Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stoddard Legacy (VITA NOVA) (UPDATED 18 Feb!)

ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
gLg0qv3.png

How this works

I love Pinstar's wonderful Legacy Challenge, but sometimes I don't like being bogged down by the rules. I know there are plenty of simmers out there who tend to follow the rules to letter when it comes to the Legacy Challenge, but there are others who do sometimes want to run it a bit differently. This time, I decided I wanted to just let my sims be themselves. No hard-and-fast rules when it comes to heirs or who can and can't bring in money or what sims can be married into the household. Just a simple legacy where I play the sims as we all played it when we first got it. But, rather than just playing one household until whatever ending we give them, I wanted to bring it through a total of 10 generations. A relaxed Legacy Challenge. A Simple Legacy. And this is that legacy!

For heirs, I am using polls. So you, my friends, will have the final say in which child becomes the next heir. And from time to time I will open up a poll to perhaps help make certain decisions. The only hard-and-fast rule is that the heir remains on the family lot while spares are moved out. This was what you all chose in the poll and I'm certainly sticking with what the wonderful folks who read this want! I'm also playing on long lifespan, so that means a lot of ability to find the story the sims themselves are trying to tell versus forcing them into one I want them to follow. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I am enjoying writing it!

Previous Chapters:

Generation 2
Generation 1
Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
mW8spBr.png
Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
Post edited by Chrinnie on

Comments

• LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Hi there! Welcome to the club in regards to a lot of us simmers working on Legacy's just to be Legacy's and not Challenges. It feels nice to just see what the sim wants to do, doesn't it?

I Followed your site as I use WordPress Reader for a lot of my reading and already enjoyed Chase's first chapter. Looking forward to watching Chase do his stuff.

My Plain ol' Legacy ( https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984426 ) is very very similar to how you set up yours. My main difference is I am not even using Pinstar's choosing an heir options. I am going to have forum members choose the heir, but there will be no other restrictions. I invite you to check it out.

Again, looking forward to Chase's Adventures.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
    Hi there! Welcome to the club in regards to a lot of us simmers working on Legacy's just to be Legacy's and not Challenges. It feels nice to just see what the sim wants to do, doesn't it?

I Followed your site as I use WordPress Reader for a lot of my reading and already enjoyed Chase's first chapter. Looking forward to watching Chase do his stuff.

My Plain ol' Legacy ( https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984426 ) is very very similar to how you set up yours. My main difference is I am not even using Pinstar's choosing an heir options. I am going to have forum members choose the heir, but there will be no other restrictions. I invite you to check it out.

Again, looking forward to Chase's Adventures.

Why thank you for the follow. I am following you as well.

I just wanted to let my sim be a sim without too much in the way of restrictions. Sometimes having very few, if any, restrictions can be freeing to the mind as well as creativity. I was playing a different save and realized that in that free play I was having a bit more fun. So why not try to write the story the sim is trying to tell rather than write a story and try to force the sim into it.

You know, I never thought of leaving the heir option open to a vote. That sounds like a lot of fun LOL. I don't want to steal your idea, but it's giving me a lot of thought. So if people want me to do that, I'd be very open to it. I mean, that would give me a bit of impetus to ensure every kid is worthy rather than just bestowing the title upon one because they were the first fastest swimmer.

I love love love Levi!! I am definitely gonna have to play catch up to the most-recent posts. I can't wait to see where he goes in his adventures in life! I love how you're not writing this from Levi's viewpoint, but from your viewpoint as if you're the third party relating his life to us!

And I just learned about EQ! :( She was so supportive to my first attempts 2 years ago when I started into the SimLit arena. I am sad.
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yippeee! Another Legacy with no rules! I'm playing a MySims Legacy Challenge myself (so with certain goals to achieve), but I just like this way of playing and getting to know the packs better this way^^ I still make it a story!

I'm also following @LegacySims2017's story. I absolutely love to read other stories, so I'm going to bookmark this one too for sure. <3
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    I bookmarked yours as well. I love that our founders both have red hair! :smiley: I can't wait to see what Liz gets up to. I have a lot to catch up on :smiley:
    mW8spBr.png
    edited December 2020
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    I bookmarked yours as well. I love that our founders both have red hair! :smiley: I can't wait to see what Liz gets up to. I have a lot to catch up on :smiley:

Yesss, I loved that too!! Only the gender is different 😋 I saw you allow your heirs to be each gender also. I chose to switch gender with each generation. I can’t help but think “what if I did this... what if that...”. I’m curious if you’ll get in that kind of situations later on!!

Ohh btw, I really like that little house Chase made for himself!

Would be fun if Liz could meet Chase! Maybe they would become good friends😊 I would do everything to see Liz back in a story lol, since I’m already in generation 2 and Liz is not really the subject anymore.
    Skeilah wrote: »

Yesss, I loved that too!! Only the gender is different 😋 I saw you allow your heirs to be each gender also. I chose to switch gender with each generation. I can’t help but think “what if I did this... what if that...”. I’m curious if you’ll get in that kind of situations later on!!

Ohh btw, I really like that little house Chase made for himself!

Would be fun if Liz could meet Chase! Maybe they would become good friends😊 I would do everything to see Liz back in a story lol, since I’m already in generation 2 and Liz is not really the subject anymore.

I know, but I'm just getting started. I will catch up to yours eventually. Lots of reading left to go! Can't wait!
    mW8spBr.png
    And....

I announce to you Chapter 1.02: A House is a Home
    mW8spBr.png
    Another great chapter. He's doing very well at work. He'll be at the top of his career in no time.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Chase should invest in some curtains. I wouldn't feel comfortable if everybody could look in my house like that. Oh, he likes gardening? Nice hobby^^ Now I'm thinking 'what are his traits exactly?' but I found it on the website. A gardening bodybuilder, heheheeheheh.
    edited December 2020
    Another great chapter. He's doing very well at work. He'll be at the top of his career in no time.

I noticed that the military career advances rather fast to start, but towards the end is slows down considerably. I just aim for his skill targets and daily homework and hope for the best.
    Chase should invest in some curtains. I wouldn't feel comfortable if everybody could look in my house like that. Oh, he likes gardening? Nice hobby^^ Now I'm thinking 'what are his traits exactly?' but I found it on the website. A gardening bodybuilder, heheheeheheh.
    Well, we only had so much money to begin. I always forget curtains, though. Part of the reason you'll never see me on YT building houses... I'll forget the little things like trash cans and curtains LOL. Also, former NFL player Rosey Grier knitted. He's a tough dude. If some Townie doesn't like that Chase gardens, he'll take him around the woodshed LOL

Post edited by Chrinnie on
    mW8spBr.png

At least Chase doesn't have Peeping Tina :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited December 2020
    I noticed that the military career advances rather fast to start, but towards the end is slows down considerably. I just aim for his skill targets and daily homework and hope for the best.

My sim in my StrangerVille story never got to the top of his career before solving the StrangerVille mystery. So I can attest it does slow down a bit. Still, though. Chase is doing good. Having an Active trait does help as well.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

My sim in my StrangerVille story never got to the top of his career before solving the StrangerVille mystery. So I can attest it does slow down a bit. Still, though. Chase is doing good. Having an Active trait does help as well.

I've never even tried to solve it. Maybe this go around?
    mW8spBr.png

It's really not that hard. It just takes time and patience. More patience than time.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited December 2020
    mW8spBr.png
    edited December 2020
    @Chrinnie
    Chapter 1.04: A baby already? .... :lol::grimace:

I could see Tina Peeping showing up at Chase's place any moment. :tongue:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

It's really not that hard. It just takes time and patience. More patience than time.

I actually have a Strangerville Story on my blog! I think I needed 8 Simdays to complete the story.
    I actually have a Strangerville Story on my blog! I think I needed 8 Simdays to complete the story.

Mine took 8 in-game days as well (shameless plug if you click the link attached to this text).
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @Chrinnie
    Chapter 1.04: A baby already? .... :lol::grimace:

I could see Tina Peeping showing up at Chase's place any moment. :tongue:

That's why he bought blinds LOL. But, as always seems to be the case in TS4, there's functionality not available with the blinds to lower or raise as needed, so they're as low as they're going to go without getting the ones that are fully closed.

Mine took 8 in-game days as well (shameless plug if you click the link attached to this text).

8 Sim Days? Well, on long life mode, YA stage is like 94. I think we'll get to it eventually. Could add some fun to it all.

Also, I updated the signature image. The red is now the same color of the shadow of Chase's hair.
    mW8spBr.png
    Yeeeeez YA-mode. I would have absolutely no patience for that😂😂

I like your signature!!
    Yeeeeez YA-mode. I would have absolutely no patience for that😂😂

I like your signature!!

Glad you like the siggy!

As for the long mode, I like it like that. Means lots of opportunities for my sims to do things. The sims would be better, in my opinion, if there was something between 24 days and 90ish days for their normal lives. Maybe 40 YA 40 Adult? I could be the only one who thinks that, but I prefer to have my sims not staring mortality in the face too quickly LOL.
    mW8spBr.png
    I think we all were inspired to update our forum sigs. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Oops, busted😂 But yeah, your sigs gave me some inspiration indeed!
    I like the both of yours.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    I like your sig, @LegacySims2017 I like how Levi stands out from the background.

May I also present to everyone: 1.04: A Fine Romance
    mW8spBr.png