Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 15: "Diiing Dooong, Dorky, Deep space and Drinks...Ohhh yeahhh!"

PdrSx9l.png

Notes
    ww1fYCZ.png
    Essa was still sleeping when Josh came back inside after playing in the rain. So he decided to enter a professional video game tournament for The Sims Forever.

j2FIfwi.png
    Since Josh was occupied for awhile with that, when Essa finally woke up, she took one of their laptops downstairs and started writing a Romance novel.

ACpjRZW.png
    Josh won the tournament and Essa finished writing the novel as well. They both needed a break, and it was now a bit chilly outside so they headed out for a soak in the hot tub to warm up and...

y0az1AV.png
    ...of course...

Zi1QoT9.png
    RYBbMrp.png
    "Woo! Now I'm hot!"
    "Ohhh yeahhh, you certainly are, Beautiful."

The couple got out and went inside to dress in a bit warmer clothes, at least by Sulani's standards. It never really got very cold there, even in Winter. They both were cold/hot proof too, so it really wasn't necessary, but I like their cold weather outfits, so why not?

sSpLIIX.png
    Essa wanted to send out her novels to a publisher, so headed outside to the mailbox. Josh followed and had a request.

"Would you like to go to Newcrest with me and work on the Rocket? It still needs some upgrades."
    "Me? But...I...have absolutely no rocket science skills."
    "I can teach you the basics, and you'll learn as you go. You're a quick learner, I have confidence in you, Beautiful, you can do it!"

peaVgCS.png
    "Aww, thanks for saying that, you're so sweet. Okay, I'll help. Or try anyway. I hope I don't break anything or burn up the rocket."
    "You won't break it, but we both might burn it up later when we take it on a test flight."
    "What?! How would we do....OH! I get it. Okay, now I REALLY want to help." Essa winked.

2b1P0tP.png
    Josh has a fully built rocket with a couple upgrades already, but there was nowhere to put it on their lot. I had thought about getting the T.O.O.L. mod to put it on a nearby island. But thus far have not gotten that mod. I placed a brand new unbuilt rocket on the Comfy Cubby lot and made it generic. He needs to launch or upgrade the rocket two more times to move on with the Nerd Brain aspiration.

I meant to change their clothes to the Mt. Komorebi cold weather wear they both had before. But, I forget I'd deleted those when I updated their wardrobes for Sulani. Opps! Hence the reason they are wearing very inappropriate outfits for Winter in Newcrest. Especially since there was a blizzard going on when they arrived. o.O Oh well...

To compensate somewhat, I built a quickie enclosure around the rocket. I had the top floor open with a fence around it at first, but then in the end used a glass domed roof. I'm going to pretend the dome opens to let the rocket fly out. It's a work in progress.

zOIXecx.png
    Here's a somewhat better look at the inside. Nothing very fancy, just three floors with the tallest walls, metal floor, those fun windows, lights, etc. That's it! So far.

pc4IgkL.png
    Once they finished doing the basic build for it, I realized it doesn't need the third floor. The tip of the rocket is just under the second floor ceiling. I'll remove a floor at some point. Finally found a use for my Batuu objects too!

I've been drooling over those Batuu lantern posts for a long time and wanted desperately to use them in a build. They work perfect for the silo entrance. On the roof is also some Batuu landing lights I had no idea were even in the pack. How cool is that?

p9Cgxeo.png
    And we have lift off! Hey, have to take advantage of their membership in the 50 Mile High Club, right? ;) I wish it wasn't Winter so there would be no snow on the roof to see the glass. Oh well...

pKsSPXd.png
    Annnnnd they're back! Both were invisible at first, Josh showed up first, but I couldn't find Essa. I could hear her giggling though. I had her kiss Josh so she'd appear. :D

"I just need to do one more upgrade then we can go, okay?"
    "Take your time Babe, I'll build a snowpal or something."
    "Gawd, I love you so much. You're always so willing to do whatever I ask of you."
    "Of course, I love you too. I wouldn't dream of denying you anything. I just want to make you as happy as you've made me."
    "You do make me happy, always."

TPEXis4.png
    Essa indeed made a Snowpal and a Snow Angel for good measure. Good thing she's got that cold weather immunity reward trait, eh? ;)

4PI7Ho5.png
    Back at the rental, Josh got started on the next phase of his aspiration, upgrade or repair 5 objects. He started with the stereo, then moved on to one of the twins' beds.

FmZDSOf.png
    Essa took advantage of the computer being free to use and started another book for her aspiration. She needs to sell 10 books in Good quality and write 5 Excellent quality to complete this milestone.

AFxArBF.png
    Josh was hungry and took a break to have a bite to eat. Of course he brought it upstairs to sit near Essa. Some Simmers are annoyed when their Sims do this, not me. I think it's sweet. Looks like the steak dinners and chicken stir fry are finally gone. Never had grilled fruit before, but it sure looks good!

MN21aL8.png
    Two more upgrades and he'll be finished! Go Josh!

KciOwus.png
    And there it is! Congratulations Josh! Aww, he's looking like Mr. Modest eh? Don't blush Joshie.

"Blush? What? Oh, no, I'm admiring my work. That bed looks very comfy now. Hope the twins appreciate it."

They will. :)

CU4myvY.png
    Look at that smile! He's doing the Mixology aspiration next. It's no wonder he's smiling, we all know Josh loves to mix drinks! He's already Level 10 in the skill, but has never done the aspiration until now. I thought it was time and I knew it would make him happy.

"Thanks Watcher, you're the best!"

MRsP0p1.png
    @Ellupelluellu, I have to give you a BIG Thank You for your most recent mod suggestion. While looking around the creator's website, I found THIS! Anyone that knows me knows that one thing that I wish TS4 had is doorbells. I can never hear Sims knock when they visit and constantly miss them. Not anymore!

This mod makes a pop-up happen whenever someone visits the lot and knocks on the door. It also has an image of who it is and plays a short tune! I freakin' LOVE IT! And I love modders, they are the best! Thank you to @83bienchen for creating this fantastic mod! I downloaded a bunch of her other mods as well. So, so many things that have annoyed me for years is now gone, GONE! *cries*

xF8HdbR.png
    Because of this mod, Essa was able to greet and hug her Father, Simeon Silversweater. She invited him in and they went out to hang by the bar and have a chat together with Josh. He also made them some drinks.

gf2lpTZ.png
    Simeon was feeling a bit uncomfortable because of the weather, so Essa tried cheering him up by telling a joke.

"Why don’t angry witches ride their brooms?"
    "I don't know, why?"
    "They’re afraid of flying off the handle."

qN0KEM9.png
    "Oh, oh, Essa, that's so bad, it's hilarious!" hehe

Everyone had a good laugh at Essa's bad joke and she got a very sweet sentiment from her Dad as a result. She made him feel better! All thanks to this lovely mod. I'm so happy right now. :)

Simeon is still visiting Essa and Josh, but I needed to close the game for this session. My game was like a dream tonight! All the mods I downloaded were small, but took care of big issues for me and I will be forever grateful. <3

I need to get some rest now. I sincerely apologize for it, but will have to do comments when I get up later. I was having too much fun and stayed up too late again. I hope you understand. Hope y'all have a fabulous day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my September 15th post above! I'll be back later to do comments/replies. Happy Simming! <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited September 2021
    Update 256 - Deep Sea Diving

4HNDKHS.jpg
    Everyone got back home from work/school. Jules helped Rowan with his school project.
    qCOk0TT.jpg

What a fitting project for their location haha.
    veU6Q5x.png

Then Emmett and Rowan autonomously went upstairs to play together. I thought that was cute <3
    svothIk.jpg

And look who decided to show up!
    yYnv4Te.png

Jules swam out to meet Lydia.

Jules: "It's so nice to see you! I hope everything is going well."
    Lydia: "Things have been great. So cool that you're a mermaid now! It would be so cool to be able to breathe underwater..."
    iR18M4E.jpg

Jules: "Actually I have a mermaid power that can let you experience that for a bit. I do have to kiss you though for the power to take effect..."
    arxXnrR.jpg

Lydia agreed to it, since it would be strictly platonic. (I had to try out this mermaid power haha, and doing it with these two seemed fun ;) I did add Lydia to the family so I could see how it affected her)
    WrurTWT.jpg
    Mdgumx0.jpg
    hk46C8A.jpg

As Jules pulled away, there was a little bit of a nostalgic feeling between the two.
    rZkdIVZ.jpg

"Tastes minty," Lydia said with a small giggle.
    BDsWmDX.jpg
    tNQaNQF.png

So they decided to go diving so Lydia could fully appreciate her temporary mermaid powers. (Honestly I don't really know how this actually affects game play. I didn't really notice much)
    0yebL4x.jpg

Soon, Lydia had to return home. Jules decided to beach comb for a bit, since this stage is taking FOREVER lol.
    dEDfi7M.jpg

Extras:
    I decided that Lydia and Kat could have a kid. Perhaps Jules and Lydia can have a toddler playdate once Jules' baby is born.

Her name is Ophelia, after Lydia's late mother, and she turned out quite gorgeous (I just played with Kat and Lydia's genetics in CAS).
    jJytGKa.png?1

Here she is with her mamas.
    5BqC23K.png

And Vlad is a proud grandpa too :)
    bsFvySu.png
    9SkPXhO.png
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited September 2021
    I should be able to do comments later. I'm having a bit of an off day so I'll have to see if I'm up for it, might go rest for a bit now. But @Ellupelluellu gave me Damon since I really couldn't picture Essa with anyone but him or Josh (tagging you too @Karababy52 since it involves Essa), and I paired him up with Essa and gave them some kids :) I've definitely been enjoying playing with genetics in my game recently :)

So they had twin girls. I named them Willow and Piper. And it looks like they are both vampires.
    7j83KRk.png

Here is Willow's makeover.
    hdUCVaq.png

And here is Piper's.
    g26QBWv.png

I gave them both Essa's eye color since those toddler vampire eyes kind of freak me out haha. I'm loving these cottage living clothes for toddlers too <3 Also it looks like Willow didn't want a hug :D They are such cuties <3
    CICgx6Y.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    @Karababy52 ,
    -- Cloudy and chilly day in Sulani, it happens, monsuun season the most. Glad they have that hot tub <3
    Haha, okay yes, those cold weather outfits do not indeed right match with winter in NC, but then again I am not so sure that Josh's snowboarding/skiing outfit from past would of fitted so well at rocket building either :D
    I love Batuu BB <3 Yes I remember you once asked me what lanterns I used at Melody's garden :D
    Haha, , lovely snowpal :p
    YAY Josh, for aspiration :)
    Hehe, glad I managed you to once again took a step to dark side of the force.. just do not hate me at next patch day :p
    SaXAmkl.png

@permanentrose ,
    -- I love the first pic! I so would hope that thos darn islands at backround would NOT float when looking from distance! Not all of them do, but way too many.. whyyyy..
    Haha! Very proper school project indeed :p
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... nice scene between Jules and Lydia.....
    Ophelia look cute :)
    --Oh, to me he looks a mix of my Nik and Karababy's Damon :D I am really thinking of giving the Junior a middle name, Damon :D

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    edited September 2021
    @permanentrose
    Aww, darn, bummer Emmett didn't get the Mahi Mahi. :( hehe So cute when cats ride the Roombas eh? Love that snuggle pose, so, so sweet! <3 I really like the Conservationist career outfit, it's so appropriate. Yep, those two totally planned a skip day from school, it's obvious. :D Of course Ruby offers her some Mermadic kelp! Kristine's game generated look was cute actually, except for the lines, yeah. Love the update look you gave her though much better. :) Fun they can splash others with their tail, had no idea.

hehe Yep, perfect project considering where they live. ;) Oh, well Hello Lydia! I see what you did there. ;) Sometimes I think you should've had Jules get with Lydia instead of Emmett, any excuse to let them be together eh? I know you love them as a couple and have them together in another save, so I can see how it would be tempting. If Lydia wasn't a vampire, I bet you would've had Jules offer her some mermadic kelp too! Ah well, honestly, I understand. I made up the entire storyline with Damon seducing Essa just so I could see what they'd be like together. o.O Well it backfired on me and now he's obsessed with her. Opps! :D Gah! I feel for you. It took Josh a long time to get treasure too. Essa took awhile too, but not near as long as Josh. Good luck Jules, I hope you find some soon!

Aww, Ophelia is adorable! They make pretty babies eh? And I see Grandpa is totally smitten. Very cute screenshots. :)

Oh, oh, Nik Jr./Damon's twins are absolutely adorable! They make pretty kids too! Love their names too, Willow and Piper. Very sweet of Ellu to give you Nik Jr.! Just so you know, yes Damon was made from Nik as the base, but Damon is different. Not much, just little tweaks, but that's Nik Jr., not Damon. But totally cool if you're calling him Damon since they are almost one and the same Sim. Just like Josh/Joel, they are very similar too since I used Joel to clone Josh and then tweaked him a little. :) Thanks for having these two get together. You're right, I agree, Essa and Josh or Essa and Damon/Nik Jr. just seem to belong together more than with anyone else. At least in my opinion, and in yours too I guess eh? ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Had no idea about the reward trait, but it's gone now anyway. :) Loved the pics of Josh and Sandra. <3

Oh yeah, lots of dirty dishes by the end of the night. That's okay though, Inna helped clean them up. Maybe she did those push-ups to pump herself up in preparation. Dirty dishes are heavy, right? ;) Ah, okay, use the reconfiguration drink, I'll do that. The bat form is SO annoying! I actually don't mind Veera's walk style, but only because she looks so happy. But, I got the mods you suggested and it's gone now and the shine for all my celebrities. :) Yeah, I would've added Greg to the family for the party, but I wouldn't have been able to save and get the goal completed. Ah well, I'm sure he understands and was busy anyway. :)

Huh? I did try to alter his personality though, he just refuses to recognize that I did. The Dude is just so obsessed with her. I'll have to look for a relationship mod to see if I can fix the problem. Maybe Jules and Brooks, we'll see. Unfortunately Damon was dancing with Cordelia and didn't see the kiss. The thought crossed my mind about Nik wanting to not let Inna out of his sight for that reason, yep. Like I said, Veera's walk/shine is gone now, no worries. :) Don't be ashamed of them, I have a feeling it was actually Essa's fault for hugging them. I later noticed Jessah was still there too, but she went upstairs to use their computer. :D

Makes sense they'd need another grill to cook together, didn't even cross my mind. Thanks for the tip. Glad you like the fun, silly time I spent with Josh getting those screenshots. hehe Ohhh, you're right! I would make them mermaids if I could, but I don't think Spellcasters can be mermaids, right?

I'm glad they have the hot tub too! It's just one of their things, so they'll always have a hot tub in every house they own. :) hehe True about the snowsports outfit Josh had, would've probably been too hot for building a rocket, at least inside. ;)

Yes! That's when I discovered those lanterns and fell in love with them, when I noticed them in Melody's garden for EL. :) HAHA! Thanks for the chuckle with the Darth Vader costume! Don't worry, I could never, ever in a million years and beyond hate you for anything. *Hugs* <3
    @Karababy52
    Your update inspired me to go shopping for bienchen since I've been meaning to do that for a while now and I got a lot that I think I'm gonna like, including that doorbell one! Nice little trip to Newcrest in your update! A change in scenery and weather is always fun. I like your idea to give them an indoor space to work too since they didn't have appropriate winter wear, even if they don't really need it. Nice angle for your rocket ship woohoo photo too! Very cool :) So nice that you have time to relax and make progress on other aspirations this month. The instant upgrade reward trait is so nice too! Jules has that one after she finished that aspiration in Magnolia Promenade and it comes in handy a lot. So nice that Essa knew her dad was at the door and got to have a visit with him. Glad you found so many little mods you liked! You've definitely joined the mod/CC dark side, it's pretty great here though, right? ;)

You can totally pair Jules with Vlad. She seems to have a thing for vampires anyway haha (Lydia in my game and Caleb in Ellu's).

Thanks for your compliments about Kristine's mermaid form! I have fun making occult forms for sure. I've been in a CAS mood lately too so customizing mermaids and toddlers has been fun haha.

Yeaaaahhhh, sometimes I think I should have let Jules and Lydia be together too haha. I don't play my other save enough or maybe I'd have it out of my system haha. I really love Jules with Emmett too though, and I adore their family. But Lydia and Jules will always have a spark. I'm glad you understand since Essa has a similar thing with her feelings for Damon. I'm trying to have the best of both worlds :D

Yeah, I know that Nik and Damon aren't completely the same, and the sim that Ellu gave me is Nik, and I left his name as Nik at first, but when I went to post, I realized I realized I really didn't associate the name Nik with him at all since I became familiar with him as Damon first in your game. So I decided I was just gonna go ahead and name him Damon in my game too. I hope that's okay with you, and that makes sense. But if you'd rather I have your actual version of him, I would totally put him in my game if you wanted to share him :) Whatever you'd prefer sine in the end it doesn't matter to me

@Ellupelluellu
    I need to play around with some of my MCCC settings and tuning to see if I can get some better autonomous stuff going on in my game. I know, Jules does look a little different now because I toned down the intensity of her overlay, but I feel like she still looks enough like herself, and I actually like the look more now I think. Thanks for your compliments on their makeovers!

Haha, love your reaction for Jules and Lydia's little moment together, I know you're rooting for them ;) I said to Kara too in my reply - so I initially kept the name Nik since I didn't really change anything about him, but I realized in my head he's totally Damon since I'm more familiar with him in Kara's game and I think I knew him as Damon before I knew Nik in your game, so I just changed his name to Damon, I hope you don't mind. His eyes are messed up in my game though. Every once in a while, I get a glitch where my CC eyes won't display right and it defaults to a Maxis brown and won't let me change the color so idk, I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it, so he has weird eyes now haha
    @SoulGal7
    Sorry I meant to reply to you too! I'm glad you enjoyed Kiki! I didn't look up her name meaning, but I was looking up Japanese names for girls and found it and decided it would be cute. I'll be sure to tag you when she shows up in my game and as I age her up <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Ellupelluellu - Oh yum! I think I am headed that way for supper! Looks super yummy! hehehe :)
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 16: "Just another day in paradise!"

MSK8dBB.png

Notes

The above screenshot will be my post for today. Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    edited September 2021
    @Karababy52 ,
    Haha that explains Inna's push ups then :p Ah, well thank you, I just cannot stand that walk, but in case you like it, sure you can use it, of course :)
    Oh I would so love if game would support hybrids :) It kind of does now, but it is the offspring what will be bugged, if I remember right :)
    -- Lovely 1st pic! Cannot naturally comment more when typing this as there is nothing else but that yet :p
    @permanentrose ,
    Oh, you call him what ever you want :) He is not that different from Karababy's version :) And I said, I am going to add my Nik Jr to have a middle name, Damon :D In my head he want's to call himself by his middle name, to not get mixed up with his old man.
    And about Jules, yes I very much like too her new look in mermaid form :)

@SoulGal7 , sure, our last day here, but plenty of food left :smiley::p

Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

edited September 2021
    Update 257 - Another day at Mua Pel'am

KiPBhx5.jpg
    Actually this play session started off in the middle of the night since I was impatient and didn't want to wait to travel here until morning.
    HqzTXcX.png

"Hello there, friend! It looks like our watcher lacks creativity when making Sulani themed outfits for men!" :D
    iBVjuUW.jpg

So that sim above is Micah Zimmer, a mermaid alien hybrid of mine. Here's his mermaid/alien form.
    2AsKDNV.jpg

So many mermaids. I didn't even realize how many I had in my game, wow.
    ovXVqtQ.jpg

Jules meanwhile decided to clean up the area a bit and get rid of the trash littering the beautiful landscape.
    qA4Gpac.jpg
    wxdGfW8.png

"Pickle, why won't you learn to swim?" :(
    dDHRFyd.png

"Um, lady, where do you think you're taking me?!??!?!"
    7jfbSzn.png

"Please send help!"
    3nj9saY.png

"I understand, Dill. The water is very scary...."
    1Gcgcvy.jpg

Meanwhile Jules was doing some stuff for her job.
    RCRAwX4.png

Nothing like getting to go to work in your swimsuit.
    hPVnu8J.png

Oof, this pregnancy is starting to take its toll.
    i3n7S2u.jpg

Emmett picked up an odd job where he had to catch a frog, which went very well for him.
    HxVAwof.png
    3ARd680.png

Jules coached Rowan in swimming for a bit, and he finally maxed the motor skill. Poor Rowan, he's lagging behind in skills and aspirations compared to Ruby. I've been neglecting this poor kid.
    7uv3Wni.png

Why can't this robot seem to stay away from Sulani?!?! :joy:
    F22TXKF.png

Doing a little sneak... :)
    juJ2kpL.png
    OwQl7PR.jpg
    ac31zzU.png

Back at home that evening, Rowan got excited about being a big brother.
    i5DSMoJ.jpg

And I realized we are this stage of Jules' pregnancy!!!!
    zolZTdV.png
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 17: "Skillin' my life away..."

RkzjAGD.png

Notes

Hey everyone, yesterday's post pic will be my post for the day. We're headed outside now to hang around the fire and I might not be able to update this before Midnight either, so posting now. I'll try to get comments done later tonight. I hope y'all understand.

EDIT: Yep, just as I thought, we didn't make it back inside until way past midnight, having too much fun out there together. ;) So the above screenshot will again be my post for the day. They weren't doing much to show anyway. Essa is doing the Best Selling Author aspiration and Josh is doing the musician aspiration so just a lot of watching them do that. It was a thunderstorm/monsoon for two days in Sulani as well.

Hope you had a great day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    Cool, glad I could inspire you for that. I've been having fun looking around for mods I might like to change things in the game that have been bugging me for years. For instance, the musical notes that fly out of instruments? I found a mod that gets rid of those! Gah, made me SO happy! My Sims are very musical so I take a lot of screenshots while they are playing instruments. In the past, I would sometimes photoshop out those notes which was extremely tedious to do. Now I don't have to do it anymore. :)

Yeah, I thought it would be fun to build a silo for the rocket instead of just having it sitting in the middle of the lot and nothing else. :D Josh has finished that aspiration now so it's not needed, but I'll keep it there in case I want to send them to Sixam or something. Yep, I love the instant upgrade! It saves Sims a lot of simoleans too, not that they need to save those, they're loaded again, but it's still nice to save time when upgrading to use elsewhere. :)

Oh yeah, I am LOVING that mod and the multitude of others I've downloaded recently too. 'Little mods' is a great description for most of them too, they are tiny in file size, but have a BIG impact on gameplay for me. And YES, it is great here on the dark side of the moon. hehe

Alrighty, I just might do that then, pair her with Vlad. Glad you approve! It just makes sense she'd hook up with a vampire since she is one herself. ;)

It's fun just getting lost in CAS eh? I can spend hours in there just working on one Sim! Love it! <3

Yep, I totally understand trying to have the best of both worlds. For instance, Damon called up Essa the last time I played to tell her he has a crush on her. See? The Dude just won't give up, he's obsessed! So I decided to grant his wish, somewhat. I put the two of them in a new save so they could properly be together as a couple. It won't help his obsession in the challenge save, but at least I'll know he's happy to be with her in the other one. ;)

Oh, no, it's cool, keep him as Damon, I, of course, understand what you're saying, I don't mind a bit! :)

Beautiful screenshots in this update! Love those jellyfish for one thing, they're very pretty. So many opportunities for beautiful screenshots in Sulani eh?

Ooo very cool alien/mermaid hybrid Sim you have there. Is he very buggy to play? Just curious since I've been contemplating making Essa/Josh mermaids but too chicken to do it since they're Spellcasters. Don't want to risk messing them up! o.O

Love that screenshot of Jules as a pregnant mermaid cleaning up trash in the water, she looks awesome!

HAHA! Love the dialogue with Pickle and Dill about going in the water. Dill does look terrified in Ruby's arms. :D Screenshot with Pickle all sprawled out napping on the beach behind Jules is hilarious too! hehe I'm SO glad they fixed the frogs problem with them not being catchable by the waterfall in a recent patch! It was so frustrating! Pretty cool Sims can coach kids with the swimming skill eh? Love it! Tsk, that silly robot! Will it ever learn to stay out of the water? I think not. I guess he deserves to break down since he keeps doing it. You'd think the game wouldn't let them do that! 🙄

Go Dill! And she gets some feathers for her effort, so cute! Aha! Looks like Jules is ready to pop any minute now. Maybe in your next update! ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    hehe Yep, but she or any Sims won't be doing that anymore since I have a mod now that stops Sims from doing that. ;) Oh, nope, it's cool! I liked it when SHE did the walk, but only her. All my other celebrities look obnoxious doing that walk, I'm glad I have it modded out now. :)

I know, I do too! I would love to make both of them mermaids, but don't want to risk it for that very reason. I'm sure the game would let me do it anyway, hence the reason we see others with hybrids, but it's generally not a good idea in the end.

I understand, and there won't be more anyway, just the daily pics the last couple days. I've been busy doing other stuff and they really weren't doing anything all that interesting anyway due to the weather and just skilling at the moment. :)

Hoping to have a story update in today's post instead of just the daily pic the last couple days. Won't be until later though, need to feed my cats and Hubby will be up soon, then it'll be bedtime for this 'ol Gal. Haven't had much sleep the last couple days, so looking forward to hitting the pillow soon. Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    edited September 2021
    Update 258 - At the beach

gFy6b44.jpg
    Ruby had left her journal out of the kitchen table, so Rowan though that he'd have a little snoop in it...
    7Ys4Udr.png

"Oh man, I'm gonna have some good dirt on her now..."
    nzqW05l.png

Until Jules came along and caught him (I had no idea sims could autonomously react to others reading a journal that's not theirs! A fun little discovery!) Pickles is like, "I'm just gonna slowly back away now..."
    fF5Cemm.jpg

"What do you think you're doing?! That's your sister's private property!"
    dEiTLFY.jpg

So I downloaded a handful of mods from bienchen, one of which was one that @Ellupelluellu recommend for toddlers to show up at parks, so I changed one of my beaches to a park and had the family go visit so that I could see if any toddlers would show up.

But first let's appreciate the hot mess of glitches happening in this screenshot :D
    sZoKbpU.png

Oh hey there Bryon!
    0X2ILsq.jpg

So I'm not sure if one of the mods I downloaded is causing this or what, but I had a lot of pets show up with their owners. Whatever is causing it, I'm not mad though. It's fun to see pets out and about too.

Since Bryon was there, so was Roo.
    eOurWEO.png

Watch out!
    nc1Uvjn.png

Oof.
    FAHdSu9.png

Lol I love that no one is reacting to this.
    ekjdCAW.jpg

Dill appears to have won this little tiff.
    GraJvbJ.png

And here come the toddlers! It's so nice that the pets show up with their owners, but kind of a bummer that the toddlers show up without any family members. I don't care that much though, it's just nice to see my toddlers out in public for one. Here's Bonnie Bjergsen, younger sister of Elsa and Sofia.
    4sb1LaU.png

And this is Zane's little brother.
    3kzwt2E.png

And Sakura and Wolfgang's little girl, Kiki, showed up too. @SoulGal7
    NwjoHbd.png

Ok, this was really entertaining too. So it was the Day of Remembrance in my game again, so there were many ghosts wandering around today. And look who I found - Max Villareal :joy: You can see the spores still floating around him. I guess that's a side effect of ghosts who were devoured by the Mother Plant, I totally didn't know that.
    jk9NiyS.jpg

Evening settled in. Rowan autonomously went to hang out with Tane, who had spawned on the lot as well.
    CaJ7ikG.png

And Pickle made friends with a cat named Pickles.
    ls4abob.png

Ruby played a game of chess with her Aunt Dell.
    a4avTOe.jpg

Rowan took a snooze.
    qmy0S2V.jpg

And I was happy to see that Nani's parents were actually close by, wish more of my toddlers had their parents accompanying them.
    ay7h4zX.jpg
    Thviim7.jpg

Honestly, I barely controlled anything in my game today. It was fun just watching everything happen. Jules did grill enough things to finally finish that stage of the aspiration though so I can finally move on to the next stage.
    @permanentrose ,
    that toddlers in park mod was updated today :) Maybe best to get the latest version :) And there is too one for beaches, morekidsforbeaches, or like that, why I do not need to change the lot type :)
    So I'm not sure if one of the mods I downloaded is causing this or what, but I had a lot of pets show up with their owners.
    That made me giggle a bit :p I hope you do read what you download? :p:smiley: But yes there is at least one what makes more dogwalkers outside BB :) And yes with their owners :)
    -- Lovely first pic :) And indeed, lots of merfolks :D Haha , funny captions there with Parsley Dill :joy:
    Oh.. so when is the baby coming?
    --Lovely day they had in that park/beach :)
    Hey! Good for Pickle to have a new friend, and matching name :D

@Karababy52 ,
    Yes, I understand, and that one pic indeed tells everything they did then :smiley:
    But that is a lovely pic, as monsuun in background, so cozy!

edited September 2021
    @Ellupelluellu i did read everything I downloaded and I didn’t do anything for pets which is why I was so confused lol. Thanks for that beach mod too, I’ll look that up later. I think each stage of my pregnancies are set to 3 sim days right now so Jules’ baby should come in one of my next few updates. Sometimes I play longer or shorter than one full day so I don’t know for sure.

@Karababy52 im on my phone now replying and I’m gonna wait until I’m on my computer later to reply to you since it’s hard doing longer responses on here, especially when im trying to look back at posts :)
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    Hi everyone, just wanted to Check in again! I've been reading every morning and I've very much enjoyed seeing sulani and the mermaids. I'd love to have that expansion myself! Some day...

@Karababy52 I just wanted to comment since this idea didn't leave my head the last couple of days. I totally understand if you want to do the story your way, or if you don't like me meddling with your story, or whatever - in that case, please forget about the spoiler and just remember how much I enjoy your updates!
    You mentioned not wanting to make essa and/or josh mermaids, as they are spellcasters, and hybrids wouldn't bei good.
    What would you think about having one of the twins step down as spellcasters and instead be a mermaid? It's a completely random idea and I really don't want to tell you what to do, but it was stuck in my head... I can't keep their names straight, but the not-as-studious teen (the Violinist, right?) threw some looks at the water and just somehow gave ne that Idea. I somehow think she'd like being a mermaid and live in sulani, instead of her spellcasters studies (and fires and dangerous spells and such)... And it would allow you to include the mermaid occult into the story without having hybrids... I dunno. But I wanted to mention it 😅.
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    @permanentrose
    Uh oh, Rowan! Not very nice sneaking a peak of your sister's journal! To be fair, she did leave it out in the open, but still. Glad Jules caught him! ;) Whoa! Nightmare fuel right there. Poor Dill! o.O Did you ever figure out what happened? Or could it have just perhaps been a one-time glitch? Ahhh! Look out Roo! Too late. :D And everybody just ignores the cat fight going on right next to them. :D

The toddlers are all so cute! So funny seeing Max there, had no idea ghosts ate by the Mother would have those pods floating around them either, good to know! Cute that Pickle made friends with a cat named Pickles. hehe Congrats to Jules for finally being able to move on with the aspiration! What were Makoa and his wife so sad about I wonder?

Understandable and totally cool. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Hey, you're right! I guess it did show everything that was happening. It does seem cozy eh? Plus, Essa got a great moodlet for listening to Josh play while she wrote. :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Thanks for the idea! I'd consider doing it, but I have other plans for both girls. ;) Thanks for reading all our posts too, appreciate it very much!

Headed off in a couple to go play my game and at least get the daily pic posted before midnight. Will have a story update later too! Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night!
    edited September 2021
    @Karababy52
    Your screenshots for the past few days are lovely! Totally understandable that you haven't had time for a story these days. Sometimes that just daily photo is what we can manage and that is totally fine :)

The mod to get rid of the musical notes would be nice! Most of the time I don't mind them, but for certain screenshots they can be very annoying. I wonder if there are mods for getting rid of the ZZZZs for sleeping and the little lightbulbs and pluses when a lot has a trait that the sims are building a certain skill.

So as far as hybrids go - I have played around with them a bit. In fact, I tried out a vampire mermaid hybrid the other day and she seemed to be pretty glitch free, though I was only able to edit her vampire form in CAS, not her mermaid one. I think having MCCC helps though since I can force them to show their occult forms. I'm not sure I'd be able to see Micah's alien/mermaid form otherwise. I have to make sure to click on the "show mermaid tail" option before he gets in the water or else he'll just swim in his human form. If I recall correctly though from when I made him, Micah is the child of a mermaid and an alien hybrid, not a full alien. Full aliens and mermaids having a kid does turn out quite glitchy, but if you have the alien be a hybrid, it seems to work out nicely. It might be because alien hybrids don't have two forms, so in CAS you can edit the mermaid form without it interfering with the alien one. Micah is mostly just a mermaid, but he can do those few things alien hybrids can, like the secret alien handshake, so not much cool alien stuff, but he is technically a mix. Do spellcasters have a second form? If they don't, then they might end up being more stable as hybrids. My suggestion is to make a copy of your save with Essa and test it out for a bit before committing, since I've found that even though hybrids aren't technically supported, they can sometimes work better than you expect :) I hope that helps!

And as far as that glitchy pictures goes - I think my pets glitch every once in a while due to my playable pet mod, since sometimes it makes them try to do human sim interactions and then they get weird. It happens very rarely though. And I think I teleported Emmett out of the water which was why his tail was glitching. It was a just a funny moment that I ended up capturing. Everything went back to normal pretty much instantly haha.
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 18: "Spa Day - Ladies Only! Part One"

QxC2FQt.png

Notes
    a1oEcj3.png
    "Hey Melody! Love your place, it suits you so much!"
    "Thanks, we love it too!"

ZHuofuI.png
    "Hey Dude, how's it goin'?"
    "Great! Are you ready to have some fun?"
    "Oh yeah, definitely! Great place you have here."
    "Thanks, would you like a drink? We can start with that and then maybe take the Aqua Zips out, sound good?"
    "Perfect!"

JI53zCm.png
    "I'm so excited for this, haven't had a mani/pedi in so long! I heard they have some very cool nail patterns designed by a world famous nail technician."
    "They do? Cool, let's go!"

Essa and Melody gave their guys a hug and a kiss and told them to stay out of trouble, which of course made them laugh and say, "No promises." After that they took the canoe across the lagoon to the Caldera Spa at the foot of a volcano.

aAffz2F.png
    Melody was too excited to wait and super sped away as soon as they hit the beach. She was inside, changed in a robe and talking to one of the Spa employees about a manicure before Essa even made it inside!

F66DfhQ.png
    While Melody had a chat with the nail technician about exactly what she wanted, Essa decided to try a stone massage.

FUcv7fZ.png
    Unfortunately, something glitched out and Melody's request for a manicure disappeared and she did a T-pose. She autonomously asked for a foot massage next, which seemed to work out. She sat down in the chair and then Adam Lambert also arrived. For some reason, with paparazzi in tow, he walked immediately over to stand next to Melody's chair.

QPO430i.png
    Melody wondered how this was supposed to be relaxing. She had a celebrity standing and posing for pictures right next to her chair while a paparazzi snapped pictures of him, yelling out for Adam to 'smile, turn this way, turn that way'. And then to top it off, the nail technician didn't know how to give a very good foot massage. Melody yelled out in pain when she got a cramp from the woman wrenching her foot in an awkward position.

MsjqZgh.png
    Seeing Melody in unnecessary pain, Adam yelled at the nail technician, threatening to make sure she was fired if she wasn't more careful. Adam was usually a very easy going kind of guy, but he tended to get protective of others when it came to incompetent so-called 'professionals.'

"Do you know who she is? That's Melody Connors, former Global Superstar, but more importantly my friend. Don't hurt her again, understand?"
    "Yes Sir, I'm sorry Sir, Ma'am. Please, it's my first day, I don't want to lose my job. I'll be more careful, I promise."

Satisfied, Adam nodded with a smile for Melody and walked away.

XleWBMk.png
    The massage went smoothly after that with the silent Spa worker keeping her eyes lowered, she was ashamed of herself and couldn't look Melody in the eye. Melody felt kind of bad for her, and decided to say something.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't worry. You won't lose your job, I understand. First days are tough. Just take it slow and easy and you'll be fine."

She was rewarded with a smile and an offer to have her foot massage comped for free. Melody insisted on paying anyway.

dhhjQED.png
    I tried very hard to get both girls into the yoga class together, but Essa was too late, all the mats were taken. Melody would join Bryon and two of my Sims. The blonde is Jessie, the Sim Joel met at the restaurant that he was so enamored with but stood him up for Essa's Kava party. The other Gal is Maralyn Savant. I made her to be a contestant in Queenarella's Legacy/Bachelor challenge. Poor Maralyn was eliminated in the first round though. My ladies usually don't do so well in those type of challenges. Ah well...

SqHFGIE.png
    Essa decided to get a mani/pedi while she waited for Melody's yoga class to finish.

uaQCrmg.png
    The class seemed to be going quite well for Melody. She and the others were keeping up with the instructor without much of a problem.

V4C1mvS.png
    But, then the instructor showed a move that was clearly for more experienced yoga aficionados. She made a shocked face and murmured, "No way man, I can't do that, I won't do that. I'm not a fool."

EmLf2Fc.png
    I don't blame her for not trying it. Unless you're Level 10 or close to it, the handstand morphing into a arched back move is one of the toughest to do. I don't know why the yoga instructor thought it would be a good idea to have amateurs try it. Bryon and Jessie tried to do it anyway, but along with Melody, Maralyn refused. Good call ladies!

CSZGLAO.png
    (Whew, glad I didn't try that move. What's next?) Melody thought with a somewhat relieved, bland look on her face.

arScX96.png
    Meanwhile, Essa's manicure was almost complete.

TMTMMXC.png
    And there you have it! I think it's gorgeous, very modest. Essa didn't want anything too extraordinary this time, just something that would look good with anything she wore. I love it myself and think it looks very pretty! I will make sure Melody gets a manicure too! I'm thinking she might like the special custom nail design in red. Sound good @Ellupelluellu? Let me know. ;)

F3d9iB3.png
    "Is that a smirk? Were you laughing at me? Just who do you think you are judging me like that?"
    "Hey, hey calm down! I wasn't smirking or laughing, it's cool."

QsMFgTK.png
    "I saw you! You were looking at me like I was foolish. Miss high and mighty, you think you're better than me, don't you?"
    "You WERE foolish to try that move, it's not my fault you fell on your butt, so back off!"

DcBFJCw.png
    Essa has her eyes closed listening to New Age music while soaking her feet in a warm footbath. She can't hear what's going on, totally zoned out and relaxed.

HIqn5Nd.png
    "Back off!? How about you get out of here and go back to your fancy schmancy mansion, you're nothing but a pampered, spoiled, rich *beep* celebrity. You can't even stick up for yourself and need your rich buddies to bail you out. You're pathetic!"
    "What did you just call me?"

AbctMDX.png
    "I'd be very careful what you say next if I were you."
    "Why? What are you gonna do? I'm not afraid of you."
    "You should be."

G92xkYx.png
    *HISSSSSSSSS*
    *GASP* Jessie's eyes grew round and big as saucers before she ran out the door screaming without looking back.

0HXjQUA.png
    That was it for Melody, any kind of relaxation she'd gained from the yoga session was gone. She was tense, angry and just wanted to go home to Malcom. She walked into the room where the lockers were located, grabbed her clothes and took them to the changing room without a glance at Essa who was in the middle of a pedicure now. Melody was too blinded in her rage and single-minded focus to get out of there to think about saying anything to Essa.

x2QO75n.png
    After dressing in her own clothes again, Melody super sped out of the venue toward home.

Puwt3aI.png
    Essa saw the look on Melody's face and wondered what happened. She planned to find her and ask what was going on when her pedicure was finished. Unfortunately, the pedicure didn't work. I think perhaps it's because Essa has CC feet, maybe? Or could've been just a glitch. I've given an alternate Essa toenail polish and it worked perfectly for her, so I don't know.

Essa looked around the Spa, but could not find Melody anywhere. Apparently she'd left without a word. Something really bad must've happened for her to do that. Essa left the venue too and walked down to the beach. The canoe was gone, of course. No worries though, she was a Spellcaster and easily transportalated herself to Melody and Malcom's house across the lagoon.

...to be continued.
    *Updated my September 18th post above! Part Two and comments coming up later this afternoon. I need to feed my cats, as usual, and then when Hubby gets up very soon, get some rest. Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
    @permanentrose ,
    okay, we shall see when the baby is going to born, then :) No problem about the mod, it is just nicer in Sulani, so you do not have to change the lot type :)

@Karababy52
    -- Haha poor Melody, nothing went right, nice that Adam defended her, but I am glad she was nice to the lady :) But come on Melody, I know you have sort of temper, but could of you at least say goodbye to Essa? PLEASE, some manners :p
    Lovely nails Essa has there :) And yes , red suits Melody, naturally , and indeed some "not so normal" style :smiley:

edited September 2021
    Update 259 - Vow Renewal

3hGq4ec.jpg
    What happened to your baby Jules?!?!?!
    pFCxBYQ.png

When I sent her to the beach at Mua Pel'am, it reappeared though.
    hYzNFw4.png

HAHAHHA, look who's here again. Even the lifeguard won't help him.
    1E7hgEU.png

She was able to kill two birds with one stone by exploring the cave, which satisfied her work goal for the day as well the milestone for her aspiration.
    TB094cM.png

Wanted to send her to dive for treasure but was greeted with this message. Oh well. She'll have this baby soon enough and then we can make some progress.
    2TDNHuN.png

Later that evening, one of the local festivals was happening. Rowan went to order some food - and Micah was the vendor.
    Yd6IGjc.png

I noticed this wedding arch at the festival but I couldn't click on it.
    KH54wwa.jpg

Well, problem solved. I placed one in BB mode and use TOOL to move and size it. Let's have an impromptu vow renewal :)
    l6XKNK0.png
    xf8pMeH.png
    P66VRWD.png

Feeling flirty after the vow renewal, Jules decided to paint a flirty painting, and it was a very appropriate one indeed :)
    VmOzTZ1.jpg
    gFsnsBJ.jpg

Back at home, Jules worked on writing a Book of Life for Rowan, since that kid is so needy lol.
    J9ePXgk.png

And just as she was capturing his epic saga, she went in labor!!!
    7fnX7Qb.png

To be continued....
    @permanentrose ,
    -- Lovely renewal :) Haha, very appropriate painting indeed! :p
    Yay! Baby time :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top