Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Anyone Else Getting a glitchy Evergreen harbour?

I tried reporting this on answers HQ but it wouldn't let me submit the problem, it's the background of the world that's flickering and moving strangely glitching , Its that bad i cant play in the world

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    It looks like more people have this problem on console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PS4-ECO-Evergreen-Harbor-flickering-pyramids/td-p/9491401

I know there was trouble with the world glitching out if you edited it when the pack was released, for example adding a restaurant to the harbor, but they patched it.

My best advice is to try and add or remove the green and modern initiatives, maybe that could fix it. Or place back the original lots.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Thank you I'll give it a try 😊 @logion
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    @Nikkih here is a post from one user that managed to get rid of it by doing this:

I’ve been having the same issue. I managed to find a way to fix it, or at least it worked for me. All I did was make a random character and world in Fall and put them on a lot that had the glitching pyramids. When I loaded it up, it was fine. After that I went back to the world that was glitching before and it was fixed. Hope this helps!
    logion wrote: »
    @Nikkih here is a post from one user that managed to get rid of it by doing this:

I’ve been having the same issue. I managed to find a way to fix it, or at least it worked for me. All I did was make a random character and world in Fall and put them on a lot that had the glitching pyramids. When I loaded it up, it was fine. After that I went back to the world that was glitching before and it was fixed. Hope this helps!

I will try with a random character first, and place them in a house, I really hope I dont have to start a new save 😂, thank you, hopefully one of those options work @logion
    edited February 2021
    It's still happening 🤣, I created a new save, kept the original lots , placed someone in the world in the fall, hopefully EA fix this soon, it's a complete eye sore lol

Quite a few worlds background are glitching, I just noticed, it seems to be a rock
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Paigec945Paigec945 Posts: 79 Member
    This has been happening to me since the kits released. Im not sure which kit is causing the rendering error, but i've noticed it's mostly build mode that glitches. for instance, if im playing a sim and i go into build mode from play mode, renderings are allllllll over the place (evergreen harbor). some lots are worse than others. its been a week since, and renderings get better day to day. yesterday none of my lots in game were glitching. This is only happening in Evergreen Harbor, ive checked the other worlds. it doesn't affect gameplay much, however occassionally my cursor will be very slow, like the game is lagging because of the rendering. Hopefully once they tweak dust bunnies, this will fix the issue.
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    This just started happening to me…again 😭. I’m on PS5 with an up to date game. I went into build mode in Evergreen Harbor (the docks neighborhood) and it started flickering like crazy. I thought this was fixed…