March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A new pack type, the "Kit" is coming. Aka "Sims 3 store, 5 bucks for two chairs" is here

Comments

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    I mean if it doesn't seem like any dlc is worth the money we don't have to buy it...
    gen3-banner.png
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I'm not too interested in these kits, except for the dust bunnies :kissing_closed_eyes::joy: but I really hope these kind of kits will bring us something good later!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    So lemme get this straight...

I can't have actual pet bunnies in any of the sims games

but TS4 adds fricking dust bunnies before real bunnies?!

I am so mad.

Hopefully they will bring a small animal pack out!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I mean if it doesn't seem like any dlc is worth the money we don't have to buy it...

I’m concerned that they are continuing to split up content, so that the customer ends up spending more money in the long run. I’m confused about why this couldn’t have fit into a pack we already have.
    Is this going to be a $5 pack now?
    At a certain point, the amount of dlc is ridiculous, confusing for new players and morally dubious
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 715 Member
    Let's be honest, what would dust bunnies have been put into in the first place lol. Laundry?

On another note....is country kitchen maybe a hint to farms coming in the future?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 277 Member
    My neat sims can't wait to get their hands on that vacuum! :D I'm on console so I'm not mad at the option for more stuff.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    Let's be honest, what would dust bunnies have been put into in the first place lol. Laundry?

On another note....is country kitchen maybe a hint to farms coming in the future?

Why couldn’t they have been put in Laundry? Or in several other packs? Now we have to spend extra money for them. This is what EA wants in the long run.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Please no. Sims 3 store is extortionate! I am please with the three pack types of ts4. Keep it this way.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member

credit to thepancake1 for the pictures.

I know I complained that we had too many stuff packs... but this is not what I expected. This is getting closer and closer to microtransactions for me and I don't want microtransactions for the sims...
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    logion wrote: »

credit to thepancake1 for the pictures.

I know I complained that we had too many stuff packs... but this is not what I expected. This is getting closer and closer to microtransactions for me and I don't want microtransactions for the sims...

Maybe it's a taster for the sims 5 @logion
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    I'm mildly interested in kitchen one but thats just cause it looks like type of items cool kitchen should have had...

and kitchens in game are quite lacking...

but don't see why its kit...some items swatches...might change my opinion and price might just make it unreasonable all together :/

the throwback one just looks like baby of snowy escape and idk? fitness stuff? university? so nah not very much in need of this type of clothing + i see a croptop so i am already annoyed

(think ive seen this dress on concept art somewhere tho???)

dust one....? so many vacuums??? and for what?? i was thinking more like those feather thingies and brooms and wiping surfaces but... no vacuums were not on the dusty old mansion vibes list so I'll pass
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited February 2021
    Wait are dust bunny like pets?!!

Ok, it looks from the pics like you can interact with them, whaaaa?!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Dusting could have been placed in Laundry Day, Eco Lifestyle (cleaning up dirt and living a healthier life), Get to Work (cleaning is very important when you're doing labwork and you could study dust bunnies; they could have an impact on crime scenes), or so many other packs because cleaning is such a generic thing and important to literally every person's daily life.

Country Kitchen could have gone into Cool Kitchen (or Cats & Dogs), and Throwback Fit could have gone into any pack with fitness stuff - maybe Fitness Stuff. They don't 100% match the Stuff Packs' styles, but those are some of the most barebones Stuff Packs that are absolutely not worth the $10-15 price tag.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    bixters wrote: »

Why couldn’t they have been put in Laundry? Or in several other packs? Now we have to spend extra money for them. This is what EA wants in the long run.

I'm not saying that they couldn't have been put in laundry, I was asking what packs besides laundry would work for this feature since I couldn't think of any. Forgive my formatting, I haven't used a forum in years until recently.

Personally, I don't see what's wrong with adding new stuff to the game that could've gone in another pack- they get new ideas, and if it's a good one I wouldn't want them to just can it because "oh, but we could've done that before". Now, please note that that's only with older packs. If they start trying to sell things that could've easily gone in, say, Paranormal, we'd be having a much different conversation. But if they try to sell something that could've gone in Paranormal two years from now, I'd welcome it.

And yes, that is what EA wants in the long run. It's a company, they want money.
    • She/Her.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'm mildly interested in kitchen one but thats just cause it looks like type of items cool kitchen should have had...

and kitchens in game are quite lacking...

but don't see why its kit...some items swatches...might change my opinion and price might just make it unreasonable all together :/

the throwback one just looks like baby of snowy escape and idk? fitness stuff? university? so nah not very much in need of this type of clothing + i see a croptop so i am already annoyed

(think ive seen this dress on concept art somewhere tho???)

dust one....? so many vacuums??? and for what?? i was thinking more like those feather thingies and brooms and wiping surfaces but... no vacuums were not on the dusty old mansion vibes list so I'll pass

I think a could get behind the kitchen and the Hoover depending on the price, at the end of the day we dont have to buy it @Simmingal
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    This.. this sounds awful. More compacted dlc??
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    Gordy wrote: »
    Dusting could have been placed in Laundry Day, Eco Lifestyle (cleaning up dirt and living a healthier life), Get to Work (cleaning is very important when you're doing labwork and you could study dust bunnies; they could have an impact on crime scenes), or so many other packs because cleaning is such a generic thing and important to literally every person's daily life.

Country Kitchen could have gone into Cool Kitchen (or Cats & Dogs), and Throwback Fit could have gone into any pack with fitness stuff - maybe Fitness Stuff. They don't 100% match the Stuff Packs' styles, but those are some of the most barebones Stuff Packs that are absolutely not worth the $10-15 price tag.

Eco Lifestyle would've been a decent fit for the dust bunnies, I agree!

The older stuff packs...yikes. They were so lacking comparing to what we've been getting recently, so I'm happy with them getting a little bit something something new
    • She/Her.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Eco Lifestyle would've been a decent fit for the dust bunnies, I agree!

The older stuff packs...yikes. They were so lacking comparing to what we've been getting recently, so I'm happy with them getting a little bit something something new
    Yeah. I really want an update to Fitness, especially. I want home exercise videos and the wall climbing thing, but I don't think it's worth it to buy the pack just for them. They're being held back by the pest of the pack.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I feel like the kitchen stuff should have come with Cool Kitchen. That pack has more hair and clothes and that ice cream thing than it has stuff for your kitchen.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    The dust bunnies pack looks hilarious ngl.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edit: there is screenshots on twitter! dust bunnies are actually cute bruh... i might have to get million vacuums just for them...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    I feel like the kitchen stuff should have come with Cool Kitchen. That pack has more hair and clothes and that ice cream thing than it has stuff for your kitchen.

So we finally agree 🤣 @SimmerGeorge
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

The problem, of course, is that the Gallery is designed on purpose so you cannot filter out builds using packs you don't have. Specifically because EA wants you to feel forced to buy the packs.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I like the kitchen one. I could always use new kitchen sets that aren’t cc for building.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif