Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No CC Decades Outfits

AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
I'm not sure if there's a thread like this already, sorry if so! I'm not on the forums much anymore.
Anyway! As a big lover of the Decades Challenge, I've always wondered if it'd be possible to do the challenge with no CC whatsoever. I think it is, although I also think it'd be very difficult. I've decided to make a project out of trying to create outfits for the Decades without using any CC.

I've mostly focused on Teen/YA+ Feminine outfits because I just find them easier. Once I finish I might go back and do Masculine & Children outfits, as well as wedding looks.

Also, I welcome any other outfits or ideas anyone has and wants to share!

It has to be said, but I'm no expert on historical fashion. I try to do research but since I'm relying on just what we have without CC, these aren't going to be very accurate.

1890-1919

Yes, I know this encompasses like... three whole decades. However, lumping these together was the easiest for me lol. I think these decades are the absolute most difficult to accomplish without CC. They're not perfect, but I did my best! Also, I skipped a few outfit categories for this but later one I'll do an outfit for each.
70483cd41b6ab605d6035b340e4de07bb2da9ea9.png

Thankfully Get Famous blesses us with some lovely gowns that work pretty well for this period. Also, that classic Gibson Girl hairstyle! In one of these decades (I forget which, but maybe all three?) men's fashion began to influence women's a bit. I tried to represent that a little with the third outfit.
302c57031bff2ed8b0d3ad37d7c7593cccac3aab.png

This second Formal outfit is a bit inappropriate for the time period for several reasons:
1. Too lowcut.
2. The open sides.
3. The transparency around the midriff.

However, I think the overall length and style kind of works for that Edwardian evening wear.

For sleep outfits, I just wanted a simple white nightshift or nightgown. The first one is actually the graduation gown from Discover University, but I think it's probably my favorite for a modest sleeping gown :)
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    1920-1929

When I think of 1920's fashion I immediately think of loose, slouchy, shapeless clothes and hemlines that reach about mid-calf. The Flapper Girl is absolutely an iconic look for the decade, but to me, it tends to get over-stereotyped and is more about the ideals than the appearance.
    6ca3578ea86f7c2f0c3096826e7abcfd150c9a4f.png
    For the Active outfit, I tried to replicate a simple 1920′s tennis player outfit.
    213519ab338bef3bb260e68de5dd117a8f1b14d1.png
    c1614890574cb3093f1985f2ba700bb742ac354e.png

The Party outfit was my attempt at a more flapper-ish style. I think the hem on this skirt is way too short even for a flapper and I wish I’d styled this in black instead of blue!

Reference for that first sleep outfit:
    screenshot_38.png
    1930-1939

Alright, so I have to admit… while the 1930s are absolutely fascinating from a historical perspective, I am not even remotely interested in 1930’s fashion. With that in mind, I actually had a hard time with this set. I ended up just making one outfit per category because I worried that I would have to re-use some things for the 1940s and 1950s.
    e7355f83b3a96780e9b11649132bb42f1afb0823.png
    0e5ddb4e48121d93807b6817bbd3edfe55cb13a6.png

The Cold Weather outfit was a hard one for me. We have one lovely coat that would have been fine, but it’s a Full Body outfit and the skirt attached is way too short. I ended up picking this top from the Star Wars pack because it reminded me a bit of a slouchy winter cape. It might be a bit of a stretch but I like it a lot!

References for Athletic & Cold Weather:
    cade6e46fcf33cb2946cf549e3ed6026.jpg
    screenshot_39.png
    1940-1949

So, the ’40s are my absolute favorite period for fashion. I don’t know why. I fell in love with it as a teenager and there was a period where all I wanted was to dress like this. I think it had something to do with this super cute Youtuber I’d watch who dressed in 1940’s dresses. Anyway, the point is I love it and it was very hard for me to put together outfits that suited the decade without CC. I’d almost say it was painful! I did my best.
    1940s1.png

For the Everyday outfit, this dress made me think of what a 1940’s housewife would likely wear at home or maybe even just to go to the grocery store or something. Long dresses with slight cleavage, sometimes with thin straps, seem to have been a popular Formal look. For Athletic, once again we have white. Most of the feminine athletic gear I’ve found for these decades has been white and centered around tennis looks. I guess tennis was the most popular sport for women? For the ’40s, I see a lot of outfits like this, some with shorts, others with skirts, and some with what looks like both. I went with a skort for this one.
    1940s2.png

There were quite a few different swimwear options that I discovered for this decade, but I saw plenty that looked like short little dresses like this and I think they were my favorite! For the Hot Weather, I decided to go with some fisherman overalls because they looked pretty close to a Land Girl sort of outfit!

I will try to post the 50s & 60s outfits I have tomorrow :D
    1950-1959

Okay, so I forgot to do Athletic and Swimwear for this decade, but in all honesty, with what we have without CC, it probably wouldn't be much different from the 40s. The 50s always make me think of big skirts which are also something we don't really have. It also makes me think of Audrey Hepburn's pixie cut and... Grease. Now, Grease isn't something I'd go to for accurate representation, but I can't help it. For the sleepwear, I tried to replicate - as well as I could - Frenchie's outfit from the sleepover scene (not going to post a reference just in-case it's not allowed for some reason?). In the scene she also has curlers in her hair and some kind of netting or wrap to hold them in place, which I tried to replicate with the headscarf/wrap used. Not sure if it works, but it was an attempt.
    1950s1.png
    1950s2-1.png

Cold Weather is basically the same as one of the 30's outfits, but as I mentioned then, between the 30s, 40s, and 50s, we'd probably see some overlap just thanks to CAS limitations. The Hot Weather outfit is my favorite, though. I love that style! My grandmother used to wear outfits like it :)

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Oh my Hell I wish I had thought of these sooner!
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Oh my ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I wish I had thought of these sooner!

Honestly, I wish I'd thought to make these back when I did the Decades challenge xD
    1960-1969

I think I had the most fun with the 60s by far! I decided to focus a little more on a mod-ish look (i think that's what this is, anyway) and less on the whole 60s flower-child aesthetic, because I feel like I'll end up going that route a bit more in the 70s.

I also feel like it would be much easier to come up with several outfit ideas for this decade versus some of the earlier ones! I had trouble picking which ones to show here xD
    1960s1.png
    1960s2.png
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    I love these so much! After you've done all of the decades of women's fashion, could you do men's too?
    I love these so much! After you've done all of the decades of women's fashion, could you do men's too?

Definitely! I'd like to do men's and children's :)
    I will say that in my (albeit limited) historical fashion research, the 1920s is the most accurate silhouette wise (again, I barely study post-midcentury decades). But I do seriously love this, excited for the 70s.
    1970-1979

So, the 70s! I don't know much about 70s fashion, but it seems like a time with few rules and lots of experimentation within one's wardrobe. I actually struggled with this decade, simply because of the variety of directions you can take the fashion and the plentiful options we have in CAS. Honestly, I don't think it would be hard to put together an entire save of 70s Sims without CC!

So I did my best here. I wanted to do a bit of the peasant look, but for most of this I just found fashion photographs from the 70s and used them to inspire the outfits.
    Also, sorry for any weird stretching on the Sim, I edited with a new program and it wasn't working out too well for me, LOL
    ff539d56ba39dffdbf6e14e8005660f5ce989641.png
    45608799816a86a29f1fdc7ea0954b9034b66e40.png

As always, if anyone has more ideas or thinks they can put together some better 70s looks without CC, I fully welcome you to share them!
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Nice clothing choices, it looks awesome :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    nice!
    6adMCGP.gif
    1980-1989
    It took me a while to do this one! Life has been busy lol
    9b8fcd3233e90542c36f9cf8a2bc955a5fdaf654.png
    ceaf8cd78823b8c1b128feae3f1c945d4ec654af.png
  • Nyane81Nyane81 Posts: 60 Member
    I love this! Can you please make for children too?
    Nyane81 wrote: »
    I love this! Can you please make for children too?

Hello! Sorry for the delayed response, been very busy and haven't had time to continue working on these! I definitely planned to go back and attempt these for Children once I finished adult-feminine. Eventually, I would like to do adult-masculine as well, though I'm afraid that would be very repetitive for the first for decades :'(
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    going do the 90's?
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
    going do the 90's?

Yes! At some point, hopefully :D I got locked out of my account here for a while until like, just now oops! So I'll try to work on these again soon <3
    Sorry it's taken me so long to continue these. Life is busy and I got locked out of my account for a bit. Also, I lost the template I was using, so there's no fancy editing for this one. The screenshots also might be a bit too bright, sorry for that as well :'(

1990s

As a product of the 90's, you'd think this would have been easy for me. It was not! I'm a little rusty since it's been a while but I did my best. A few outfits were inspired by Monica from friends, lol!

After this I'll do 2000's and then I think I'll be finished with feminine decades look and will move on to children styles, masculine and feminine. I will likely skip Toddlers since they're already the most limited with CAS options but we'll see.

06c0016a2ec25dd8573ff6b7c00f84de17961ff4.png

fd971ec973253324954a2efbd229a61d80c5e86b.png

How did I do?
    Think you can do better? Show me your no CC Decades looks!
    2000's

Though it's probably more like, 2000-2005. I kind of kept to early-mid 2000's rather than anything from the latter part of the decade. Possibly because I graduated high school in 2010 and I really didn't want to analyze my high school fashion...

Anyway! I actually used one of my 2000's Sims from my old Decades Challenge to model this :) Miss Lilac Beckham, who ended up being one of my favorite characters of all time to play and write.

0217bfa960f656e9e5e8a8101c2e943a555fe944.png

7e9e8b0920267b70860b7ed6e6440ceec3acbc4c.png

This actually concludes the T/YA/A feminine decades outfits! I'm going to work on children's next, though it'll likely take me some time and we may see a lot of repeated outfit styles and skipped categories. At least for the early decades, there's not a lot of options for historical children's clothes.

As always, I'd love to see anyone else's ideas for CC-free decades looks :)
  • Tinker41Tinker41 Posts: 25 Member
    All these fashions are fantastic! I love how games like The Sims let us experiment with styles from different periods!
    With the new Cottage Living pack, you can totally make more varied outfits for the 1890s-1910s
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I have an idea can use in the 50s one of the swimwear has dots on the top or can do theme yellow polka dot bikini and summer girls were wearing sundresses with big hats.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top