Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slice of Life Mod and Moodlets

Hi! I just downloaded KS's Slice of Life Mod for the first time and I love the detail it adds to the game! However, I was wondering if anyone else has problems with or finds the added moodlets annoying? For example, on top of the regular tired or low bladder moodlets, the mod adds its own uncomfortable moodlets making it impossible to do anything unless your sims are always in tip top shape. Is there a way to disable the moodlets and keep the rest?

Also I'm having an issue with moodlets not disappearing when they should and random moodlets popping up occaisionally. Can anyone offer advice on how to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The excess moodlettes is actually why I don't use the mod, there's so much the mod has that I love but I feel it's more intrusive than anything, the mod basically takes over the game when it's installed.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    I liked the mod the first time it came out, but not anymore. Too much bloated with intrusive and unnecessary stuff that do other mods better. Like Wonderful Whims and Basemental
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Depends on what you're trying to get rid of, she actually separates many of the features into different folders when you download so you can just delete the parts you don't want. There's a guide on her website that details every system and what they do. Some things you don't want might be tied to things you do want, though.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I don't mind the moodlets so much, but I have deleted the body and personality system. I don't know why but she added these annoying idle animations that my sims couldn't stop doing, so I had to delete the personalities.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    edited January 2021
    Has anyone found a way to delete just the personality types since the latest update? I know you can disable them for individual Sims, but I don’t want to have to do that for every Sim I create.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love the mod. I go crazy for the invites and text messages. But I had to remove because it seems so glitchy. And you can delete almost everything you don't want from the mod but
    I don't think you can remove personalities. You have to click on each individual sim and disable it.
    I don't like mods that adds random noodles for no reason. That's why I don't use custom traits.
    I had this one called tough protector I never seen anyone recreate after it got outdated for some reason. I wanted so bad to love it because I want an over protective sim but the mood lets were totally random and not based on anything the sim actually did.

But yea sol is a good mod with bad glitches

I might try it again in the future. I could be wrong but I felt like when I had it installs visitors behaved differently. A friend came over and instead of going to play the pc he set on the couch with my sim and chatted for like an hour on his own then they watched tv together. I was like wow he actually came to spend time with me. That motivated me to prepare him dinner and they ate together.
    Lol gotta try that again.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yea it is fun for awhile but I have removed the mod due to this reason. Her other mod memorable event is much less intrusive and I cant play the game without it now.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    You can remove the personalities though. You just delete the Personality System folder.
  • Options
    I would do that, but I want to keep the memory system (at least after whatever people say is wrong with it gets fixed).
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I would do that, but I want to keep the memory system (at least after whatever people say is wrong with it gets fixed).

I still have the memory system... That's the 'Death' memories etc. right? The memory system is in the Smaller Systems folder and not in the Personality System one.
  • Options
    Do you have the latest version? It’s in the Personality folder for me, and I didn’t move it. I’m pretty sure the old memory system was in Smaller Systems.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    Do you have the latest version? It’s in the Personality folder for me, and I didn’t move it. I’m pretty sure the old memory system was in Smaller Systems.

Ah, I see, okay, sure. But you can just delete the Personality Main System and the Personality Interactions files and leave the Memory System and everything to do with that, right?
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Yeah, the Memories and the Personality Systems are two different files in the same folder. The latest update is from December 26.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    @Duvelina I don’t know if it’s safe to delete any Main System files unless you’re deleting the whole system.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    @Duvelina I don’t know if it’s safe to delete any Main System files unless you’re deleting the whole system.

Like Breenilla said, they're separate systems.
  • Options
    Oh, okay. I got confused. It’s pretty late over here. ^^;
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    Thank you for all your helpful posts! It's so interesting to hear other simmers' experiences with the mod! I tried messing around with the files a bit and it seemed to clean things up a bit, but I see how it can be overwhelming to use. I think the main glitches were in the sickness system folder, which I deleted because it's not gameplay that I'm super interested in.

I actually love the personalities! It does invade a lot of the gameplay, but it's so interesting to have different sims get different moodlets for doing certain activities. For example, my INFP sim would get a happy moodlet from writing and my ESFP sim would get a happy moodlet from group conversations. I might even make a video on this mod and its ups/downs if I find the time this week. I feel like all the showcases on YouTube don't go into enough detail about how to personalize your mod experience.

I'd love to hear more thoughts on this mod! It seems like a productive conversation!
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I like the SOL mod, but I always hated the personality types. My Sims would always get random, intrusive moodlets that wouldn't really match their personalities (from their actual Traits). I do think it's gotten better recently, but I ended up deleting it after a while. I really like the memory and drama systems though.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    I do like the personalities and the different things my sims did, so I didn't want to get rid of it per se but as soon as my sim wouldn't stop doing this goofy idle dance or 'I'm All That', I had to delete it. 😂
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I do like the memory system but I don’t know how to just install the mod for memory ...
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I use it, but I delete the parts I don't want. Such as the body system, which became REALLY annoying in my game. If my Sims weren't being randomly insecure about their own body type, they were ripping into another Sim about their body type. It started getting really nasty, so I got rid of it.
    And the Skincare system I find annoying too. I hate seeing random people walking around wearing those stupid face masks.

Anything I don't want, I nose through the folders and delete.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The personality interactions and silly random makeup are what made me decide to stop using the mod. I realized that I was really only using it for the cute blushing, embarrassed appearances. Most of the mod was being deleted as I found a lot of it annoying or just not something that I didn't want in my game and if I'm being honest I really wasn't a fan of the acne. It happened way to often and I didn't like that young adults would also get a full acne face. It was fine for teens and maybe occasionally young adults but not so much.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Her mod is separated into different files. Simply remove the ones you don't want. I removed the Self-WooHoo system, Skincare system, menstrual cycle, and personality systems. I use WW so two of these were just overkill. The skincare system was overactive so I removed it. The personality system is what I think causes the excessive moodlets so I removed that.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love/hate this mod. The more I read responses the more I remember. Everything this mod does is amazing but excessively spammy like NAPs.
    Like I said the invites were totally amazing. It's mainly why I wanted it. And the text messages were so sweet. But darnnit they invited me every 5sec like literally. At some point I had to remove it. I think it should be more like 2 invites a sim day. Seems reasonable.

And before I deleted the skin stuff sims would not stop breaking out constantly. Everyone was sick 😂😂
    If theres a way to tone down the invites I'm willing to try this again. Love loved those visits and invites. And the memories were okay. It's literally the only mod that let's you delete what you don't want.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Like most others here, I like SoL mod but have to remove several folders to make it work for me. The sickness system is probably the most annoying to me. The party system seems kind of pointless. On the other hand, the self-woohoo system amuses me so much. I find her Explore and Education mods much more useful for my style of gameplay.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png