Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is there so much fighting lately?

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's just another kind of DLC, so I'm not sure what is wrong with it? unless they starting to introduce loot box like you can only get this specific gameplay object through loot box and only for 2 weeks then I'm strongly against said practice, hell even I rarely use the 'gameplay' objects that are included in stuff packs because they didn't really that interesting so it's nice to buy specific gameplay objects in kit pack.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • TorieTorie Posts: 87 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Tha lack of dragons is starting to get on everyone's nerves. We need them.
    And elves by the way. Why there were no elves in the Sims, ever? So unfair.

But on topic: I have a feeling it has been this way wit the fighting for awhile now tbh. Not so much on these forums though.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I'm just going to say it, theres enough problems in real life, without agruements starting on here about a game, we all have different opinions but you can voice them in a respectful way and also just a thought yous can always just agree to disagree, I do stand by if you dont like something dont buy it, you wouldnt buy haggis if you didn't like it ? Would you ? 😂, a game is no different, if you dont like those kits dont buy them

Scottish person mentioned haggis! :D

Had it for dinner last night 😂 it was still fresh in my mind 🤣🤣 @calaprfy
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Oh, is there fighting? I must have missed it. If players are testy, it may be their own life's circumstances making them a bit combative. I tend to dive into my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited February 2021
    Maybe we need more positive-only, and negative-only threads? As much as segregating and echo chambers suck, there's too much of a fundamental clash between people. We could still interact with each other through neutral threads. If people feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable or frustrated (which happens to everybody), they can go to threads that are more their pace.

We can't keep wasting time fighting each other. We need to focus on the real enemy: EA.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I feel this goes deeper than just the Sims.

Lately every subject seems to have been polarized with each side vilifying the other.

There is a lot of fear in the world right now and it seems to be seeping into all other areas of life.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    From what i'm seeing its a combination of lackluster content and people feeling like they aren't being heard. It seems like every time something is announced, its the exact opposite of what everyone has been asking for. The kits for example. People have been complaining about the current packs we have being lacking in content. They wanted them more fleshed out and to possibly get rid of either gp or sp because having both was feeling a little redundant at this point. Instead they gave us yet another, even smaller pack. People are getting frustrated. So when something we have been asking for finally does get released after years of asking for it, like the bunk beds, its kinda too little to late. Doesn't help that they threw the news in between the kit announcement and the 21st birthday release either.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Also sometimes they do give us what we ask for but its not properly fleshed out. It seems like they just throw it in somewhere sometimes just to shut us up but don't really put any thought in to it. Which just goes back to the "not being heard" thing. Might as well not have added it in that case. That's my rant for the day. :D
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I feel this goes deeper than just the Sims.

Lately every subject seems to have been polarized with each side vilifying the other.

There is a lot of fear in the world right now and it seems to be seeping into all other areas of life.

its the ones that are grateful for a game and feel like they have to sugar coat EA/Maxis as if they are your friend vs The ones that have a deep relationship to the sims franchise as if they are in a toxic relationship with a video game/franchise.

Thats why we have a warzone... (exaggereted of course :) )
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    EA isn't our friend. That's not to say they're all monsters, but they're not our friend. The company wants money. The Devs want to keep their jobs. Both of these things I can understand. That doesn't mean I am okay with shoddy work or EA walking all over me by calling Stuff Packs Kits even though they're essentially the same thing.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    people will always complain and fight about literally anything in these forums its sadly how it is. i saw people nitpick abt having cc in the game bcz "modders are doing their job" like what?????? its why i don't frequent the forums as much anymore, its so toxic in here for reasons i consider minor. its ok to be negative and voice ur own opinion its fine. but recently that negativity has turned everyone against each other. all im sayin.
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    From what i'm seeing its a combination of lackluster content and people feeling like they aren't being heard. It seems like every time something is announced, its the exact opposite of what everyone has been asking for. The kits for example. People have been complaining about the current packs we have being lacking in content. They wanted them more fleshed out and to possibly get rid of either gp or sp because having both was feeling a little redundant at this point. Instead they gave us yet another, even smaller pack. People are getting frustrated. So when something we have been asking for finally does get released after years of asking for it, like the bunk beds, its kinda too little to late. Doesn't help that they threw the news in between the kit announcement and the 21st birthday release either.

I believe the kits got leaked on twitter and the devs were forced to make an announcement. It definitely has overshadowed the bunkbed reveal.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Maybe we need more positive-only, and negative-only threads? As much as segregating and echo chambers suck, there's too much of a fundamental clash between people. We could still interact with each other through neutral threads. If people feel overwhelmed or uncomfortable or frustrated (which happens to everybody), they can go to threads that are more their pace.

We can't keep wasting time fighting each other. We need to focus on the real enemy: EA.

There are positive and negative threads for each expansion pack release in the pack discussion section
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Yep. And I think they work pretty well, aside from the occasional person going into one thread to stir up drama.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    Yep. And I think they work pretty well, aside from the occasional person going into one thread to stir up drama.

You wouldn't be talking about me now would ye 🤣 I'm joking @Gordy
    Nikkih wrote: »

You wouldn't be talking about me now would ye 🤣 I'm joking @Gordy
    No, I love you. <3
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    I wonder if someday the community will finally agree on something, or am I dreaming too far? 😂
    edited February 2021
    Genkider wrote: »
    I wonder if someday the community will finally agree on something, or am I dreaming too far? 😂

Never going to happen, that would require everyone to think exactly the same that would be boring 🤣, people just need to be more kinder to each other @Genkider
    Genkider wrote: »
    Dragons. It's a win-win. Those who want them will get them, and those who don't won't have to deal with me mentioning them in every thread.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I am not sure why the DLC thing is a controversy. If you don't want the DLC, don't buy it. A Simple solution really. Otherwise, the hostility is pretty normal anymore.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    People are not happy with the way the sims4 is going combined with the game going on for over six years. Nothing weird about it, really. And it's not going to go away either.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    It truly makes me sad that this controversy overshadowed the bunk bed reveal and I feel like it kinda takes away from the people that are really excited about bunk beds. I'm not opposed to kits. New Simmers may be getting a cheaper alternative to DLC instead of having to pay a lot for the little they may use out of a ep, gp, sp...etc. But I can also see where more seasoned players who have purchased the og packs might feel cheated and like they have to re-purchase content they should have gotten in a pack that they already possess. I don't mind them, BUT if they are just smaller sp's than I want to see more gameplay in the other future packs. More aspirations! More Lot Types! More traits! & Overall for packs to feel more thought out.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    It truly makes me sad that this controversy overshadowed the bunk bed reveal ...

You are right! I missed the bunk bed reveal! Just my own opinion mind you but I own every pack and game ever put out for the Sims franchise since 2000. I still have all the discs from sims 1 and 2! I don't feel cheated at all. I am very happy with this move. DLC means new content faster as it does with the slew of other games that offer this same buying option. Also, since the focus will be on a smaller set of items at a time, they will probably be higher quality and have fewer problems. Bring it on I say.
    logion wrote: »
    People are not happy with the way the sims4 is going combined with the game going on for over six years. Nothing weird about it, really. And it's not going to go away either.

Admittedly, I am also one of those rare souls that really like the Sims 4 so I am not ready for the Sims 5 yet. DLC means they are going to continue this iteration of the game a little longer maybe? This is good news for people with older PCs. I am sure the Sims 5 will not be available for a lot of simmers because if they put into it all the things people have been complaining about forever, most average pcs will not be able to run it.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Torie wrote: »
    Tha lack of dragons is starting to get on everyone's nerves. We need them.
    And elves by the way. Why there were no elves in the Sims, ever? So unfair.

But on topic: I have a feeling it has been this way wit the fighting for awhile now tbh. Not so much on these forums though.
    I wouldn't mind dragons or elves.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited February 2021
    logion wrote: »

Admittedly, I am also one of those rare souls that really like the Sims 4 so I am not ready for the Sims 5 yet. DLC means they are going to continue this iteration of the game a little longer maybe? This is good news for people with older PCs. I am sure the Sims 5 will not be available for a lot of simmers because if they put into it all the things people have been complaining about forever, most average pcs will not be able to run it.

@SimsLady2000 I believe that the reason why a lot of people are angry is because they do like the sims4 or some parts of it so when something happens to it that they don't like, for example kits, they get angry because they still want to play it but don't like where it's going.

You are not one of those rare souls, a lot of people still like the game (me included). But people can also not be satisfied with some parts of it, and when that has been going on for over six years they start to lose hope and get angry.

I'm pretty sure the developers know this as well, they often mention how the sims4 have a lot of returning players, people come back and play the game, often when something gets released that they like.

And the bunk beds that we will get for free also shows that they are aware and that they are listening to people that are not happy as well.

This is also why I don't like the "Don't like it don't buy it." or "Stop playing the game then." argument. People still play the game and telling them to go away is not going to help...