Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there so much fighting lately?

13...Next

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    trophy wrote: »
    From what i'm seeing its a combination of lackluster content and people feeling like they aren't being heard. It seems like every time something is announced, its the exact opposite of what everyone has been asking for. The kits for example. People have been complaining about the current packs we have being lacking in content. They wanted them more fleshed out and to possibly get rid of either gp or sp because having both was feeling a little redundant at this point. Instead they gave us yet another, even smaller pack. People are getting frustrated. So when something we have been asking for finally does get released after years of asking for it, like the bunk beds, its kinda too little to late. Doesn't help that they threw the news in between the kit announcement and the 21st birthday release either.

I believe the kits got leaked on twitter and the devs were forced to make an announcement. It definitely has overshadowed the bunkbed reveal.

This. Everyone keeps forgetting that we weren’t supposed to find out about kits until March and that it was leaked. And I wouldn’t even call it a leak but an unintentional full reveal lol
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    edited February 2021
    How long are people supposed to celebrate about bunk beds...? Yeah, people are happy about them...but they don't really influence the future of the game like Kits inevitably will.

You can say "don't like, don't buy" all you want, but there's a fear of Kits taking what should've been part of other packs and separating what little content we already get in overpriced packs. There's a fear of how much they'll cost. We have 3 different pack types, that's more than enough, yet they're breaking them down even more? Bust the Dust is only coming with 5 items and the ability for your house to get dusty (which you can actually disable???) and it seems like something that should be part of a bigger pack. How much further are they going to take this? What does it mean for The Sims 5???

Anyway, it helps to understand all sides of an argument before blowing the other person off. Even if they are hostile, there's a reason for it. What may seem small and 'not a big deal' to you, may be a very big deal to someone else. :)

Edit because I forgot dust kit also comes with 2 aspirations.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I am not sure why the DLC thing is a controversy. If you don't want the DLC, don't buy it. A Simple solution really. Otherwise, the hostility is pretty normal anymore.

Some think it's going to result in a decrease in content for future expansion and game packs.

Some are upset because they feel these kits were deliberately held to the side for future release when they could have been included in a prior pack. In other words a cash grab

Personally I believe these kits are sets that may have been planned for prior packs but were cut because of budget or time constraints. Not held back deliberately to charge more. And since the game is probably starting to wind down the developers wanted to give us the chance to purchase these assets.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,879 Member
    Personally I believe these kits are sets that may have been planned for prior packs but were cut because of budget or time constraints. Not held back deliberately to charge more. And since the game is probably starting to wind down the developers wanted to give us the chance to purchase these assets.

This !!!!!!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Ooh, if I think of it this way it makes me less upset haha! I like this idea. :D

8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I am not sure why the DLC thing is a controversy. If you don't want the DLC, don't buy it. A Simple solution really. Otherwise, the hostility is pretty normal anymore.

Some think it's going to result in a decrease in content for future expansion and game packs.

Some are upset because they feel these kits were deliberately held to the side for future release when they could have been included in a prior pack. In other words a cash grab

This is one of the things I was thinking too, that it's extra or abandoned ideas for items and concepts that don't belong to a bigger theme and are just floating around. I remember hearing once about a bunch of unused content from a past game that never made it into packs so players never got the stuff and since then I've been like, can they just release an "odds and ends" pack at the end of the cycle so we get everything? Lol. But this could work too. I just don't want to see any created content go to waste.
    #Team Occult
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

This is one of the things I was thinking too, that it's extra or abandoned ideas for items and concepts that don't belong to a bigger theme and are just floating around. I remember hearing once about a bunch of unused content from a past game that never made it into packs so players never got the stuff and since then I've been like, can they just release an "odds and ends" pack at the end of the cycle so we get everything? Lol. But this could work too. I just don't want to see any created content go to waste.

This was my thought as soon as I saw the "kits". All of it looks like it could have been in other packs. Now, whether these things were deliberately "cut" out of the packs or if they decided they didn't fit the vibe of the pack, we'll never know. But I'm sure that these assets were already purchased and this is a way to not only give players some "extras" but for the company to re-coup some of the money spent on the assets.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Of course it's not entirely altruistic. They're in the business of making money after all. But I can't see them huddled around a table, cackling and rubbing their fingers together while deciding whether to add the kitchen set to Cats and Dogs or keep it out in order to sell it separately at a later date.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Torie wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Tha lack of dragons is starting to get on everyone's nerves. We need them.
    And elves by the way. Why there were no elves in the Sims, ever? So unfair.

But on topic: I have a feeling it has been this way wit the fighting for awhile now tbh. Not so much on these forums though.

Yes, I would love to see werewolves, elves and dragons as well <3
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    It is an players choice if they wish to indulge but for me I rather not as I see these Kits full of hypocrisy.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited February 2021
    Scobre wrote: »
    In short the return of the Sims 3 Store with the Sims 4 Kits is what making many upset. It was a buggy store that broke many saves in the Sims 3 and with how buggy Simmers say the existing packs are, ironic that they are wanting the most well known bugged content known to the Sims franchise.

Plus politics messing with social media has caused huge divides between family members too beyond just the Sims. We are living in an angry and violent world now. People are craving for wars so much more now than when I was a kid.

I agree with your post as I also see some hypocrisy happening as some players were against an store in Sims 3 and now it is being introduced in Sims 4 it is suddenly okay and one point about the Sims 3 store, you had tools to do some things w/o buying where as you have none in Sims 4. Very little is known about these kits such as cost, content.
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Yeah I think that too about kits, they are either unused assets or things they couldn't finish in time to be included in certain packs. It may not be the most honest of practices, but if they already have those "leftovers" might as well sell them just like anyone would in real life business. However I don't know if every kit they'll release will be "leftovers", probably not.
    logion wrote: »
    logion wrote: »
    People are not happy with the way the sims4 is going combined with the game going on for over six years. Nothing weird about it, really. And it's not going to go away either.

Admittedly, I am also one of those rare souls that really like the Sims 4 so I am not ready for the Sims 5 yet. DLC means they are going to continue this iteration of the game a little longer maybe? This is good news for people with older PCs. I am sure the Sims 5 will not be available for a lot of simmers because if they put into it all the things people have been complaining about forever, most average pcs will not be able to run it.

@SimsLady2000 I believe that the reason why a lot of people are angry is because they do like the sims4 or some parts of it so when something happens to it that they don't like, for example kits, they get angry because they still want to play it but don't like where it's going.

You are not one of those rare souls, a lot of people still like the game (me included). But people can also not be satisfied with some parts of it, and when that has been going on for over six years they start to lose hope and get angry.

I'm pretty sure the developers know this as well, they often mention how the sims4 have a lot of returning players, people come back and play the game, often when something gets released that they like.

And the bunk beds that we will get for free also shows that they are aware and that they are listening to people that are not happy as well.

This is also why I don't like the "Don't like it don't buy it." or "Stop playing the game then." argument. People still play the game and telling them to go away is not going to help...

Yes, the "Do not like it, do buy it" thing is not good to say for if people actually stopped playing or even buying revenue may decrease and so will the development for the program.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    You can say 'Don't like it don't buy it' but maybe I DO like the look of it and DO want to buy it, but I think the price is extortionate?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    You can say 'Don't like it don't buy it' but maybe I DO like the look of it and DO want to buy it, but I think the price is extortionate?

I hope they take all these points in consideration for the Tuesday reveal and release the kits at a fair price, otherwise it's gonna be rampage mode for the comunnity once again. I hope they also clarify what's going to happen with the other three pack types though.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Oh, yes, the lovely - "Don't like it, don't buy it" statement. As if that is supposed to make everyone quiet.

I remember how Exciting it was when Maxis made Expansions for The Sims game. Wow - we can go off the lot!
    Then in The Sims 2, a Christmas stuff pack was made. It was first released as free and then sold with a bit more in it. "Don't like it, don't buy it" was the rallying cry for those first Stuff packs in TS2.
    Then, near the end of TS2, a Store ~Baby Stuff! New Themes of outfits with Hair and Clothes... "Don't like it, don't buy it!" was the cry.
    The Sims 3 had a Store at release. It wasn't big, it didn't have much. They gave you some free points to spend with TS base game and World Adventures... "Don't like it, Don't Buy it!" the cry kept going. Then EA started selling what you couldn't get in Expansions and stuffs - Extra worlds, Venues, Baby Stuff! "Don't like it, Don't buy it!" That cry was still going on. A lot more people were rolling their eyes and all you got for your opinion, it was only an opinion... DLI, DBI!

Still, they're making smaller and smaller packs and still, the cry of "Don't like it, Don't buy it" goes on.

Yes, I think everyone who has been buying understands that saying.
    Let's also remember, if someone gives their opinion which is opposite of yours (3rd person), it doesn't mean it's a war nor that people have to explain why that opinion is not the only one. :cookie:
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Oh, yes, the lovely - "Don't like it, don't buy it" statement. As if that is supposed to make everyone quiet.

I remember how Exciting it was when Maxis made Expansions for The Sims game. Wow - we can go off the lot!
    Then in The Sims 2, a Christmas stuff pack was made. It was first released as free and then sold with a bit more in it. "Don't like it, don't buy it" was the rallying cry for those first Stuff packs in TS2.
    Then, near the end of TS2, a Store ~Baby Stuff! New Themes of outfits with Hair and Clothes... "Don't like it, don't buy it!" was the cry.
    The Sims 3 had a Store at release. It wasn't big, it didn't have much. They gave you some free points to spend with TS base game and World Adventures... "Don't like it, Don't Buy it!" the cry kept going. Then EA started selling what you couldn't get in Expansions and stuffs - Extra worlds, Venues, Baby Stuff! "Don't like it, Don't buy it!" That cry was still going on. A lot more people were rolling their eyes and all you got for your opinion, it was only an opinion... DLI, DBI!

Still, they're making smaller and smaller packs and still, the cry of "Don't like it, Don't buy it" goes on.

Yes, I think everyone who has been buying understands that saying.
    Let's also remember, if someone gives their opinion which is opposite of yours (3rd person), it doesn't mean it's a war nor that people have to explain why that opinion is not the only one. :cookie:
    So it has been used as a censor for years. I was wondering about that. <3 Nice to see you again. Yeah imagine how many transactions the Sims 5 will have.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller