Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNWRAP 21 PRESENTS FOR 21 YEARS OF THE SIMS!

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @simgirl1010

Yes I was trying to get my sim to prepare the meals as my sim has quite a high cooking skill but when I clicked on the stove/fridge nothing came up that looked any different and now i can see from your picture that the dishes are named along with the creator I know they defo were not on the list when I tried. Then I sent my sim to a food stall thinking maybe the food was tied into the stalls. I only just thought about the possibility of learning a recipe for them to show up on the prepare list for my sim to cook. I have total brain fog right now it's 2.30am and i am going to try and get some sleep and start again tomorrow. Thank you for taking the time to help me it is much appreciated :) I am not on twitter or facebook so have to rely on the news and info from this this forums alone..

• lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Wow and not in a great way...like really how can they not see that we need sooo much more where are....direct control options🤧, the cars, or picnics in the yard, grocery shopping and running out of food, chopping wood for fireplaces or no fire. Longer hair options, sexy or funky hair. They been playing the game for how long and they don't think we need anything to more to make the base game more idea. Hair blowing in the wind....not what I expected guys but thanks anyway...I did enjoy the food options n eye smiles n jeans were my favorites..
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    So.... they basically just released like two new items and a bunch of recolors? I am unimpressed.... I mean there are like 15 new items but... are they really new?
  • alamnaalamna Posts: 2 New Member
    sorry I don't see them being gay friendly at all, except to lesbians and females. Nothing for males in the 21 years it appears. 6 lesbian couples 3 transgender CWG sims and a pair of gay males. Talk about sexual discrimination and hate. and it's in every pack. coulda atleast included something for a male toddler and sorry age lines don't count those happen to females as well. Don't like it wish you hand'nt. I woulda liked some real updates as well you know stuff like keeping the ghost from spawning under roofing. or how about fixing the reaction animals have to the alluring potions from the magic pack, that a little disturbing. Maybe you will beable to create a pack that has actual male clothing in it then stuff that dose'nt look like it's from the womens section of good will.
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    You know? Fixing the game would have been a better update. I mean, it's free content, that's cool. But the game is broken. If they really wanted to do something significant for the 21st anniversary, fixing a game that has been and still is broken for the last 7 years would have been very much appreciated. So thanks for those 21 items, but we could have gotten them free anyway-- as a matter of fact, I already have some of them in my game already.
    lisfyre wrote: »
    Well I've updated but I can't play. The update button is up and won't let me do anything until I update - which I have done 5 times now. The play button never shows up. I've rebooted the system but it still won't let me do it. HELP!!

Well I've been trying for over 2 hours to get in the game. The UPDATE won't go away and I can't play. Can anyone help please and thanks :)

Ummmm... sorry, I am not sure what happened to your game. Try contacting their chat support, I've done it once when my game won't update at all. Yes, some of their chat agents are somewhat oblivious to tech support, but I find that most are actually competent. And have helped me resolved my concern. I hope this helps.

Other than this... try repairing your game. Settings >> Repair. Remember to your computer and Origin after repair.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Thank you for the all the content creators involved! It gives the console players a taste of the CC creations that PC players get to choose.

...But can masculine sims stop being forgotten in CAS? Please. :)
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Thank you for the 21 gifts! Thank you to all who worked on it!
  • lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    Well I've updated but I can't play. The update button is up and won't let me do anything until I update - which I have done 5 times now. The play button never shows up. I've rebooted the system but it still won't let me do it. HELP!!

Well I've been trying for over 2 hours to get in the game. The UPDATE won't go away and I can't play. Can anyone help please and thanks :)

Ummmm... sorry, I am not sure what happened to your game. Try contacting their chat support, I've done it once when my game won't update at all. Yes, some of their chat agents are somewhat oblivious to tech support, but I find that most are actually competent. And have helped me resolved my concern. I hope this helps.

Other than this... try repairing your game. Settings >> Repair. Remember to your computer and Origin after repair.

Thank you for answering. I've repaired it 3 times now and still no joy. How do I contact chat support?
  • lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member

Thank you for answering. I've repaired it 3 times now and still no joy. How do I contact chat support?

Got in touch with chat support - thank you again ;)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    I'm thrilled with all of the content. I don't have any CAS or Build/Buy cc in my game so this is all new for me. Happy for all the creators who contributed.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I am so very UnderWhelmed!
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    I updated my game and now all of the paintings on my walls have gone blank. They’re paintings from the gallery, that aren’t marked as CC. Even new paintings I try placing on my wall from the gallery are coming out blank.
    Do you have any mods? @luthienrising made a thread listing all the broken mods.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/987377/broken-mods-cc-21st-anniversary-patch-feb-21#latest
    I do have mods! I don’t know where to begin to trying fixing this. :(

Hi there :) So, that sounds like an old bug of some kind. I would suggest looking at Simsonic's list, linked on the front page of my current Broken Mods topic, to make sure all your mods are compatible, not previously broken. There's also a link to the 50-50 method for finding your broken content.

Hi again! I hate to bother you, as I’m sure you’re busy, but I removed all my mods from my game and I’m still having the same issue. :/ All of the gallery paintings I have around my home are blank/white. Even when I try putting all new paintings down from the gallery they place blank/white. :( Makes me not want to play ever again period honestly.

Have you gone to the "help" section of the forum to report your problem and try to get help?

I have been making a new restaurant and I've been using the "NOCC paintings" from the gallery. I haven't run into that problem.

If you had mods in the game, did you also delete the local cache file when you pulled them out to test? If not, then it may think the mods are still there.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm thrilled with all of the content. I don't have any CAS or Build/Buy cc in my game so this is all new for me. Happy for all the creators who contributed.

I Agree! I don´t play with CC/mods (can´t fix my game if a cc/mod would break it), so this is very welcome. :) I just love the crow's feet and I would be even more happy if it would be possible to use crow's feet AND usuall forehead wrinkles at the same time (now you have to chose either of them). Well done sim creators, everything is awesome! <3
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I finally understand what is in this anniversary, content wise. A few items, clothes and food items. Basically fluff content not created by EA that was added in.

I'll withhold my strongly held opinion since there is nothing worth stating on the matter in any positive sense. After last years disaster a second repeat isn't going to happen.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's exciting to see all the hard work from cc creators getting some love and acknowledgement by EA/Maxis. Watching HeyHarrie's little video where she gets all choked up got me all misty-eyed too.... I'm just so dang happy for these talented folks! It's not every day a multi-million dollar entity shows such appreciation to its fanbase to the point of inviting them to participate in the creation process. So a big thumbs up from me for all parties involved in this 21st b-day celebration!

Now everyone gets to enjoy a little taste of these cc creators' awesomeness-ness! :D<3
    Post edited by AncientMuse on
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I so didn't see this coming, I thought it would just be a repeat of last February. Good job team. :)
  • HarvellHarvell Posts: 14 New Member
    Maybe I'm just cynical, but if they're going to add user-created content, why not the many, MANY AI and bug fix mods?

Got in touch with chat support - thank you again ;)

I hope your issue was fixed. :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love the talent from so many amazing creators in our mod community.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    These are amazing! What a nice surprise!

I’m a little shocked at how some people are reacting negatively to free content being added! :D
  • thenameslynith13thenameslynith13 Posts: 55 Member
    I saw the food and that's all I need<3
    I do so hope that they bring in the people that created the Star Trek, Doctor Who, Medieval & Prehistoric Mods in the Sims 4 devs team. I can only play vanilla cause my computer spits out any actual Mods.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    carpe_diem wrote: »

I Agree! I don´t play with CC/mods (can´t fix my game if a cc/mod would break it), so this is very welcome. :) I just love the crow's feet and I would be even more happy if it would be possible to use crow's feet AND usuall forehead wrinkles at the same time (now you have to chose either of them). Well done sim creators, everything is awesome! <3

And one little detail that I forgot to mention... I'm not English speaking so it took a little while before I understod what a crow's feet really is.... Haha! I was clicking on my sim's feet like a crazy and scrolling through the shoes section like a maniac before I got the genius idea to just google translate it...Lol :D

Post edited by carpe_diem on
    I actually, prefer smiling lines to crow's feet; it just sounds better.