeds23 wrote: »
    I would love an office decor kit, maybe with cubicle's to build both personal and work offices. I would also love a kit with new gym equipment for both indoors and outdoors like ellipticals, bikes, stair climbers, dumbbells, new weight machines, bench press, hand weights etc. Finally, I would love new lot type kits or something like the Greenhouse Haven kit.

I would love to see your suggestions officially added to the game. I was disappointed that no new fitness equipment has been added to the game. However, if you're amenable to mods and can make us of them, you might find these helpful. The animations on the functional items are quite good, nice for screenshots and storytelling.

Let's Get Fit by Cepzid (includes pull-up bar, dumbbells, barbells, kettle bell (?), and functional stationary bike.)

Crossfit Reborn (based on the kit by Cepzid)

Small Spaces Work from Home by Sixam (It has a printer, routers, a projector, etc.)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    I'd really like for the team to try gameplay kits again, just some level of interaction to make the game spark. I would love a redo of a clutter kit that actually had interactions with the clutter & animations. I can't exactly think of any idea in particular off of head, but it would be nice to see those come back, especially since Stuff Packs are no more. & 2nd either in Kits or another pack, it would be nice to get more formal wears for CAS, I feel like those are lacking, we only have a small few, even with some added packs.

OIP.XcuYpo2DRJL1Mg6ZMqHzygHaLG?w=194&h=291&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.UQWEyO2TCoC4sv9zGbNfLgHaLH?w=194&h=291&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.HkpAztWtlbl2fEu2_F49VgHaJ6?w=194&h=260&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.TfPMNv4aYgm5TSHUkRPLkgHaJK?w=194&h=241&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.S2jW6fyJuNhGGMsmP-2oKwHaKJ?w=194&h=266&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.6pivfnJc8Te03oIxN5BoXgAAAA?w=175&h=350&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.a6pKylWLlELY-AhkX5I6iAHaNI?w=187&h=332&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.LNljJ5UJDBWMGACHJsR61QHaK1?w=194&h=284&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.GZOQtH3LrbyzGwW0MeInxQHaJ3?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.vC5pkUCAmFDTwz7i3MD94wHaLH?w=194&h=291&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.IDVDb44Cx-v20-K6oMs3qAAAAA?w=119&h=349&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.ioh7GVldeAYoMwJAymuKiQHaLH?w=194&h=291&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.UC5NgCVC0pqrdcTa_VjkqQHaJ4?w=194&h=258&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.dWwRfCElubb5KcQcC5B1fwHaEE?w=194&h=106&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.xVkzpnaQjQon30BqLXdwmgHaJo?w=194&h=252&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.0c5QZ_2xCkPjw_dN3BYRTAHaHa?w=214&h=214&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.iXbEssRn8GnptLRDDzprsAHaHa?w=214&h=215&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.rg95yV_wE31RrASJ3VSFrwHaHa?w=214&h=215&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.HVfVNX0NyBryv8W4hmxfbQAAAA?w=164&h=215&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.kml-yyaguXkO6tTfhMUipAHaJ3?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.rU3qW-8SV_SwsTXxsxytrgHaJ4?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.iZ1597VS_IPuE75XdqRYBgHaJ3?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.bMv3Ps0WMp4J5YZATcv_vgHaJ3?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.59pJ65iqqWgpEuXQQx4dFQHaJo?w=194&h=252&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.NIfEwlTpm_gko0Q-IC1uvgHaJ3?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.IwKiiWzAeqTCYp2-2auSewHaJ3?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.sEN5EitoTWWiyJDP0yQdSAAAAA?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
    OIP.eBvPA98LnCIRqMTXSkJUpAHaJ3?w=194&h=259&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited August 2023
    Other option

Maxis could bring the best items from The Sims FreePlay, Firemonkeys Studios had many good ideas.
  • LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,525 Member
    The Sims asks for so much and gives so little. I really think I might finally be done with Sims. This sucks. $5 for stuff that the community would do better for free? Why? Some clever group of MBAs somewhere has really destroyed this game for me.
    true !
    kits make zero sense.
  • amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited August 2023
    I would like to see niche kits. Historical clothing kits: Regency era clothing, Victorian era clothing, Edwardian era clothing, medieval royalty and serf clothing, Roman clothing, Egyptian clothing and so forth. To go with those, building and furniture kits plus wallpaper/floors for each era (including small appliances and electronics that mimic era objects so we can have functionality without being jarring).

We have light sabre fights, so it would be easy to do actual swordplay. Archery would be great, and we know it can be done because we have cc for that already. Same with harp and cello, lute, harpsichord, and so forth. The cc is beautiful and really works well. However a lot of people want to play without CC. But all those would do wonderfully well in historical kits.

Also era food could be added into a separate kit with the food being decor as well as eatable. I would love a decor pie, decor cookies, decor bread and rolls, for instance. Things you could put in a bakery or food cart for ambience. Niche kits have a real appeal, and would be a lot of fun.

I would also like to see a kit with horse drawn vehicles. Buggy, wagon, carriage, curricle, barouche and so forth. Since we have horses, at least some of those should be possible.

I think niche kits would make the whole idea of a kit really worthwhile.

edited to make more paragraphs and correct typo
  • Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited September 2023
    sims-4-kit-cover-feature.jpg

Cover leak for the new kits... found on Sims Community.
    I wish they would come up with sth different. The Modern Luxe stuff looks similar to Highschool Years and Get Famous objects.
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    We need a Pool kit that offers pool activities like slides, pool volleyball, etc. Most of the kits are just lame and really a money grab.