Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 on PS5 is amazing!

2...Next

Comments

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited September 2022
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    I just ordered my ps5 and it should come soon, and I’m mostly curious for those who use latest gen, how the game performs in crowded places like San Myshuno festivals (San Myshuno in general, is it smooth?) or University dorms? On PS4 it was sometimes alright and sometimes the lag was getting serious.

So the game as a whole runs SO much better on PS5 than it did PS4. I used to not go anywhere because of loading times but this is super super fast. Queue and go to the gym and you are there in a few seconds.

With lag I don’t know about the dorm but San Myshuno is very smooth and the festivals are fine. Again on PS4 I barely left the apartment but now I’m wondering around the neighbourhood at night time. However.....

There is still lag in the game randomly.. like your two sims in an apartment together will just sometimes get lag. It’s not a huge issue or super frequent, it’s rare, but it’s there. I do have a lot of packs but not a lot going on in the apartment. And I don’t think it’s exclusive to the apartment, think the game just has some lag. If you have the game on a while your controller will move super fast in menus and you have to either just not use menus and it sorts itself out, or close and restart.

But this is nothing you do not experience on PS4, and overall everything is much much better. A big obvious difference.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I just ordered my ps5 and it should come soon, and I’m mostly curious for those who use latest gen, how the game performs in crowded places like San Myshuno festivals (San Myshuno in general, is it smooth?) or University dorms? On PS4 it was sometimes alright and sometimes the lag was getting serious.

So the game as a whole runs SO much better on PS5 than it did PS4. I used to not go anywhere because of loading times but this is super super fast. Queue and go to the gym and you are there in a few seconds.

With lag I don’t know about the dorm but San Myshuno is very smooth and the festivals are fine. Again on PS4 I barely left the apartment but now I’m wondering around the neighbourhood at night time. However.....

There is still lag in the game randomly.. like your two sims in an apartment together will just sometimes get lag. It’s not a huge issue or super frequent, it’s rare, but it’s there. I do have a lot of packs but not a lot going on in the apartment. And I don’t think it’s exclusive to the apartment, think the game just has some lag. If you have the game on a while your controller will move super fast in menus and you have to either just not use menus and it sorts itself out, or close and restart.

But this is nothing you do not experience on PS4, and overall everything is much much better. A big obvious difference.

Thanks for the answer, my PS5 arrived yesterday and I immediately checked Sims 4. Much smoother indeed. l got lag only once after 12 hours game session on Mt Komorebi peak when I suddenly opened bb mode. It fixed itself by opening lot tab in the corner. But I also saw YouTubers having lag from time to time on their gaming PCs so I guess that’s the games problem as well.

But the upgrade does feel huge. I literally cried when after many hours my sims were still moving like butter in San Myshuno. 😂

• JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited September 2022
    Thanks for the answer, my PS5 arrived yesterday and I immediately checked Sims 4. Much smoother indeed. l got lag only once after 12 hours game session on Mt Komorebi peak when I suddenly opened bb mode. It fixed itself by opening lot tab in the corner. But I also saw YouTubers having lag from time to time on their gaming PCs so I guess that’s the games problem as well.

But the upgrade does feel huge. I literally cried when after many hours my sims were still moving like butter in San Myshuno. 😂

Yes I am the same! I played on PS4 for a long time and honestly I rarely ventured out into the city to do the collectibles or the festivals or things because of lag and loading.

But today on PS5 my sim went to every district on San Myshuno and the flea market and just no lag at all. I also was in the university dorm today and no lag. Like I say, I’ll then get lag in the apartment with just two sim 😁. Or the thing where the pointer moves really fast in the menu. But these are game bug rather than the console I think.

I’m glad it’s better for you!
    edited September 2022
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Yes I am the same! I played on PS4 for a long time and honestly I rarely ventured out into the city to do the collectibles or the festivals or things because of lag and loading.

But today on PS5 my sim went to every district on San Myshuno and the flea market and just no lag at all. I also was in the university dorm today and no lag. Like I say, I’ll then get lag in the apartment with just two sim 😁. Or the thing where the pointer moves really fast in the menu. But these are game bug rather than the console I think.

I’m glad it’s better for you!

Thanks! It truly is! Also even if I do encounter bug like a lag in bb mode or just random one, getting out to the main menu or even restarting the game takes much less time. I still need to adjust myself to the fast loading screens. I used to load the game on PS4 and go to kitchen to prepare a snack. Now I barely get out of the room and game is loaded and sims are doing their thing. 🤪 I didn’t expect loading to be THIS fast, honestly.

• bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    With seldom lag during gameplay, the load times are like 60-80 seconds. I can enjoy the game again on PS5.
  • AlienTusksAlienTusks Posts: 194 Member
    I recomend that if your playing on xbox one or ps4 and the load times are very long, the lag is bad, and there are a lot of small to medium bugs, I would reinstall the game and content, and delete all saves both local and on cloud. I did this not long ago, and load times where significantly improved and many of the bugs i was experiencing went away. Also I just recently learned about how to improve the look of games like sims 4. My LG tv has 1440p resolution option but at reduced hertz or framerate. But in games like sims 4 having super smooth framerate is not that big of an issue. My tv has the other option of 1080p with 120 hertz improvement in framerate and smoothness. So for first person shooter I can run the lower resolution but have the 120 hertz, so the game still looks great but the smooth framerate help you play better....but for games where that doesnt matter so much I can up the resoulutiion to 1440ultra high def or somthing....check you tv settings very well a nd turn everything off almost like high contrast features and stuff, and the go into your xbox settings and check video settings and improve the game from there. Sorry if im partly of topic.
  • ExcheqquerExcheqquer Posts: 3 New Member
    So in the lag loading time I just grab my phone and catch up on the forums 😊
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I now play Sims 4 on PS5 was playing it on PS4. It's so much faster with the loading screen to get to the game and when going to community lots and other worlds.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    So, are there any official plans for EA/Maxis to updated the PS4 version for the PS5?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • lucombrelucombre Posts: 45 Member
    I just want to say thank you to all who posted in this thread. I just got my ps5 and it’s made a world of difference 😊. I am enjoying the game once again (or was until the update that’s making it crash).
    lucombre wrote: »
    I just want to say thank you to all who posted in this thread. I just got my ps5 and it’s made a world of difference 😊. I am enjoying the game once again (or was until the update that’s making it crash).

Exactly, thanks to the last update I had to turned off PS5 and get back to PS4 where I didn’t update game since October. :'( Forgot that updating day one is always a bad idea.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    It played great on the series X at first but now... The lag is real. Whats it like on PlayStation 5 now? Do you get random lag spikes too?